• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
  • Ok, picking up from post #116 on page 5...

@Johnny #118 - What makes you agree with Alex about Gunner?
    [Vote] Bardothren

Shooting the cop on day 1
    8.%20no.gif
    Even after Bard's claim?

Page 6

Oooh stories (will have to read maybe during the night)

I don't think I can compete with Bard's competition entry. Maybe if it wasn't nearly 4am and I didn't also have a lab report to write tomorrow.

I see Gunner's reasoning here, apparently Hyper's reasoning for voting Gunner was because she was the "second suspect" after Bard, but tbh it did just look like he was following Alex on that one. [Lynch] HyperMorian
    Does this mean you also disagree with what Alex said?
    Well I can't really compete with Bard but I still need to need to put up a story. Sorry in advance for it probably being kinda bad. Also sorry for it being kinda long.

*story snip*

...Should I make it shorter or... I'm not really sure how long these are supposed to be. According to sources on the internet it technically fits but...
    19.%20confused.gif

Oh yeah I should probably vote too. Sorry about sheeping along; I spent all my energy on that story. ><

[Lynch]HyperMorian

wait... was the story thing mandatory or... I honestly thought it was I'm so sorry ;~;
    Not seeing why you're voting HyperMorian here
    [UNVOTE]Bardothren

I'll go with Alex's initial reasoning and [VOTE]Salzorrah

Also, slight fos on Gimmepie and Nightkrow. This counterwagon raised some alarms, it seems coordinated.
    I agree that the Morian counterwagon seems too quick to start, especially when the reasoning is exactly the same as Gunner's and that reasoning came from GUNNER. So yes, I agree with Johnny. I fos pie and krow too.
    It's interesting seeing these fos's, but Nani doesn't get fos'd despite being the only one to give absolutely zero reasoning for joining this wagon
    I'm just less than convinced that HyperMorian is even a considerable D1 target, given the content of his posts - informative, contributive. Sure, the gunner vote was whacked on the end of a long post, but youve passively pushed for a reason and we have one. I don't see much out of the ordinary. Looking back - Gunner did snap with the Bard vote almost immediately after he shot cop - which fair enough, is something that I think a fair few people would do. I just do not get the idea that Gunner's argument is any sounder than the argument against her. It really isn't.
    I think you might be falling into the trap of high activity/contribution = town, although I don't agree that Morian has been all that contributive. What do you think of this post from him?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • My only reason for joining it was rage. Bard acted stupidly, and I got mad and voted to lynch him. Unfortunately when I get mad I tend to make short-sighted decisions. I know that sounds overly simplistic but that's all I got for bandwagoning him.

mew_nani

Years
  • I don't see the reason for joining the Morian wagon tho

That was due to me spending several hours writing and editing a short story late at night and going "ah screw it," and voting for Morian. Sorry I didn't just put this in with the first post I didn't read yours correctly. ><

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Due to the server issues earlier today, and me being out now, the phase will be extended by two hours, and will now end at midnight BST.

So, in just over two hours?

Guess I won't be able to write anything.

Please don't introduce events like that over halfway into the phase, lmao.

Also, "rage" is not an excuse for a vote, at all.

I can't look much into things from my phone right now, but I should be home within an hour, hopefully.

mew_nani

Years
  • It's not an excuse at all, but that's my honest reason for joining the bandwagon. I wasn't exactly thinking straight at the time. I usually don't when I'm mad about something.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • To be fair there was half the day left when the event was announced:/

I must agree with Johnny here actually,superjolt. You act very helpful, but a large portion of your post is just condensing a post and asking a question, providing little content of your own.

I'm afraid I'm even tempted to [#LYNCH]Superjolt

mew_nani

Years
  • Hold everything I'm back to my laptop and it's story time *****es let's do this before the day ends riiiiiiiiiiip
    Oh boy! Short story duel! ^^

As for my vote I honestly don't really know who to vote for. I voted for Morian late at night just to get a vote in because I was too tired to engage in critical thinking at the time. Now that I've went back and read everything (which I should have been doing to begin with... egh) while Morian is oddly certain Gunner is possibly mafia and has dodgy reasoning for it... I'm not entirely sure it's enough reason to lynch. All I really seem to have on anyone are straws, and for me at least it's just too early in the game to really tell who might be who.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Does this mean you also disagree with what Alex said?

