• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Story?

Frugget

Meteor Masher
    Years
    I think it would be cool, y'know? catching some fresh, pixellated pokemon on the handheld, plugging them in, and watching them fight in full 3D.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    But that was almost 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!
    And in a system with low storage capacity, the nintendo 64,
    it´s cartridges can´t handle a story mode, so that´s just an excuse...

But now we are talking about the Wii, wich is 3 times more powerful than a GameCube!
    And using normal sized DVD discs it can store 3 times more data than a GameCube´s mini DVD. (A Nintendo 64 cartridge could handle 64 megabytes and the normal DVD [wich PBR is using] can handle about 6000 megabytes!:knockedou )

BUT, nintendo is stll using 3D models from Stadium series for the old pokemons (it´s an insult for the veterans who liked the very first pokemons, to see their loved pokemons with Stadium 1 graphics) , didn´t include a story mode, and also didn´t include ANY feature for the Wii-mote, wich is the more important part of the Wii.

Why do everyone starts complaining about BR having no story WHEN D/P HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!!!! Games with story are for the handheld. No other game for Pokémon should be made except for the Stadium-like ones. And they should NOT include any storyline because they are just made to have better graphics than your handheld and to add more serious trainers (the cups, gym leader castle, whatever)

About the N64 models, that's totally inacceptable. Just because graphics doesn't affect gameplay, it doesn't mean you shouldn't do new ones. However, Pokémon can't look better than in GCN (I mean the R/S/E ones). About the storyline, again, no storyline is better. About the features for the Wii-mote. That's ridiculous! Pokémon is just selecting attacks and waiting. if it's not like that, it's not Pokémon.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
    I would care much. I mean it's LIKE the Stadiums. THE best of the 3D Pokemon RPGs.
    Minus the mini-games and the ability to battle the Sinnoh leaders and to play D/P on the game. :P

AND I HAVE SEEN THE ARCANINE. IT LOOKS DREADFUL.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
    I'm skeptic- at the moment. But, i'm sure when BR is released in the UK, i will be praising its awesomeness and asking around for friend codes, of however the wifi thing is going to work. I bet this site will have a massive database for friend codes too, just like diamond and pearl, so i can get some more people to battle and keep me entertained! I also looked on serebii- the trainer customization looks amazing!

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    There's no story, but does that make it a bad game? Most Sports involved games don't have a story, just a goal. Most snowboarding games don't have a story, you just have to double flip twice down the hill.

It's never been no story that makes a bad game. It's gameplay.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    There's no story, but does that make it a bad game? Most Sports involved games don't have a story, just a goal. Most snowboarding games don't have a story, you just have to double flip twice down the hill.

It's never been no story that makes a bad game. It's gameplay.

well that is true though, and sometimes the story can be really crappy though

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    I created a topic about that! XD

No, but think about it, using Pokemon Stadium 3D models in a Wii game is ridiculous. (it´s similar to put Gold/Silver sprites in Diamond/Pearl games)
    And besides Zelda fans don´t wanted Link to be realistic as hell,
    but now they love the new realistic Link!

There´s a lack of many features but looks like a good game, but i bet
    you´ll get tired of it fast because of the lack of features.

Actuallly, zelda fans have loved the realistic link since it was shown. And every1 still likes it

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    About the features for the Wii-mote. That's ridiculous! Pokémon is just selecting attacks and waiting. if it's not like that, it's not Pokémon.
    Wouldn´t you like to trow your pokeball the way you wanted, using the wii-mote?:badsmile: I would!;)

CloneD_Darkrai

Perfect Team Sercher
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    Story dosn't really matter to me...
    But I would like those lost stadium features...
    They should have a game where after you send out your pokemon, you play as it durring the battle. And a 3D walk around, but no stupid air bike throught the desert.
    Oh well, it would cost to much and be outa stock too quick...

