• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Obsessive callers?

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
  • My mother. Everyone else I ignore, but the woman theoretically gave birth to me, right? An I have to go through the same thing every time.... Hey, mom. do me a favor. Stop buying things for me I don't use. kthxbi

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • whenever i leave wifi from a trade/battle professor oak always seems to call me. it gets really annoying. and if its not him its someone else it never fails.
    i dont really get many calls from my characters mom maybe she got the hint when i stopped picking up the stuff she bought

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    "I bought something with your money, sorry!"
    "Mom, what did you buy?"
    "Pomeg berries!"
    "Anything else?"
    "......Vodka"

My "Mom". I think she needs a job.

Years
  • Joey,irwin,and anothy always call me i mean rlly are they freakin gay or sumthin call someone else they tell me the same thing everytime i answer >_> someone always calls me after i rebattle and beat a gym leader soo annoying

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • Hah. After leaving wifi Hiker Anthony ALWAYS calls talking about how Hoppips are easily taken care of.. or how his Machop was eating berries.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • Anthony the hiker is the worst, he always calls and tells me why he loves mountains and I really could care less.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Calls could be very annoying~ Especially mom's calls~ Why couldn't she stop delivering berries~~? But sometimes, you could get Nuggets from Ralph~ And also rare candies from another person~ That's why I pick up every calls~

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • The Ace Trainers you meet on Route 26 and 27. Every time they call, it's about how they made some sort of mistake or how they're oh-so-awesome and they keep calling me several times within the span of an hour.

The calls I wish I would get more often are the ones from... Alfred? The Gentleman who takes his hat off to greet Pokemon only to have them run away from him. It's always funny to listen to him talk about that.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • The most annoying/obsessive caller has to be Anthony the hiker, he calls about the most unimportant things. I tend to ignore the phone calls now, since most arent even that important, I only answer when its about rematches.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Joey just calls non-stop and apparently we all know that but, other than him,mom,and Irwin, I definitely get annoyed the most by either sailor Huey or picnicker Liz. Huey usually wants to battle when he calls but he just calls waay too much and Liz constantly dials the wrong number thinking she's talking to Tania which gets old after the first time. I mean, how many times could you possibly dial the wrong number asking for the same person? I just wish I could get more calls from people who don't fail at life like Reena and Gaven(my two favorite trainers).

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    I agree Anthony is really annoying. The idea of rematches was very good but this? I don't know. I started to delet the annoying callers.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • Joey's calls went from not annoying to REALLY annoying to hilarious after the whole top percentage of Rattata practically became a meme, so now that one does make me laugh. I ignore calls from Mom. I wish I could remember which NPCs give items, though, so I could ignore the ones that don't.

Weirdly, I seem to remember getting all kinds of items back in the original version of this game, but the NPCs in this one never seem to have anything for me. Maybe I should just ignore everyone.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Mom seriously pisses me off lately. >_> Also, WHERE THE HECK does she get those berries from?
    When i go to Pokeathlon or Safari Zone, she ALWAYS rings.
    At least I didn't register Joey. I thought to register him, but after all of the bad things i heard about him I denied.
    Anthony is really annoying, too. "I beat the RATTATA on the other day, but I was deconcentrated by the passing beauty". >_<
    EDIT: Oh, Mom just ringed. XD

Aquamentis

Touhoumon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Mom calls me a lot. I don't pick up her call anymore, so I wonder if she'll ever get the hint.
    I also get a frequent number of calls from fishermen as of late, and one of them tells me I should call my mom more.

MasterTobias

Pokémon Map Hacker/Pro 'Baller
    Years
  • Dear Mom,
    I would really like it if you would stop calling me every five minutes. I'm quite a busy boy now, and you calling to tell me the same thing every time is pretty annoying. Can you please stop?
    Love you,
    Your son

When I'm playing through the game, my mom is always calling me. I used to answer her in hope that she'd just stop. Picking up all the items she bought for me, and all just hoping she'd lessen up on the calls. But nope, she still calls me while playing almost every five minutes or so. >_>; Do you have your mom calling you so many times within the hour or day while playing or perhaps another NPC that just obsesses over calling you?

...and do you usually ignore it after a time, or still have that urge to answer them even though you know what they're going to say?

Lol, this is kinda a sick thing to say I think, but you don't actually have to answer the phone.
    The item that your mom gets you will be in the mart whether or not you answer, lol.
    And for some reason, Irwin (the one trainer that you get the number of but you can NEVER re-battle) is CONSTANTLY calling me. A little creeper...

I found Youngster Joey annoying because he keeps saying his Rattata is better than other Rattata. I mean, it's just a Rattata. I also don't like Juggler Irwin because after you've done the important things in the game, he'll say the same line of hearing about the player's escapades over and over again. Yes, he's rebattleable, but you have to call him at a certain time for the battle.
    You can't rebattle irwin. this has been admitted by Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, etc. etc.

Don't you find that it's kinda weird that he practically idolizes you for everything that you do? Like when you defeated Team Rocket or walked out of the Dragon's Den and whatnot? And one time I called him and he said that he was about to call me then *click*...weird, huh?

The other thing I noticed is that he always says, "I saw you do this, I saw you do that." Does that mean that he's stalking you? Think, the next time you walk down a dark ally with that Happiny next to you...

Last edited:
    Years
  • i just ignore whoever is calling and turn the volume down so i cant hear it ringing XD i dont really care what anyone says to me haha

evydude456

Pokemon Addict
    Years
  • Yeah, this is how my day usually goes when I'm trying to train a Pokemon or something...
    -pokemon battle.
    -phone call from mom. "Hi, I bought something with your money. Sorry! Bye."
    -Another battle.
    -phone call. "MY RATATTA IS SO STRONG! EVEN THOUGH I'M ONLY ON THE SECOND ROUTE IN THE GAME AND WHEN YOU BATTLE ME IT'LL BE LEVEL 18 BUT YA!!!!!!"
    -Battle. Level up! :D
    -Battle.
    -phone call. "Hi, it's some random person you've probably forgotten about by now, but I'm on the other side of the world from you and you don't have fly yet and I really wanna battle you. Bye."
    -Battle.
    -phone call. "Hey!!!! Its Picknicker Liz! What's up? Bye!"
    I remember her name only cuz she calls me 20 times a day, phone-obsessed freak...she's the one that's talking on the phone when you talk to her on the route south of Violet city.
    -phone call. "Yo. It's some creepy bug catcher dude. I almost caught a Venonat. But I didn't. I was sad. Bye."
    -battle.
    -phone call. "RAWR! MY RATTATA IS SO STRONG AND I CALLED YOU 2 MINUTES AGO BUT MY RATTATA IS FLEXING HIS NONEXISTENT MUSCLES OH MY GOD HE'S AMAZING WHAAAAAAAA I THINK I'M ATTRACTED TO POKEMON NOW! BYE!!!"
    If i could, I would snap the phone in 2.

Back