I agree with him on Bard but not on Gunner. Gunner gave just as much reason for voting Bard as most people who voted Bard, except her vote and her reason were split across two posts. Creating that bandwagon wasn't entirely on her either - even if her vote wasn't first, most, if not all of the votes that followed would probably have still been there.

To me, HyperMorian looks like he's pocketing Alex, not to mention it's kinda hypocritical to vote for someone because they didn't give a reason for their vote (when they gave just as much reason as most other people on the same wagon), and then not give a reason for your vote until asked.

hmm I do like Fletch's ideas about Desi/Uzumaki Naruto as well, looks like he's posting just to look active without actually saying much. In fact, his voting posts look even more "yeah, me too!" than HyperMorian's do.
    You know what, I'm going to [Unvote] HyperMorian and [Lynch] Uzumaki Naruto. Still have fos on HyperMorian tho, and slight fos on Nani as well (although she does seem to be giving the vote a bit more consideration now.)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Please tell me a short story involving one Pokemon for each letter of the English alphabet
    Campfire Tales #1: Battle for the City

So, you want to hear a story? Are you certain of that? Because I've got more than a few, and they're a bit above your level of sensibilities. No? You think you can handle it? Fine. Let's see what you've got, kid.

If you weren't already aware, my name is Aerin. Aerin the Aegislash. And you've never seen war like I have.

It was thirty years ago that the City fell. You know this, of course. But what your smarmy little teachers and history books can't tell you is the utter rot that swept the day, the devastation that the Battle caused. Not just in property destruction or lives lost, but in the way it corrupted. Why did it ever happen? People will give you lots of reasons, kid, but the truth is that there wasn't a damned one. It was all lies, deceit, and behind it all was greed, pure and simple.

But those pricks at the top know how to spin that greed, get the brashness of the masses all riled up and send them against one another, like some fucking winner takes all sport.

I was part of the Guardian Corps. Ser Borruk the Bastiodon led us. He was one of the best, and he was in charge of the City's defenses. We were the ones tasked with holding its walls and ensuring the safety of its citizens. Boy, did that fail miserably.

When Cormia the Celesteela came, we were pathetically under prepared. We had never had to deal with an Ultra Beast before, and we underestimated her strength. She burst through our front lines with ease, and, even with all the might of my shield, our Sentinels could hold her for but a moment. I remember the feeling of her claws as they smashed into me, driving me to the dirt in just two blows. Never before in my life had I fallen to any foe so quickly. If it hadn't been so terrifying, it would have been quite humbling. Her power was to be respected. Respected and feared.

Then Drax came. If Cormia had been difficult to keep at bay, imagine doing so with a damn Darkrai knocking out battalions left and right with his sinister Dark Void. The nightmares he induced were crippling. You could hear the screams echoing throughout the city, all through the battle. Those that survived still bear those scars. Those are not wounds that can be healed, not in the way we soldiers know how.

Eranea the Empoleon, the Guardian Corps' Strike Commander, came at Drax with everything. Borruk had already fallen to Drax and Cormia, and though he fought valiantly, keeping them back longer than anyone else had managed, he was still no match for them. When his line had fallen, Eranea gathered her Steelwatch agents and took the fight to Drax and Cormia directly.

Damn, were they good. For a moment, I thought they might have had it. Celesteela had been incapacitated, one of her arms completely obliterated, and Drax was cornered and on his last gasp. Ferona, a member of the Ghost Division, had Drax right in her cold grasp. That Froslass was a terror, let me tell ya. She was ready to drive an ice spear right through Drax's black heart.

