• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nubers without ubers are just noobs.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Why not let the n00bs use ubers against you? Beat the lazy kids, make them cry even more...

Reminds me of the battle when a Giratina used Slash on my Gengar, and when a Darkrai (go figure.. :\) used Quick Attack on my Rhyperior XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Why not let the n00bs use ubers against you? Beat the lazy kids, make them cry even more...

Reminds me of the battle when a Giratina used Slash on my Gengar, and when a Darkrai (go figure.. :\) used Quick Attack on my Rhyperior XD
    They are called ubers for a reason. They're (some at least) are hard/annoying to beat, even with a good non-uber team. It makes me so mad when I find a team full of ubers. If I get Spacial Rend'd again I will pull my hair out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2007
    the last questions awnser :

Togitic can learn a move called follow me,which makes opponent pokemon in battle attack the only the user user,therefore my fire pokemon won't be hit by water type moves,don't tell ME that I don't know what I'm talking about. The test was meant to be stupid because nubers are stupid and you shouldn't have a problem with it unless you are a nuber. It was a joke. It was supposed to be stupid.

The test was meant to make uber users look like retards.

The point that I was trying to make was uber reliers are stupid.
    Not to mention ,I was basing it of my experiences,Ive used nothing but fire type starters for every pokemon game and I don't seem to have a problem with the rock type gyms.

Also I did have an account that had a much higher post count but it must have been deleted because it was inactive for a year or so.

Ps. Don't mock my post count or knowledge if you can't even get my name right: jake 7 WTF?

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Last Night I fought a Japanese dude who's name was;

Myuutsu- (Mewtwo) In Katakana

He had 2 Mewtwo's, 2 Kyogre's, 1 Rayquaza and 1 Palkia.

I got the crap beat out of because he used both mewtwo's out.

Also my whole team is Ev trained.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    You guys know what? People use ubers for a reason.

Not everyone has the patience to EV train or buy TM's and crap.

Not everyone feels like ogling at stats and natures.

Some people want to play the game.

Not everyone bought the game to do a lot of complicated math and stuff.

So stop saying whoever uses ubers are n00bs.

They're as much of pokemon players as any of you.

^This post wins the thread.

If you people hate ubers so much, then why don't you go over to GameFreak and tell them to wipe every single legendary out of existance?
    They're not the same thing.

I for one EV train my Pokemon, AND I have lots of legends in my party.

Last edited:

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Because legendaries are trophies to make weak kids think they've got skills. Their only real practical use is exploding the Elite Four so you can start Pal Parking.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I can't agree commpletley with that statement made by Ichida. I'm not wasting my time finding an uber just so it could sit in my box. However, we can both agree that if you need an uber to make a team, thats pretty damn sad. Ubers belong on UBER teams. Not standard teams. Only a rookie needs to rely on ubers, just like rookies rely on OHKO moves. A kid is proud that his Kyorge KOed my Gyarados with Sheer Cold? Absolutely pathetic.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    People who engage in uber battles are like alcoholics who drink together. They think that just because they both do it, it's publicly acceptable, even though the smart people know they're just deluding themselves. It's like a fight in Dragon Ball. It's explosive, doesn't require effort to weave together, and it pisses nearby people off.

sims796

Years
    People who engage in uber battles are like alcoholics who drink together. They think that just because they both do it, it's publicly acceptable, even though the smart people know they're just deluding themselves. It's like a fight in Dragon Ball. It's explosive, doesn't require effort to weave together, and it pisses nearby people off.

That was hilarious, and wins the award for best quick, off-the-top response for the month. If they wanna have an uber battle, let them. I could care less. I don't partake. Ubers, well, I don't bother with. But we can both agree that if you need one to make a sucsessful team, you should put down your poke balls.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I agree with Eternal Smasher and Yoshimitsu. I myself am a competitive battler and wouldn't even think about using Ubers outside their own metagame. Let's not forget that most Pokémon players aren't competitive battlers and thus don't know about tiers or EVs, Natures and IVs for that matter. As long as you don't run into a team of EV trained Ubers a good EV trained team should be able to take care of them. Un-EV trained Ubers are a piece of cake for any good player so I don't see why it's such a big deal if some random clueless people use Ubers; at least they'll be able to put up some kind of a fight that way. And no, I don't own PBR (it isn't even out in Europe and I don't have a Wii to begin with) myself, but I've seen enough videos to know that most of these n00bs have absolutely no idea what they're doing.
    Because legendaries are trophies to make weak kids think they've got skills. Their only real practical use is exploding the Elite Four so you can start Pal Parking.
    Legendaries =/= Ubers. Normal legendaries (such as Entei, Articuno, Zapdos, Mesprit etc.) require as much skill as any normal Pokémon and Uber battles are a hell of a lot of fun as long as you stick to their own metagame.

Pokémaster7293

Do it To it
    Years
    Well, for one thing in this topic people were talking about, you know when your stat is maxed out, when one of those vitamins won't work, and you haven't already used 10 of 'em. That's what I do. I save before hand. If it works, I reset.

As for the other thing, I really didn't EV train until recently (EVing for Speed now, Hasty Pichu), and I stopped using Ubers a good time ago.

I don't have PBR, or even a Wii myself, but hey, when that time comes, I won't need ubers, because I've got my OWN skill.

Yes, Yes, I know, 99% of this post is just repeating info... but hey, it's my two cents.

sims796

Years
    To me, uber battles, OU/UU battles, are like regular, outside fights. Think of it like this:

UU:Knives
    OU:Guns
    Uber:Tanks

A OU fight is like a gun fight. Fierce & Fun. UU vs OU are like knives vs gun. Seemingly one-sided, but do-able, with skill. But no matter how much skill you have, a well trained OU/UU ain't beating a well trained uber, like Guns/Knives vs Tanks. Exect for noob ubers, which are always fun to watch lose.

Uber battles are fun, but ubers are so strong, they have no place outside of their own meta-game. Like Smarties-kun said.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    Ubers cant touch me

No matter how much EVs and nature compatibility a trainer has Kygore can't beat my Miltoc in a beauty contest.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    To me, uber battles, OU/UU battles, are like regular, outside fights. Think of it like this:

UU:Knives
    OU:Guns
    Uber:Tanks

A OU fight is like a gun fight. Fierce & Fun. UU vs OU are like knives vs gun. Seemingly one-sided, but do-able, with skill. But no matter how much skill you have, a well trained OU/UU ain't beating a well trained uber, like Guns/Knives vs Tanks. Exect for noob ubers, which are always fun to watch lose.

Uber battles are fun, but ubers are so strong, they have no place outside of their own meta-game. Like Smarties-kun said.
    Well, I disagree strongly. Yes, noob ubers are easy and regular ubers are a pain but I've taken down ubers with OUs before. Heh. My team is quite a balanced one. It's got 4 OU and 2 Ubers to keep from getting my rump kicked by nubers lol

Luminous_Reaver

Never good enough
    Years

They're just lazier players who deserve less respect.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years

Finally, someone says it.

IMO, the attitude I am seeing utterly sickens me, why should people play the game how others like.

Its their game, they can use what they want, and if they enjoy using them I am in no position to insult them for it, insulting them for that that is very childish and retarded at the same time.

Last edited:
    Back