• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NPC walking in grass makes grass rustling appear for the player as well

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
    Years
    I have a trainer walking within the grass, and it triggers the grass rustle animation for not just him, but the player as well. So, I could be on normal ground, while the trainer is in the grass, but it triggers the rustle effect on both of us. But not vice versa?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Since you haven't told us what you've done to your game, all I can say is that this doesn't happen in Essentials.

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
    Years
    To be honest, I have no idea why this would be happening. I have a custom tileset, with the correct terrain tags and what not, but it's still happening. I even tested this same thing with the default tile set "Outside", Gen 1 on a different map, but the same things is happening. So I guess that means it's clearly something I did, but I only added scripts, graphics and tile sets to my game. So what could possibly be the problem?

Back