• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-sensicle things in the Pokémon games!

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    So, this thread is about what things in the Pokémon games which you think is completely weired, or doesen't make any sense, or has bothered you in some way or been a little bit irritating.
    Let me to start with these examples:
    1) Why is it that Hitmonlee can learn Sucker Punch but not Hitmonchan? It's the punching pokemon and it's Kicking counterpart has a Punch which it can't have.
    2) Why on earth can Wooper learn Ice Punch? Where are it's arms?
    3)How can a pidgey or a pidove fly you across a continent?
    4)HOW THE HELL CAN A SHINX INTIMIDATE RAYQUAZA?

Years
    Similar to the Pidgey one, how can a Goldeen carry you across the ocean, I feel kinda bad for it. Also, pretty much every evil team compromises their organizations plans by giving a kid the passcode to a door or something just because you beat their Pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    why is ledian not stronger? bug can carry ten times theire own weight! but cant learn strenght?

Years
    I don't like how there isn't an option to politely ask somebody who is blocking your path to scoot over a little bit. I understand it is part of advancing the story, but I would like a more creative reason than something that is easily rectifiable with a simple please

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
    Why is that literally every Legendary in the world kneels to a 10-14-year-old kid? Who may or may not be mute?

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    How can a Doduo fly .... Explain to me.

Bulbapedia
    Doduo and Dodrio are both able to learn Fly, despite not having any wings. This is because the Japanese name for the move can also be translated as "sky jump", and both are known for their prowess at jumping.
    But acc. to this, Blaziken should be able to learn Fly, which it dosen't.
    Pokemon world is weired, and full of mysteries...

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Bulbapedia
    Doduo and Dodrio are both able to learn Fly, despite not having any wings. This is because the Japanese name for the move can also be translated as "sky jump", and both are known for their prowess at jumping.
    But acc. to this, Blaziken should be able to learn Fly, which it dosen't.
    Pokemon world is weired, and full of mysteries...

That means they can jump high .... And at least from what I know JUMPING IS DIFFERENT FROM FLYING > -- < Good job GF.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I'm irrationally annoyed by how the 'shellder' on slowbro's tail looks nothing like a shellder.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
    - Pretty much all HMs- seeing how many of them (e.g. cut, flash, surf, fly and many others) comes innate to many pokemon even without them having to learn it.

- On the same theme, many game obstacles that work as plot devices (this is a theme in many RPGs). Doors in villain headquarters that require keys when I can easily get a buff pokemon to knock it down, guards who lock up an entire city just because they're thirsty, guy who draws his own footprints for hours thereby preventing anyone from leaving the town- the list is endless and nonsensical and absurd in every conceivable way.

- Capturing pokemon who clearly have better things to do than remain locked up in a kid's computer for the rest of eternity, like protecting a city (Latios and Latias), different islands (the legendary birds), an entire region (Rayquaza), the anti-world (Giratina), the universe's space-time continuum (Dialga and Palkia) and doing things creator-designer deities usually do (Arceus). It's not their being captured that irks me, it's the fate they're relegated to after capture and the absurd and preposterous consequences said capture would lead to. I think this is somewhat sensible for some roaming pokemon, but of course pokemon had to go ahead and draw causal connections between the ambitions of a 10 year old and cosmic phenomena.

And of course, the entire premise of the game i.e. locking up wild animals into tiny balls and making them fight for spectator gratification. If you think this is too simplistic, we already had something of a discussion on this specific topic here.

Back