At that point, I had managed to regroup with them. I wanted to see Cormia fall after how easily she'd defeated me. I needed redemption. Gantin, one of the bravest warriors I ever knew, had come to my aid. That Gallade was unparalleled in hand-to-hand combat. We arrived just as Ferona was about to slay Drax. Just in time to see her slashed in two by Horgaid, the Haxorus leading the enemy assault squadron. In an instant he had slew her and the entire Steelwatch aiding her. Even Eranea fell, completely caught off guard by his attack.

Then Horgaid was joined by Ifrit the Incineroar, Jex the Jolteon and Klybor the Kartana. Those four ran straight for the gates, where Lemorn the Luxray stood vigilant. He managed to relay the danger to the rest of the troops, before the eyes he was so prized for were gouged out. It made no difference. His warning could never have saved us.

Morvath the Malamar and Nertyne the Necrozma used the opening made by Horgaid to storm the City. Morvath had managed to get his clutches into some of our best soldiers, and was forcing them to lead the charge. Orn the Oricorio, Pramen the Pyroar, Qwastor the Quilava, Raemina the Roserade, and Syrat the Sceptile . . . all noble warriors I had once fought beside, all lost to Morvath's mind control.

They cut a bloody swath through the city. Hundreds of civilians slaughtered. Tapu Koko attempted to evacuate as many as he could while his sisters and brother held the main fairway for as long as possible, but he barely managed to save a quarter of those in the district.

Gantin and I joined the Tapu in their fight. We couldn't let this massacre continue, even if we were powerless against the enemy. He took up my blade—a dangerous thing for any soul to do—and raised my shield. We worked as one, him using his superior combat skills to cut down the enemy with my blade and fend them off with my shield, with me supplying him the power, at the cost of fragments of his own soul. It was astounding! But all the more tragic for it. We slew our comrades that had fallen under Morvath's control, unable to reach Morvath himself. Horgaid's squad rammed into us, Jex and Ifrit falling to Gantin's skill. Klybor proved a valiant foe, matching Gantin's swordsmanship blow for blow, but our combined power managed to shatter one of his blades, giving us an opening to strike. He fell, finally.

Horgaid himself was a brute. He used his twin tusks to slice at us relentlessly—just look at the scars on my shield for proof—but his brutishness proved to be his weakness. He was a cold, calculated monster, but his bloodlust outgrew his shrewd tactics and left him sprawling against Gantin's superior mind. It was so satisfying as my blade cut through Horgaid's tusks, castrating the dragon in the midst of battle. He perished covered in his own shame.

After that, the City's scholar came to our aid. What, does that title "scholar" make you think he was any less of a warrior? Perhaps you should rethink your assumptions. Ulvr the Uxie was one of the greatest minds I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with, and fighting alongside. He never needed to touch his opponents: he razed them all with just his thoughts. He sought out Morvath and broke his mental corruption, freeing the few surviving allies we had under his control. Then he confronted the weakened Drax and Cormia, both great warriors, but of shallower mind. They too fell to Ulvr's mental might.

Next he challenged Nertyne. The beast was a potent one. Ulvr almost fell that day . . . but the Royal Guard came to assist us just in time. Wynn the Weavile, Xiell the Xatu, Ysell the Yanmega and Zimora the Zoroark all came crashing in with Viriel the Victini empowering them. They saved Ulvr, and Viriel shared his energy with us.

What a rush that was. They associate Victini with victory for a reason. The energy he gave us was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. My blade burned, but it did not cause me pain, nor did it scorch Gintan. His spirit blossomed with the boon, and I could feel his extra energy channeling into me as well. I gave it back to him, and he returned it to me, and this cycle continued in an endless circle until our combined might was enough to raise us to Nertyne's level. With the Royal Guard keeping him at bay, we ended his sinful life with one, overwhelming strike that ripped through him like butter.

That marked the end of the fight. The destruction it had caused could not be repaired . . . and I'm not sure if the world will ever recover from it. The City is gone, and the sons of bitches that incited the conflict are still out there, somewhere. But when they show their faces again, you can be damn sure that I'll be there for one last battle. I will make sure they pay for the havoc and loss they caused.

