• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Not able to save the customization done in Post Flair

Days
  • Hello. Today I thought to try out the Post Flair of my profile, and did some basic stuffs there....

And afterwards I thought to save it for a while :

1709012847434.png

But when I pressed save, I got the following error :

1709012913069.png

What am I missing out there ?

Because if I can preview this, then I might be able to save it as well.

admin

test
    Days
  • Rainbow Badge
  • Hello. Today I thought to try out the Post Flair of my profile, and did some basic stuffs there....

And afterwards I thought to save it for a while :

View attachment 155726

But when I pressed save, I got the following error :

View attachment 155727

What am I missing out there ?

Because if I can preview this, then I might be able to save it as well.
    Hi,
    Can you try again? I've whitelisted those properties

Days
  • Hi,
    Can you try again? I've whitelisted those properties
    Thanks for fixing it.

But that border thing is persisting in other blocks, including avatar :

1. And one little question; how can I apply this in main block ?

#grad {
    Code:
      background-image: linear-gradient(red, yellow);
    }

As the above tagline is given in w3schools, but I am not able to understand how to implement it.

1709044733938.png

Years
  • So, if I want to create gradient pattern only by using colors not by image, then what should I be doing ?

And, the background-color is also disabled in other fields.
    I've enabled it in other fields too - sorry for the inconvenience!

For gradients, you can try something like this:

Code:
    background: linear-gradient(90deg, rgba(2,0,36,1) 0%, rgba(9,9,121,1) 35%, rgba(0,212,255,1) 100%);

You'll just need to adjust the colors to fit what you want. This website can create the needed code for you and you can just paste it in: https://cssgradient.io/

Days
  • I've enabled it in other fields too - sorry for the inconvenience!
    Thanks for helping out. It was not inconvenient at all, because I wanted to learn something new, hence thought give that section a try, for which I was exploring the w3schools to learn the basics !!

Something similar I did when I first moved Arch Linux ecosystem after using the Windows, and there also I learned basics commands and dotfiles editing to bring out good looking desktop, and here also I want to learn new things by being part of the community who have lot more knowledge than me !!

Now I can explore the color combinations until the point when I reach the level when I could use images, though it's not guaranteed that I drop the color combo in favor of images :tongue:

And ;

background

property seems disabled in Statistics section, hence the gradient effect can't be saved there.

And what is Mini Biography section, and where does it appears ?

And how to insert the local images in signature ?

I want to insert this at bottom :

pngwing.com.png

I will of course resize this to 300 x 300 criterion.

Last edited:
    Years
  • And what is Mini Biography section, and where does it appears ?
    This will be added in when the developer has time to include it, it's already on the list of things in the works! On the previous forum software it used to be to the right of the posts/account age, and showed your location, nature, pronouns. I'm looking forward to having it back too. <3

For the signature, you can click the little portrait icon to include an image there. Then you can click the boxes in any corner to resize it so it fits within the signature rules!

Years
  • I thought so. But there it's asking to enter the link.

See this :

View attachment 155792
    Yeah, unfortunately there's no way to upload images to signatures directly right now - sorry about that. It escaped me originally when I was replying haha. But you can just make a thread in the Scrapbox (no one but you can see it as this is purely a thread/post testing forum), grab the link, and then paste it into your signature from there! You'll be able to resize it using the four corners once you do that.

EDIT: Actually, please ignore the above; the Scrapbox is a private forum, so image links taken from there won't be visible to anyone but you. Upload it to your personal media gallery album instead and then it will be fine!

Last edited:
    Days
  • After availability of Mini-Biography section, I thought to revamp the looks with whatever gradient combinations I know, hence I stumbled across following three things :

1. I was using gradient effects across various parts to see to how it looks out, prompted me to value @keyframe. While I was trying to add it to username and mainblock, it was not working out.

2. Is it possible to create bordered Username ? And can we change font spacing using font-stretch parameter, and is it possible to increase the text size of username ?

3. By mistake, I entered my birth year 2023 😆 , hence my age is just 5-6 months !!
    Can you reset it to default ?

Back