• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nubers without ubers are just noobs.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I have a good team except against most fire types or mewtwo

I got: weavile, sceptile, lucario, froslass, luxray, typhlosion

focusblast/most fire attacks will take out my team easily =/

so I got weavile surf, sceptile eartquake (takes out its team partner though =/), lucario nothing, froslass water pulse

(anyone know how to get weavile ice punch? it level 100 EV trained I don't wanna train it again =[ )
    IIRC..

Breed a male Hitmonchan that knows Ice Punch with a female Buneary/Lopunny. Then the Buneary eggs will have Ice Punch. Then breed a male Buneary with a female Sneasel.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Get rid of Weavile's Surf and Sceptile's Earthquake. Weavile is a physical sweeper and Sceptile is a special sweeper. Those moves won't do any decent damage.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    weavile's surf never does anything

what should I replace surf and earthquake with (I was trying to counter fire types)

also I think i'm just going to completely retrain the team for better IV's and give them to my little brother...

EDIT: EV's

Ichida

Years
    Weavile: Ice Punch, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Brick Break

Sceptile: Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Synthesis.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    ok because currently their moves stink

sceptile: leaf blade, leaf storm, detect (-_-), and earthquake

weavile: ice beam (-_-), surf (-_-), night slash (got this one), giga impact (runnin out of tm's here)

also heres stats:

sceptile
    295 hp
    198 def
    230 sp. atk
    184 sp. def
    283 speed

weavile
    hp. 266
    attack 297 (EV trained)
    def 183
    sp. attack 117 -_-
    sp. def 211
    speed 303 (EV trained)

both at level 100 should I just scrap them and start over?

weavile can't get ice punch btw

Ichida

Years
    Neither of them look like they were EV trained. Re-breed and try it again.

Ichida

Years
    You have to, since the cap for all EVs is 510 but each stat can only max out at 255 EVs, so for full effect you need to train at least two stats.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    I don't understand, do you mean a stat can reach 510, but killing pokemon to get the 1,2,3,4 count where 4 equals 1, you can only get 255 of those?

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    I don't really count. I just battle the right Pokemon over and over until I get the effort ribbon. I don't feel like counting.

Ichida

Years
    *sigh* Did I not say to read it, carefully? I swear, people arne't even trying...

510 is the max EVs any Pokemon can attain in total, 255 is how many EVs any one particular stat can have before it stops counting. Most people max out the EVs for two stats. 255 x2 = 510, etc etc.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    I get the 510 and 255 thing, but I'm just saying, I don't waste time counting. I just battle the right Pokemon until I can get the Effort ribbon.

Ichida

Years
    Then you'll never get it, since EVs for one stat stop at the halfway point to the Effort Ribbon.

Back