• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nothing will go below three steps away

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    All of my nearby Pokemon are 3 footprints away now, and Pokemon will pop up who are not even on the nearby window at all. Or Pok?mon will appear who are at the bottom of the nearby map.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the compass is, is it always pointing north? Because today I was facing one way, my character was facing the opposite way and the compass was facing sideways.

I think I'm joining the bandwagon on the foorptints need to go. They need to add a number or an arrow pointing in the direction because right now if a pokemon appears on the nearby map it could be a mile away in any direction and I'm not wandering around at night all over the city looking for a Snorlax.

Years
    Well this has been going on all the time I've had the app... It's so frustrating to see a pokemon you want to catch on your nearby pokemons list (especially if you don't have it yet!) then just walking around the place you are and hoping you will run into the pokemon... I have pretty much played the game by just walking from point A to B and catching the pokemon that I'll encounter on the way. Today I missed Schyter and Hitmonchan already...

The meter system or at least a direction where to go would be so nice. I don't think it would make the game too easy as I'm struggling to find anything but pidgeys, rattatas and weedles... they could make more common pokemon to appear more often like even caterpie or something.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's a bug right now unfortunately, but hopefully it'll be fixed with the next patch. Makes it stupidly hard to track down anything you actually want. All you can really do is rely on their position in the nearby list changing but I find that very inaccurate a lot of the time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spoiler:

Moments like this are when I really start to hate this glitch .-.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    When are they going to do something about this glitch? This has been going on for several days now. They need to fix this.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Good question! They had a patch today to update the game and all they did was "update minor text issues" from memory so... seems like it's not a priority for now at least :p

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    It really should be a priority. It takes away the whole spirit of "exploration" the game was supposed to have.

I'm just hoping when they finally do bring it back that they replace the footprint system with something a little more accurate.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It really should be a priority. It takes away the whole spirit of "exploration" the game was supposed to have.

I'm just hoping when they finally do bring it back that they replace the footprint system with something a little more accurate.
    Oh gosh yes please. The distance readings shown in the beta would be perfect. I imagine the only problem is that constantly updating these numbers would be even worse on the server strain so perhaps we'll be waiting a while for a more sophisticated system.

Back