• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official D/P Anime Discussion

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Well, I searched it, and I didnt find anything. So before this forum gets crowded with these kinda threads, I shall make the first one ^_^

Ok, discuss your thoughts of the D/P Anime!
    ::::::::::::::::::::

Well, so far it looks like Hikari and Ash are teaming up. and May is probably going to go to Johto to compete in those contests (Sense Harley and Drew are going thier). and what will become of Brock?

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I really hope Misty returns but the never have 2 female main characters.

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    exactly.

Its really cool. in the new episodes in BF, Ash recieves a letter from Gary. Guess where Gary is? lol, Shino! So its no guess that Pearl will be in the new cast with Ash...and I bet Brock will come along...or atleast I hope ^_^

Years
    I hate to admit it but it will be sad to see May go :( as i was looking forward to having 2 male characters and 2 female characters in the travelling party but since Gary might be returning this might make things interesting dont forget that Ash & Gary have gotten over their rivalry so i guess having all 4 original characters travelling together will be even better

I also hope that Misty comes back so she can put Ash on a dog leash so he cant do anything stupid :cheeky: :laugh:

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Assigned....

As Much As I Hate To Admit It I Doubt They Would Bring Misty Back..As The Chronicles Episodes Clearley Sets Her As Now Being A Gym Leader And Showing Her Gain Responsibility For It...I Doubt She Would Leave It If She Cant Even Leave It To Go On A Date..(A Date With Delcatty Episode)...

I Think May Will Stay As She Is One Of The Most Popular Characters In The Anime (According To The Japanese) And The Anime Usually Sides With The People From Japan....

But Wasnt It Already Confirmed (I Read Somewhere On Wikipedia) That Alot Of People Involved With The Pokemon Anime Where Assigned To Make This New Sereis While A Couple Of Others Where Still Assigned To Make The Original Pokemon Anime...

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Tbone2356 said:
    But Wasnt It Already Confirmed (I Read Somewhere On Wikipedia) That Alot Of People Involved With The Pokemon Anime Where Assigned To Make This New Sereis While A Couple Of Others Where Still Assigned To Make The Original Pokemon Anime...

I thought so too until I cam across this mass thread about it. lol, if they do fuse it together, I bet you ANYTHING that ash will wreck Hikari/Pearl's bike XD

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    If Ash destroys Hikari's bike I'll throw something at the computer monitor I'm watching it on. -_-; Seriously, that took away the reason for Misty following Ash was so special. It made it normal.

This whole thing is all up in the air. I mean, on one hand we have ALL of May's major rivals going to Johto, a region she's never been to, to compete in contests. Then on the other hand we have the fact that there are contests in Shinou as well and the other fact that Ash is (most likely) going there. We also have the strange fact that May has been acting a bit somber lately and unsure of her goals.

The way this D/P anime has been advertised so far has been with no mention of Ash in it... which could just be to reduce spoilers... but who knows? I see one of four things happening:

1. Ash goes to Shinou. May goes to Shinou with him and they both meet up with Hikari. Drew and Harley leave for at least a season.

2. Ash and May go to Shinou. Hikari gets her own series that never meets up with Ash. Again, Drew and Harley leave for at least a season.

3. Ash goes to Shinou and meets up with Hikari. May goes to Johto w/ Drew and Harley.

4. Ash goes to Shinou. May goes to Johto. Hikari gets her own series.

If May DOES go to Johto, then who will she travel with? Herself? Drew? What really confuses me about all of this is Harley. He has this vendetta against May and yet he chooses to go to another region that May might not go to? It makes no sense. =/

Then there's the theme of the episode that just aired, which has Ash wanting to go after his rival in Shinou, whereas May's rivals are going to Johto. Sounds... interesting. I guess we'll just have to see in the next coming weeks about May's decision. If she does leave, then will we get to see her anymore? Will there be a series with her? Will she have special episodes like Misty?

So many unanswered questions...! XD

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I'm pretty sure Ash is going to stay in the party, no ifs, ands, or buts...the main anime is his show...and Kari's show will probably be something like an OVA series or something.

May could possibly leave the party to compete on the Johto contest circuit, but we get something like a Hoso every so often to see how she's doing on that.

While there is some speculation that Brock may leave the party, who else is going to care for the gang? (well, Gary could join the party and fill that role, but who knows?)

