• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obtained the TM45!

Domino™

free beer
    Years
    I love using TM's. Tbh, most Pokemon only learn good moves with them. Level up moves only are kinda rubbish at times. lol ): It's a pain when all the good Tm's are required through ways like the game corner, too hard.

Years
    I adore TMs... though I do not adore getting extras (pre-B/W) when I need to, lol. I almost never rely on level up-only moves unless that Pokemon can't really learn any TMs I'd consider useful.

soranium21

Eternally Hungry
    Years
    The latest I've played was 4th gen, so of course I'm averse to using TMs because I'm such a completist. That said, I love TMs, but I'd rather keep them instead of using them because they're such a pain in the ass to find and it feels like such a waste to actually use them, except maybe the ones you can buy in malls.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Arggh I love TMs so much! Sorry that was a little overboard.
    TMs are pretty great.

I don't really know how I feel about the whole limited/unlimited TM ordeal, but I do love me some Ice Beam, FlameThrower, and ThunderBolt.
    I'm also a fan of swagger, despite being a double-edged sword in certain situations.

Years
    In every pokemon game I played, I almost always found a use of every TM i could get...
    When I played through 5th gen and saw that u can use TMs over and over and over....again, I was like ":O" (lol)
    My problems in previous gens were that I couldn't decide which TM i prefer to use on a single pokemon (Ex. Ice beam or Blizzard, Accuracy Or Power)
    Now tho We're able to try both of them without be afraid of wasting them...

On the other hand I didn't like HMs much (*cough*probably most of us*cough*)(maybe except surf and fly, lol)
    I always thought (most of) them just "filler" to the storyline, more like that u can make a "use" of pokemon outside of battle..
    I dont if you get what I mean :P

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    IMO I hated leveling Pokemon to have good moves.

My favorite move and TM is definitely Flamethrower, so that is really sweet.

Gamefreak made me mad taking away moves like Dragon and Dark Pulse from the game and putting makeshift moves in their place.

Back