• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not even started and already frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCBacara

Clone Commander
Years
  • Not at Pokemon...at KOREA!

BTW I should probably head over to the welcome forums on the forums but I have been busy. Anyway I am in the military, currently stationed in Korea. Being here I only have access to two "stores" that sell American versions of video games. So my adventure began....

I went to the first store, about one hour from where I live. To my luck they had no Nintendo DS and no Pokemon (except a Pokemon Dungeon game that I had never heard of). So I decided to go to the other store. So my adventure continued...

I hoped on a BUS from the first store and road 2 hours to the next door. Again no Pokemon (except the dungeon thing again and a game called Pokemon Ranger or something like that). I then asked the lady at the counter if they at least had the DS. She went in the back and brought me...

A PINK ONE!

Now nothing against them but, not for me. So I had to order it. It should have my DS and Pokemon Platinum in the mail in a week or so...which sucks cause I am REALLY excited to get started again.

BTW to the moderator that closed my last thread--I know I could have found that stuff in other threads, but I don't get to spend much time on the internet most days and I enjoy talking to new people. So I apologize if I broke a forum rule ~ my bad.

Going to go ahead and throw in a question while I am thinking about it.

When I played blue/red back in the day I had a strategy guide for the game. In the back of the guide it had an evolution chart for ALL the pokemon, as well as what level they got what skill...which basically showed you the pros and cons to letting a pokemon evolve. Anyway I have searched the net and can't seem to find on for Platinum. Is there one that has all that information? And where would I find it?

I did find one that has the evolution levels but not the abilities.

Last edited:

CCBacara

Clone Commander
    Years
  • So my Nintendo DS and Pokemon Platinum shipped yesterday. I should have it in about a week or so. I have had my mind so filled with Pokemon this week I have read almost every post on these forums (okay I may be over doing that one).

I saw a lot of nice posts here and there to help explain things to me but I would like to make a suggestion.

Since all of you have so much knowledge on the game, someone should make a newbie guide to consolidate all this great information in one thread...and simplify it. Most of what I read didn't make sense to me.

Anyway...I can't wait to get the game. I really hope I can trade and battle all of you really soon (although I think I would rather play the older players cause I can see the younger guys laughing at me for not knowing what I am doing, lol).

So, here I am in Korea...waiting...and waiting...and waiting!

Item shipped on 18 May and as of 25 May I still don't have it...

I want to play!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixtypin

?_?
    Years
  • After moving around so much myself I just got mine. I have not played Pokemon since Gold came out and have no idea what this Ranger or Dungeon crap is either.

I hope you get it soon! I am so lost on all these new things.

Last edited:

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
  • Since all of you have so much knowledge on the game, someone should make a newbie guide to consolidate all this great information in one thread...and simplify it. Most of what I read didn't make sense to me.

To a newbie, it must all sound pretty complicated. But you'll pick it up quickly once you start playing.

The game itself is pretty good at explaining things. It doesn't just throw you in at the deep end. :)

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Good luck on your future gaming endeavors!

Also, IMO, please just block these terms from your mind: EVs; IVs.
    They just ruin the game, adding complexity to a once fun and simple game (to me at least), so save your Pokéginity while you can.

CCBacara

Clone Commander
    Years
  • My biggest problem is that I have been researching the game in and out since I decided to pick it up.

The more I read, the more I want :)

I got word that it might be here tomorrow...*crosses fingres*

According to my online tracking it got to Korea today. I SHOULD have it tomorrow morning!

Last edited:

Jollyrancher

Blue Raspberry Level
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Huh? You can do Iv'ing and Ev'ing when you need a powerful team, so just finish the game before you involve yourself with Ev'ing and Iv'ing. Ev'ing adds alot to your pokemon's stats. Like max stats it adds to a certain stat like Attack, is like 60+. You can do that with 2 stats :P But don't worry about this until you get to competitive battling with people around the world. You really don't need to ev your pokemon to finish your game :) On more tip, you need to watch your pokemon's nature. A certain nature can greatly affect your pokemon's stats. For better or for worse :P

CCBacara

Clone Commander
    Years
  • Well guys, my DS and Platinum finally got here! Mods can close this thread now.

Look for my progress in the Journal sticky at the top once I get started....

YAY!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back