• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No reset loss Pokémon battle

Years
  • One of the battles in the game I am making has a battle that is designed make you lose. How do I make it that when you lose this one battle, you have your Pokémon automatically healed and the story continues, rather than resetting to the Pokémon center?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    "Battle" could mean a trainer battle or a wild battle. Either way, it's going to be an event, so the solution is the same.

See the wiki. Specifically, see point 6 in the section I linked to (for trainer battles) or this page for wild battles. The last parameter of each is a "canlose" parameter, which if true, will do what you asked for.

I've added a "Continue" trainer comment for Essentials v12, which makes it easier to make trainer events you can carry on afterwards from.

Back