• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Official] Battle Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I don't know if anyone has one yet, but making another one. This will be the official thread for the Battle Frontier in HG/SS. Talk about anything that is related to the Battle Frontier.

Also, I've noticed in the Battle Tower at least one trainer has a legendary if you do a tag battle with a bot.

Last edited by a moderator:

ILoveCally

Finally starting Masuda Method
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    I got to the Tower Tycoon, and Factory Head, four times each, and I always lose...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No offense, but could the OP please use better grammar? Sorry, it's hard to understand.

I find one thing odd....how the trees are suddenly tropical, and the architecture (buildings) represents the Battle Zone, north of Sinnoh. They should've kept Johto trees, and buildings. Probably Olivine-style buildings, seeing as it's next to Olivine

Years
  • does anyone know how to battle a frontier brain at the battle tower? i've done 21 consecetive double battles. do i need to do single battle? please help!!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • No offense, but could the OP please use better grammar? Sorry, it's hard to understand.

I find one thing odd....how the trees are suddenly tropical, and the architecture (buildings) represents the Battle Zone, north of Sinnoh. They should've kept Johto trees, and buildings. Probably Olivine-style buildings, seeing as it's next to Olivine

Yeah agreed with the grammar!,

does anyone know how to battle a frontier brain at the battle tower? i've done 21 consecetive double battles. do i need to do single battle? please help!!

All battle's have to be done single otherwise you cant face any frontier brains

iKokoro

Yada Yada
    Years
  • Compared to D/P, the HG/SS/Pt AI is a lot smarter. Where most of the time you can make it through 21-35 battles with just one pokemon blitzing, the computer seems to know exactly what will screw you over much earlier on than before. I got beat at round 7 by a speedy Sleep Powdering Venomoth with Psychic. Not fun.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Compared to D/P, the HG/SS/Pt AI is a lot smarter. Where most of the time you can make it through 21-35 battles with just one pokemon blitzing, the computer seems to know exactly what will screw you over much earlier on than before. I got beat at round 7 by a speedy Sleep Powdering Venomoth with Psychic. Not fun.
    I have to agree with this. Sweeping Palmer with a single Toxicroak sure was fun, but it's way too easy.

I got a 21 Win streak in the Battle Castle today, which was good, and lost to the Battle Factory head, which was lame. I'm also working on some new Pokemon to take for the Tower so I can get a better tag battle streak. I'm currently on 28.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I wish that there were people actually willing to do Wi-fi tag battles.

Agreed. Especially for the battle tower, I don't like battling with the computer players. It annoys me that it's just the ones from D/P/Pt. But there doesn't seem to be much interest in Wi-fi tag battling on the frontier.

I do enjoy the frontier though, as I never bought Platinum. I like the Battle Factory, 'cause it's interesting battling with pokemon that, normally, I wouldn't use.

Years
  • Agreed. Especially for the battle tower, I don't like battling with the computer players. It annoys me that it's just the ones from D/P/Pt. But there doesn't seem to be much interest in Wi-fi tag battling on the frontier.

I do enjoy the frontier though, as I never bought Platinum. I like the Battle Factory, 'cause it's interesting battling with pokemon that, normally, I wouldn't use.

I guess the problem with wi-fi Battle Frontier is that if one person disconnects from the internet for whatever reason your streak is ruined. I've played over Wifi with a friend several times and it's good fun, decent amount of BP too.

Years

that is so true also i was 1 battle away and a jumpluff beat my pokemon:(

Years
  • Beat Thorton a couple of weeks ago on the first try, thanks to a Kingdra I was lucky enough to pick up from the 17th or 18th battle. Haven't been focusing on the Frontier much though. Trying to fill up the Pokedex a bit more first.
    How many battles does it take to reach the Hall's Brain anyway?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Battle frontier makes me unhappy ;-; all the facility's make me mad!,
    Battle Factory - Don't get me started!, I use it the most though it's fun x3
    Battle Castle - I like this one I've already got Silver, onto Gold : )
    Battle Hall - I think this is the one with the single pokemon and ranks... if so Dx,`Rampardos got owned by an Infernape
    Battle Arcade - Got my pokemon swapped with the Brain!
    Battle Tower - Deathly boring D;

nm legend

Years
  • Beat Thorton a couple of weeks ago on the first try, thanks to a Kingdra I was lucky enough to pick up from the 17th or 18th battle. Haven't been focusing on the Frontier much though. Trying to fill up the Pokedex a bit more first.
    How many battles does it take to reach the Hall's Brain anyway?
    after your 49 battle in the hall you will face the brain.... as for me ive got silver in everything but the hall and castle(i battled the castle brain 3 times alreadly, when i would adjust my team to beat him each of his pokemon saved the day for him once,its like the A.I. knows who to bring out first and last to beat me...I HATE IT!!!!)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I have Silver on all the places except the Hall. I find that to be too easy, and I don't really want to go forth for Gold there unless I have some awesome Pokemon.

And iirc Hall is 50 Battles for Silver, and 170 for Gold.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • Best Battle Tower Teams?

One of the last trainer card-upgrading tasks I have yet to do is win 100 battles at the Battle Tower.
    I admit I haven't spent a huge amount of time there, mostly because I consider it a huge grind...but I have been able to make it to the first match with Palmer...who then trashes me with his Milotic.

I'm considering building a team that leads off with a high-speed attacker to inflict a status condition (poison, sleep, curse) followed by a high def. and sp. def. defender to absorb damage as the stat problem wears the opponent down.

I thought I'd ask all of you what teams you've had good luck with. Any must-have items or moves?

Thanks for any input!

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • you might want to ask this in the help thread.
    i find a lapras with perish song comes in handy though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back