• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Now, maybe it's just me, but has anyone else noticed...

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
    Years
    that they made the new pokemon line up a lot more powerful? And in doing so, it feels like their move sets are less strategy based and leaning more toward pure power/strength?

I could be wrong, but this is just what I feel.

Years
    In my opinion, Unova has the same amount of powerful/not so powerful pokemon as any other region. Nintendo just put the stronger ones in different places. In this game, the strong pokemon seem to be scattered equally throughout the game so the illusion is given that they are almost all strong. And you may be right on the move sets. They seem to be much more attack based (specifically attack rather than special attack) then any other region. At least that's what I think. XD

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
    Years
    In my opinion, Unova has the same amount of powerful/not so powerful pokemon as any other region. Nintendo just put the stronger ones in different places. In this game, the strong pokemon seem to be scattered equally throughout the game so the illusion is given that they are almost all strong. And you may be right on the move sets. They seem to be much more attack based (specifically attack rather than special attack) then any other region. At least that's what I think. XD
    Makes sense. I haven't noticed how spread out they are though hahah. Good point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't find any pokemon hard to make a move set for. It's been the same for 15 years. I find no difference.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Some of the stats are strange, like making the Snivy line walls. Something weird for a snake to do, haha. But I think there are still strategies in involved. Just look at Ferrothorn and Whimsicott. :)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    It is interesting to see the variety of useful Pokemon. Earlier generations had a good number, but I do actually think that this generation is really something else. We have the likes of Haxorus, Druddigon and Sazandora Hydreigon lying around in the Dragon-type field, while powerhouses like Eelektross and Krookodile don't seem to be too hard to come by.

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    god mode:

I feel like its tempting to believe how you do.. but lets face it. the game is just sooo new that we dont have places like smogon university delinieating advanced strategies and breaking down the pokemon into respective tiers... be patient i believe the strategy will unfold as the game ages... the makers of the game dont want to take a step backward in the cerebral aspect of the game im sure

Back