• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Nolafus' occasional drawings

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • Hey there! Man, it's been a long time since I've had anything to upload. I'm not drawing a lot, by any means, but I do enjoy making something from time to time, so it's time I made a gallery to bump up once a year. Please feel free to leave any comments and/or critiques. I would like to get better, and I have a lot to work on, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. Now that the introduction is set, let's move on to the art.

This first one I drew quite a long time ago, back when I played League of Legends. I didn't have a scanner at the time, so a photo of the drawing will have to do. It was my first time drawing an entire body, as well as a drawing that took up the entire page. The drawing itself is of my favorite champion, Galio, shielding his creator from the rain as they return from grocery shopping.
    Spoiler:

I got a scanner!

The second one is currently my avatar, only bigger. His name is Rattus, but if you're really good friends with him, he'll let you call him Whiskers. Whiskers is the main character for my next novel attempt, and it's going pretty well so far. He has an IQ of 186 and lets his emotions take control once in a while, so he isn't the easiest person to get along with, but he means well and his heart is always in the right place.
    Spoiler:

And the third one is one I just finished this morning! Every Saturday, I play D&D with my friends all night long, normally until 5:00 AM, and if I drew a picture of my character, I'll get bonus exp, so why not? His name is Kolski and he's a Lizardfolk hunter. He prefers to use his bow, and he's a really good shot. Kolski isn't the brightest, however, and it takes him a while to get his words out and understand complex ideas and tasks, but he'll get there. He's a lot of fun to roleplay as, and his actual character is one of my favorite characters I've made so far.
    Spoiler:

Like I said any types of comments and feedback is welcome. I just want to know people are taking a moment to look at my drawings so I can thank them, haha.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I like these drawings! A lot! While they aren't the cutsey or anime art style I usually like, I've gotta admit that they are very well drawn with an eye to detail and a touch of love along with the splash of creativity they are. It reminds me of an illustrator who did art for some books I enjoyed, Redwall by Brian Jaques

I don't remember who illustrated them, but the detail and style seem similar enough. Looks fantastic!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Thank you! Each of the drawings takes at least five hours total, so I definitely put a lot of effort into them. I'm not the best artist, but I try to make my drawings stand out by the amount of detail and attention I put into them, so I'm happy it's paying off!

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Amazing!!!!! I pretty like the first one. that showed the loyalty of the creation to the creator.

And I also like the 2nd picture but I am not sure what is he creating. but hey... since he is a genius guy ( like Jimmy Neutron? lel) he could invent something useful.

Well I also not a good artist ( or I totally not), but I always feel satisfy with my drawings as I really put a great effort to draw them :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I wanted to draw Galio having that close bond with his creator before the creator got murdered, but I didn't want to draw a sappy moment, so I drew a small one instead. I really like that scene, so I'm happy it turned out decently!

I'm also not sure what Whiskers is making, haha. Thank you for taking a look at these and commenting, it means a lot!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Okay, so one of my friends wanted me to draw a picture to give to one of her friends for Christmas, but I missed the deadline. So, this will instead be a birthday gift, but what's important is that my friend wanted me to draw my first person. Well, it's a portrait, but the unique twist was that she wanted it to look like a mosaic, so basically a bunch of tiles. This drawing took forever, and I probably spent around twelve hours overall working on it and drawing each individual tile. It's not perfect, but I like the way it turned out in general. I must apologize, as scanners don't necessarily get along with pencil drawings, but hopefully it still scanned alright:
    Spoiler:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Oh mY god, well done man! I mean that is very great even though scanner is way ****. But I can really feel the drawing. It looks alive. Great job!

But recently I tried to use Picasa to tune my drawing contrast just to enhance it. You can try it out :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Wow, that mosaic picture is amazing. I've never seen a portrait done like that before at it came out spectacularly. :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Alright, I finally got around to completing my latest drawing, and boy was it a doozy.

I drew another League of Legends character, but this is a skin idea I had. In case you don't know about the game, you can purchase 'skins' for various characters you own, making them look different depending on what skin you buy. Alistar (The Minotaur) is my favorite support, and currently the champion I have the most games on. He's a lot of fun to play, and I wanted to draw a skin that exemplifies his body-blocking abilities, so I drew Bouncer Alistar.
    Spoiler:

Coloring this out was definitely the main challenge. All of the shading and textures took a long time, and although the background isn't complex or anything, it's still a background which is new for me. I like the way it turned out overall, even if you can see the large strokes I took on the wall, but oh well, no drawing is perfect. Let me know what you think!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Thank you! One thing I definitely learned from this drawing was that my colored pencils are pretty cheap. I tried to really get some dark colors, but I couldn't get them aside from the black. The reds and blues I ended up using were the darkest ones in the set I have, so I may end up investing in some better colored pencils, since I seem to be outgrowing the ones I currently have. Do you think that will help solve it?

Back