• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Story?

Drifblim

Banned
Years
  • Okay. The Stadium series did have some story credential to them if you consider Gym Leader Castle. I'm of the supposition that Battle Revolution will have a similar format, making it an update of Stadium to Diamond and Pearl standards.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Personally, I'm VERY happy we're returning back to no story. It's extremely good to go back to the Stadium roots and focus on multiplayer.

That's always a good sign for console games. That are for Pokemon Battling.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Personally, I'm VERY happy we're returning back to no story. It's extremely good to go back to the Stadium roots and focus on multiplayer.
    But what about those who don´t have a wi-fi connection? Or someone near by to play with you?

The same happens to Stadium series, if u don´t have someone to play with you, you´ll get sick and tired of the game really fast.

I´m not against a multiplayer game, I kinda like them, but it´s important to give an second option to players, on-line or off-line? (for those who like to play alone, for those who like to play RPGs and for those who can´t buy a wireless adapter)
    Some people will not buy PBR because they don´t have a wi-fi adapter at home.

For me, this game is a failure.
    (try harder next time Game Freak...)

Last edited:

XBlaze

Destructive Demon
    Years
  • What's so bad about an all online game?
    I take that back since you don't have to play it online.

In my opinion, this game looks awesome.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • This is where Nintendo really messes up. They should make a flow-blown 3d pokemon game. Not like colleseum which is like battle after battle and not like pokemon stadium which is like just battling. They should have gym leaders, everything that a pokemon game has. That would simply be amazing.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ... >> Which means it won't be as amusing for me because I won't be able to go online, or do the Wifi, unless it automatically comes with the Wii.

Because I can't afford to buy a Wifi connection... x__x

Lunux

<-- My recolours!!!
    Years
  • it would be extremely convinient if the WiFi adapter came with the Wii. i'm sorry it just doesn't happen. when they're selling the wii they are basically saying "Get everything else on your own...literally" it really sucks that i don't have WiFi for that reason.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2007
    I think no story is cool coz theres nothing stopping from doing whatever you want whenever you want

Regi DS

I'm always sleepy (zzz...)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    I see no point in having a story in PBR ;playing through the stories of Colloseum/XD was pointless unless you wanted pokemon with unusual moves.

PBR seems to emphasize more on battling than anything else, and they did a much better job at making it look pretty. So yeah, Wifi looks totally awesome and stuff

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • No, they're not being lazy. Did you start whining when they didn't implement a story in Stadium? I think not.
    But that was almost 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!
    And in a system with low storage capacity, the nintendo 64,
    it´s cartridges can´t handle a story mode, so that´s just an excuse...

But now we are talking about the Wii, wich is 3 times more powerful than a GameCube!
    And using normal sized DVD discs it can store 3 times more data than a GameCube´s mini DVD. (A Nintendo 64 cartridge could handle 64 megabytes and the normal DVD [wich PBR is using] can handle about 6000 megabytes!:knockedou )

BUT, nintendo is stll using 3D models from Stadium series for the old pokemons (it´s an insult for the veterans who liked the very first pokemons, to see their loved pokemons with Stadium 1 graphics) , didn´t include a story mode, and also didn´t include ANY feature for the Wii-mote, wich is the more important part of the Wii.

Sassafras

Rick The Casbah!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    I dont really mind the lack of story. Thats what D/P is for. I wass just hoping for cell shaded graphics for some reason....
    oh well.

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
  • For whoever said they're just using the same graphics~ look here.

It's from serebii.net. It's the same model, but they've redone the skin on the models (the bare wire-frames are the same, but the final product has been upgraded a bit) if you ask me.

I like the storyless games more than the GC ones, simply because I like seeing everything in 3D.

Last edited:
    Back