• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Not Trading) Card Games

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Can anyone play any card games?

(By card games I mean things like Solitaire, Blackjack, Go Fish, President (or, as my friends call it, Emperor Scum), Hearts etc. and NOT things like Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon et al.)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I know how to play go fish, war, solitaire, Egyptian rat screw, crazy eights, all kinds lol.[/SIZE]

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Poker, blackjack, soiltare, crazy 8s, war, caravan, BS (Bull ****), and a couple others that I can't remember the name of.

When I got a copy of New Vegas, I loved Caravan so much that I actually took the time to memorize the rules and do some slight modifications so it can be played irl. I never played it, since no one was interested in it, but still...

Years
    I play quite a few of these, most notably one you've probably never heard of in Basra, which is a card game that traces its roots to the Middle East.

Another one that I've played that hasn't been mentioned is Spoons.

There are a few more I have played but am too lazy to think of at the moment.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Oh, I've played my fair share of non-TCG card games. I've played Texas Hold 'em and Spoons.

In Texas Hold'em, I usually deal, but I play the cards sometimes.

Speaking of the "spoons" card game, has anyone heard of it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Texas Hold'em though I rarely play live anymore. I occasionly deposit on pokerstars but that is once every couple of months. Played too much and too often and it just got a bit repetitive.

Years
    I know a lot of these games. I would play them with my great aunt when the family went camping or got together for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The one she taught me that I'd never heard of, and seemingly no one else has, is called Spite And Malice, which is the best name for a game that I've ever heard. It's a two-deck game, so maybe that's why.

Back