Frugget

Meteor Masher
    Years
    it's just your decison, really, whether you want an alternate battle system with 3d pokemons for the same price as the actual game, which includes story, wi-fi, and portability. i'm going to get it, though. i got wii for the new super smash bros. game, this is just a bonus.:rambo:

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    you do not need a story in this game. all you need is a play to hold world tornies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    As I've said many times, fans of RPGs expect there to be a story in a game. And if there's no story, they aren't gonna buy it.

I am NOT gonna spend 50 bucks on a role-playing game that has no story in it.

Diamond and Pearl are great games that actually HAVE a story (albeit the same one as all the other Pokemon games). And since this game is on a next-gen system, there is just no excuse.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    It's like Quake 3. Despite being a game made for MULTIKIlL! HEADSHOT! GODLIKE! BEYOND GODLIKE SOMEONE KILL HIM!-ing your friends, it sold quite well.

Basically, my point is: PBR=Q3A, thus online fun. Who needs a story when you can fight random people?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    It's like Quake 3. Despite being a game made for MULTIKIlL! HEADSHOT! GODLIKE! BEYOND GODLIKE SOMEONE KILL HIM!-ing your friends, it sold quite well.

Basically, my point is: PBR=Q3A, thus online fun. Who needs a story when you can fight random people?

It's sort of a moot point relating a Shooter to a Role Playing Game though. And relating Pokemon to an 'M' rated game is even moreso. Plus, people who buy shooters expect the gameplay to be like that. If I wanted a game solely for multiplayer, I'd play Yuri's Revenge. Does that make it the same as Battle Revolution? No. And to be fair, I'll retract this statement the second I see someone's head get blown off in Pokemon.

Now, onto the other thing. This is the Wii, a next-gen system. There is still no excuse for not having a story in the game. They could've done like the Colosseum games and had a story mode. It wouldn't have had to be that great, but just something. No, there's no excuse for that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Aug 13, 2007
    You Crazy

All I Want To Do Is Kick Some 3d But, Also Most Of The Stories Such As Diamonds And Pearls Are Very Easy Plus If There Is A Story For Pkmn Br Then It Will Take Longer To Get The Diamond And Pearl Pkmn Up There

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    As I've said many times, fans of RPGs expect there to be a story in a game. And if there's no story, they aren't gonna buy it.

I am NOT gonna spend 50 bucks on a role-playing game that has no story in it.

Diamond and Pearl are great games that actually HAVE a story (albeit the same one as all the other Pokemon games). And since this game is on a next-gen system, there is just no excuse.

*is an RPG fan*

*knows PBR has no story*

*has pre-ordered PBR*

*Pities you for being so shallow*

People, there's one thing you have to realize. PBR is NOT an RPG. It's a battling game. All you do is battle to earn more chances to battle. And yet, we're still buying it. Why? Well, for me, it's a chance for my team to kick random trainer ass in beautiful three-dimensional environments with excellent visual effects, and WITHOUT having to actually talk to random n00bsp33king kids on forums like this or getting their friend codes only to clutter up your list. 32 isn't enough for someone active like me.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    *is an RPG fan*
    People, there's one thing you have to realize. PBR is NOT an RPG. It's a battling game. All you do is battle to earn more chances to battle. And yet, we're still buying it. Why? Well, for me, it's a chance for my team to kick random trainer ass in beautiful three-dimensional environments with excellent visual effects, and WITHOUT having to actually talk to random n00bsp33king kids on forums like this or getting their friend codes only to clutter up your list. 32 isn't enough for someone active like me.

Well, I can't really argue with the Friend Codes thing that the DS uses. It's just ---. Plus, it's the biggest gimmick ever seen in a video game or system since needing a Genesis, a Sega CD, and a 32X (three systems) to play Sega CDX games. I won't argue with you there.

But the point still remains, with a next-gen system, it shouldn't be that hard to incorporate a story. I mean, I could do it.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen Aug 13, 2007
    Whatever

I Still Say A Story Would Mess Up The Game With One People Would Take Days Just To Actually Beat Thew Storyline Unless Your Like Me

Back