• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noob here.

ChristianHulk

ChristianHulk
Years
  • Hello every one. Obviously I'm new here but not new to a forum. Was heavy in to competitive gaming on Xbox 360 and 1. But decided to take a break from all of that. It's been about a year and was looking for something to do in my spare time which after a wife and 4 kids there isn't much of, I stumbled back on to Pokemon. I played a lot in school but got rid of it all and moved on to other things. Found TCGO and fell in love again. I play TCGO casually. I am looking to start collecting cards again and there is a lot to learn from when I was collecting befor. I stopped during gen 1. Not sure where to start or even good places to buy. I stumbled onto PokeCommunity by accident but have been getting some good feed back so I figured I'd stay and make one of these about posts. I have been thinking about building a few decks but am not sure where to begin with that. I would like them for casual play and maybe comp play so if any one has any advice for that that would be awesome. Well if you have any questions just ask. I'm an open book.

Vengeful One

I'll put something amazing here eventually...
    Years
  • Glad we could have you here Christian! I am sure you will love this place! I don't know too much about the trading card game since I mostly just enjoy collecting the cards instead of using them, but always make sure to keep a good balance of energy, trainer, and trainer cards. If you want some help with it, I suggest heading to the trading card forum. Have a wonderful experience and I hope to see you around here sometime!

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
    Years
  • Hi Christian Welcome to PC, always good to have new people around here, and a TCG lover too. I remember playing that when I was a kid and still have some of my old cards, more for decoration purposes now though. Have you considered playing any of the new games that have come out recently? theres some really wacked out stuff compared to Gen 1 now. Anyway, hope you like it here, and hope to see you around. :)

Years
  • I wish I were more into playing the card game but I find myself preferring actually collecting the cards. They have some very pretty artwork and I still have all of mine from 16 years ago when I was 8. Good times. ;w; Welcome, Christian!

Yeah, PC generally gets quite good feedback and we're a pretty great place so hope we'll be seeing you. The TCG forum here could use more regulars so contribute to that whenever you can. :) Have a good time!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Yoho, ChristianHulk! Welcome to PC!

Ah, I don't really notice the TCG and battling Pokemon, card style but yeah, there's a lot of feedback and tidbits not just on games and online battles but cards too! PC has lots of info, it's a bit easy to get lost, haha.

Anyway, enjoy your stay!

Back