Until then, I wait with you kids. Maybe one day you'll find the strength to take this battle to them. But goodness help you if you do.

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • I don't know what you're asking here. Alex said Gunner jumped immediately onto Bard and tried to start a bandwagon and I agree that that might be the case. He was an easy target, any mafia scum would be tempted.

Superjolt, I understand playing the devil's advocate for the town's sake, but a lynch must happen, that's why people share their suspicions. Instead of trying to debunk every theory, why don't you offer an alternative too?
    You can share your suspicions, but that doesn't mean I'll agree with everything. I also don't trust Alex much here.

My alternative is Morian. I think he's full of bs. He also sounds like he's trying to paint Gunner as scummy by using Alex's reasoning as a shield or something.

[Vote] HyperMorian

I could also vote Nani, maybe Radiating too?

Give me a case on Gunner that is more than her being scummy for firing up the Bardwagon and I'll reconsider.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• LNjvp.png

Level 10 (Night)

As another night fell on Novelty Pokemon Island, a number of Pokemon regaled Mew with stories about Pokemon old and new, about various adventures of a combative, alcoholic or litigious nature. Mew was a receptive listener, although only one story provided that perfect mixture of coherent plot, sensible structure, and actually listing at least one Pokemon for every letter of the alphabet.

Meanwhile, the after-effects of the murder of Ditto had had far-reaching consequences for the rest of the group. When deciding who among them was truly evil in the waning light of day, with certain Pokemon having their voices muffled, and others amplified due to external forces, the final vote had an unfortunate victim. Evidently, fish was not on the menu for the island critters, as they grabbed the splashing orange flounder, and threw her into the nearest volcano.​

mew_nani has won this event.

Salzorrah has died. She was Magikarp.

Spoiler:

Night will end in just under 22 hours time, at 10:00pm BST on Sunday 23 April. Please ensure that you get any night actions in to me before the deadline.
    Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The PokeDex

Mr Cat Dog as Professor Oak​

Johnny as ???
    Abby as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    Aaron as Porygon
    Fletch as ???
    Radiating as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Salzorrah as Magikarp
    HyperMorian as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Alternative as ???
    Nero as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    symire as ???
    Bidoof FTW as Ditto
    mew_nani as ???
    Who's Kiyo? as ???

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• LNjvp.png

Level 15 (Day - Polleny Weather)

The second evening resulted in the first two Pokemon evolutions on the island. With great power came great responsibility, of course... but these Pokemon weren't Spider-Man, and Professor Oak sure as hell ain't Uncle Ben.

Meanwhile, bolstered by the death of two highly visible critters (and an unfortunately steamed flounder), the Starter Pokemon had their sights set on their next target. Thinking it to be an easy victory, they were caught off guard when Unown belatedly unlocked its Hidden Power, ensuring that one Pokemon would definitely awaken the next day.

As morning rose, however, Bulbasaur made its mark on one unsuspecting Pokemon, before joining its other brethren for a three-way evolution.

Novelty Pokemon Island just became that little bit more exciting.​

No one died.
    An Eevee has evolved into Vaporeon.
    Bulbasaur has evolved into Ivysaur.
    Charmander has evolved into Charmeleon.
    Squirtle has evolved into Wartortle.
    Pikachu has evolved into Raichu.

Day will end in 48 hours time, at 10:00pm BST on Tuesday 25 April. Please ensure that you get your lynch votes in before the deadline. jdthebud, Nakuzami, symire and Uzumaki Naruto must vote today, or risk being removed from the game.

There will also be another event this phase; details to follow. Don't worry, no writing this time!

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The PokeDex

Mr Cat Dog as Professor Oak​

Johnny as ???
    Abby as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    Aaron as Porygon
    Fletch as ???
    Radiating as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Salzorrah as Magikarp
    HyperMorian as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Alternative as ???
    Nero as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    symire as ???
    Bidoof FTW as Ditto
    mew_nani as ???
    Who's Kiyo? as ???

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Good job unown!

First things First, I'd like to establish who's poisoned? (I assume bulbasaur's poisoner). Any objections?

Back