• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

November Pixel Art Conest 2009.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, I know, we're already a week odd into November. Sorry about that. Either way, 22 days is still adequate time for contest, and might even add a bit more of an edge to it. :D

Since we've had such a long hiatus on contests this one won't be too pressing, it should be fun.

Basically it's a "design your own pokemon" contest, here's your restrictions.

Theme
    : The seasons - be creative though, don't just make a fire pokemon that slightly resembles the sun and say its for summer etc

Size limit
    : 64x64

Style: Fundamentally FR/LG, but feel free to break the mold a little, just make sure you maintain the upper left light source and the angled stances.

Colour limit: 16 colours (17 inc transparency)

Deadline: December 1st

Oh and one more thing. It must be scratch work by YOU. This means no fusions, edits of others scratch work etc.

You're being judged not just on the quality of the sprite, but also the design, originality and application of the limits.

So without further ado, get to it guys! :)

This thread is for entires. Save discussion for the VMs/PMs/The Pixel art section's Pixel Art showcase & Discussion thread.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Maybe you should make mention of this on the Pixel Art board. I don't know about anyone else, but I rarely come here. Anyway, here's my entry.

temp-18.png

In celebration of autumn, a little weasel guy with a small white pumpkin at the end of its tail! The bar's been set low people, come and claim your glory!

Last edited:

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
  • it's my first time to do fakemon.. but here's my magnum opus!
    Snowfairy8o.png

Crystice
    the Snow Fairy Pokemon

Dex Entry:
    Crystices can survive in mostly snowy areas near sub-zero temperature
    It is said that it snows when a fleet of Crystice flies up in the sky

used 14 colors, mainly Articuno's and Squirtle's shell
    also used those 2 Poke's shiny colors on it's shiny form

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aight here's my contest entry

Mizakura

The Cherry Blossom of the Sea
    Legendary of Spring

*can only be female* [oh and no breeding groups ;) ]

24pglc6.png

Grass/Water

14 colours including transparency. As the name suggests, those things that are breaking off and flying from her hair are cherry blossoms.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Possestmas2502477982-iaza.gif

Season: Winter
    Based On: Santa went on a diet that went wrong and his hat took over but he's still there, with a cute little :3 expression.
    Comments: I used Parasect for the red, pink and white and Growlithe for the yellowy/skin-tone colour. :P The rest is scratch.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • sylbt1.gif

Name: Snowan
    Season: Winter
    Type: Ice / Rock
    Description:
    The Snowman Pokemon
    Made entirely of rock and snow, It thrives in only cold weather and cant go out in hot area's.

Good luck to the other contestants~

Years
  • Sprites:

Normal Shiny
    2exogfo.png

(It's palette has 12 colours all together,13 if including transparency.)

Menu Sprite:
    t7hd8z.gif

HG/SS Partner Sprite:
    2m2suw5.png

English Name: Torshou
    Japanese Name: 雨鳥小 (Small Rain Bird)
    Types:
    m7qd7n.jpg

Description:
    It's thick,warm fur can make it survive up to -500 degrees. It's snowshoe-like feet make an excellent
    durability in a snow terrain and with it's incredible weight,it has very high speed.
    Species: Cold Bird Pokemon.
    Height: 1'1"
    Weight: 3.3 lbs
    Color:
    34e3n0p.png

Gender Ratio: 50% Male. 50% Female.
    Egg Groups: Flying
    Owner's Comments:
    Palettes I used is a Nidoran(And Shiny Nidoran),Seel and Voltorb. Note that all of the Pokemon
    I used was from the FR/LG Games.

Good Luck Everyone. :3
    (Too bad these contests are monthly)

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Not a bad turn out at all. The entry stage is now done, I should have the results posted by friday.

Back