• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Now that you've played B/W...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I still love HG/SS.

I, though I seem to be part of a minority, actually like the old, non-moving, pokémon sprites better than the moving sprites in B/W.

Plus some of the attack animations, because either sped up or cut short, look silly in B/W, imo.

Exactly my thoughts.

-totodile42

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I use my SS to breed gen IV's and prior and ev them there. It's just easier although I have the power items on B/W too, I am slowly switching. But If I want to do a quick breed of a pokemon in gen IV i'll do it in SoulSilver. I went on my Platinum the other day and it's just so uhhh :/

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I don't really have the motivation to get the Kanto badges in SoulSilver now, don't really know why. Though maybe once I get myself to pick it up and start then I'll be hooked again. It's still a great game.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • B/W truthfully..Sucked. Like I mean, overall, it was my third favorite game, behind HG/SS in first, and R/S/E in second, but the storyline was suckish, was way too easy to beat, the end game there was practically nothing unless you fancy musicals or competitive (Which I dont) or that failure as a replacement of the Battle Frontier. It took me two days playing off and on not even trying to beat White my first playthrough, and about 18-20 hours for my second. The endgame seriously sucked though, nothing at all like HG/SS, where you get to go to Kanto and beat up Red. Plus you get those naiiiiise starters...in B/W all you get is a few more legendaries, which most arent even sub-par, and some over leveled trainers whom, after you catch Kyurem or Volcarona, are a piece of cake.. Of course, you can breed Pokemon, but I only do that after ive beaten the game a few times and come to a conclusion on my final team that I want to work on, then I get the basic stages by breeding and picking my own movesets.. Anyway, in my eyes, HG/SS just had much more to offer, I mean there was even hints of romance!~(You all remember the pseudo rival Lyra right? Once you meet her grandparents the deal is done <3). All B/W has is some random king of a team whom fangirls slaver over *jealousy* and a cute clumsy rival >_<.

Years
  • I played Pokémon White and had some decent fun. I played the game with only two 5th gen Pokémon: Emboar and Swoobat, the rest of my team was traded from other generations. Most of the new Pokémon just suck, I think that's really pity. Also the over world is very gray, I really liked the over world in HG/SS, because it is so colorful. I hope they will change the colors in the over world in Gray and really make it a better game to play, because I think these are the worst Pokémon games in the main series. The best Pokémon games on the DS are Platinum and HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Years
  • Yah I agree with metal Electric. Over all the battle was fun and new themes to the gyms. So I think I'm gonna stick with hg version. I like that the most. Above all they could've put the pokemarket in the pokemon center with the hg version. Some of the pokemon on the speed sucks.

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Pokemon B/W was way to short and gets boring, of course there is dream world, and thats fun, I still haven't had a chance to do the entralink thing which probably where are the game memory went. I haven't played SS/HG yet. I was waiting for Spirit Crystal which never came out. Silver was the first game I ever played so of course, if Spirit Crystal doesn't cameout with a 5 gem mix like I expect it to, I'll get SS.

Years
  • HeartGold and Soulsilver are far superior to B/W. The follow-me feature is present, as well as exclusive in these games and the graphics are beautiful, yet subtle enough to be over the top. I literally pick up and restart these games whenever I'm feeling bored and can do it over and over again, whereas I can hardly manage to get myself to play my copy of White.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    HG/SS Were both classic games in thier own right, years from now we will look back and think "WOW those games were great" I still love my HG especialy since the original Gold is my favourite retro game, HG/SS were everything the originals were but with so much more to offer.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
  • The length of Soul Silver and Heart Gold make the games superior in my opinion.

So happy that someone else has said this. once I defeated N and then Ghetsis, I was like, "Is that it?" And now, I have almost no desire to go back and find those Seven Sages or whatever (also, can you say LEGEND OF ZELDA? I mean, come on.... XP)

I love HG/SS so it's obvious that I'm going to play it many times again.

Indeed! I am still playing SoulSilver because I love it way more than White. Raising a new team, too. :)

Most of the new Pokémon just suck, I think that's really pity.

Gen II Pokemon are excellent. they fit in as more natural continuations to Gen I than any of the other Generations.

Not that I disliked White, I liked it a lot, but it didn't measure up to the classical HGSS. I did not like the music AT ALL in White because it seemed so bland. The battle music especially was lacking; I didn't get the same gung-ho feel as I did when playing the older games.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Played Soul Silver, went to Platinum, then went back and forth for a bit, got Black in Japanese and White in English

it's POKEMON

what more do you want? I still play my Red version because I love it to death

Years
  • Like I said before in the B/W threads, I get quite bored of playing Pokemon Black. But I spend so much time playng Heartgold as its my favourite generation of pokemon after Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I played Black before playing Heartgold, and IMO HG is a better game. Sure, the TMs could only be used once, but it has 16 gyms, and it has Mewtwo, my favorite legendary.

However I will give BW some merit, as I cried when I saw the graphics for the first time. Can you imagine how great it must have been after not playing pokemon in years?

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I've played White and now I think that SoulSilver is better so I went back to it -_-.
    But a few days later I restarted my White and started playing it instead xD who knows, maybe I just need to get used to it and the new ugly pokemon.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
  • I just couldn't get attached to the Pokemon in B/W like I could in SS. Generation II Pokemon are still great.

Years
  • I still prefer my SS over my White, I love having my pokemon follow me, I also liked the look of SS better then BW.

Though sadly, I seem to have misplaced my SS cartridge at the moment. )':

~Unknown

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • B/W, despite the popularity, has been my least favourite generation so far. I love HG/SS, they're still my favourite games in the series and I return to them all the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back