• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Noob in Sinnoh, need advice!

Years
    Hey everybody! I am revisiting Pokemon Platinum after many years and I've forgotten just about everything about the region. I'm hoping you can give me some advice that will help me on my journey, but specifically about these two questions:

• What HMs are most important to have in my main team for navigating Sinnoh?
    • When planning my team, are there any types I should focus on to best combat the gym leaders and elite trainers of Sinnoh?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    In terms of HMs, it seems that most of them, if not all of them are needed to progress through the game. Most people fall back on using a Bidoof/Bibarel as HM slaves.

There are a lack of well-rounded fire-types outside of the Chimchar line and the Ponyta line. Although Flareon did get some well needed love in Platinum, so it may be worth picking one up if you aren't going for Chimchar. I usually try to have Water/Fire/Grass trio and then fill the other three slots with things I want to use.

Platinum is a great game, and personally one of my favorites so I do hope you enjoy playing it through!

Years
    In terms of HMs, it seems that most of them, if not all of them are needed to progress through the game. Most people fall back on using a Bidoof/Bibarel as HM slaves.

There are a lack of well-rounded fire-types outside of the Chimchar line and the Ponyta line. Although Flareon did get some well needed love in Platinum, so it may be worth picking one up if you aren't going for Chimchar. I usually try to have Water/Fire/Grass trio and then fill the other three slots with things I want to use.

Platinum is a great game, and personally one of my favorites so I do hope you enjoy playing it through!

Thanks! Yeah, I figured I would probably need an HM slave. Oh well. Looking forward to not having to use these anymore in Sun / Moon!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Oooh, cool! So I've started Pearl again and I'm looking forward to build a good team. I wanted a Frosslass but sigh, only available post-game...

My current team:
    Prinplup Lv. 26
    Staravia Lv. 26

Help on team-building would be appreciated. I don't want more than 6 Pokemon, so yeah... ^^

I don't have to create a new topic for this, am I right?

It would be better so you aren't taking over someone else's thread.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2017
    I think getting a roserade would fit your team, since it's a pretty decent (SP) poison/grass type

Back