This might be a stretch, but the D/P boy (whatever his name is) could appear and join the party somewhere along the line

So my predicted party for Shinou:

Ash
    Kari/Misty
    D/P boy
    Brock/Gary

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    EmeraldSky said:
    While there is some speculation that Brock may leave the party, who else is going to care for the gang? (well, Gary could join the party and fill that role, but who knows?)

*pictures Gary in a pink apron with fangirls swooning behind him* XD

You've a point, but Ash is getting older, I'd say it's high-time he learned to take care of himself. I personally don't care about what happens to Brock, which is sad considering he is a great character when given something constructive to do.

D/P boy could make an appearance... but he hasn't been shown or talked about at all. Who knows though.

If Hikari does join up with Ash, I wonder what role she'll have? It'd be like when May first came on and everyone wondered if she was going to be a trainer like Ash or something else.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    ummm what about Max?(forgive me if something has already happened to him). Oh and BROCK SHOULD GO! I've had it with that guy and his constant flirting with every girl in every episode!! He has just gotten way too annoying for me.

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    I think Brock should go, along with Gary and Hikari. I bet anything Gary would be the researcher that knows a lot, Hikari would prolly be a Coordinator, and Ash will be ash XP

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Gary won't show up as a main cast member, the only reason he even gave up being a trainer was because his VA was leaving and they needed a way to write him out of the series. He'll probably just become a plot line from now on, they sure as hell made use of it with the whole Shinou thing.

Brock...will probably stay, just because the writers don't even know what they want to do with him. He really stopped being a character during Johto, he's had his moments in Hoenn, but it just shows that they have no idea in which direction to go with his character.

May...she's gone, that one's obvious. With all the final battles and "rivals forever" stuff coming up and Drew talking about Johto, you'd have to be dumb not to see that.

So, of course that means Hikari is going to pop up in the new series. The bike thing is funny, I didn't mind them doing it with May since it seemed like a throw back to what happened in episode one. I remember reading about there being two series on the air at the same time though, so that could be a series based on May, since her character is still huge with the Japanese kids.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Heh, I forgot about Max. He's not that big of a deal to me, so I really wouldn't care if he went home or started out on his own. I hope he doesn't stay with Ash though... he's just going to be as useless as before (that is unless the writers get a brainstorm and give him a pokemon =P).

Blue said:
    Gary won't show up as a main cast member, the only reason he even gave up being a trainer was because his VA was leaving and they needed a way to write him out of the series. He'll probably just become a plot line from now on, they sure as hell made use of it with the whole Shinou thing.

*agrees* I doubt Gary will have a huge role. I mean... he's a researcher now so he's probably doing a lot of things that would be hard to do when traveling around. You can't exactly study the behavior of a certain group of pokemon when you have to leave in two days. XD I mean, they could make it work... but they probably won't. Not to mention, Gary's kinda boring and all grown-upish now... so meh.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Psst. Hey, guys. It'd be great if you could share where you got this information for people who are mildly interested in the topic and only knew so much as the series only being announced. xP

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Not Much....

Hikarii said:
    Psst. Hey, guys. It'd be great if you could share where you got this information for people who are mildly interested in the topic and only knew so much as the series only being announced. xP

Nothing Much Was Announced Yet But The Japanese Magazine CoroCoro Released This Info In An Issue Awhile Back....

Spoiler Picture Here:
    Spoiler:

"CoroCoro revealed that a new series that follows on from Pokémon Advanced Generation called Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl will start on September 28, 2006 on the TV Tokyo network. This series will feature Hikari, the female protagonist from Diamond and Pearl. It is currently unknown if any of the current characters will return."

I Pulled That Out From Wikipedia...
    I Just Realized That It Will Air The Same Day Diamond And Pearl Comes Out In Japan...

Well Anyway I Have A Feeling May Will Go To Johto With Her Brother Max Since Max Can Only Travel With Her Sister...Unless May Like Has Relations With Ash....Misty Wont Come Back Because She Is Now Leading A Gym And Is Very Busy With It (She Wouldnt Even Except Dates)......Tracey Aint Ever Coming Back, Hes Helping Misty With The Gym And Prof. Oak.....Gary's Voice Actor As Blue Said Is Leaving So Hes Gone And Just A Plot Line....Brock Coming Back Is Sort Of Likely But He Sort Of Doesnt Help The Gang Out In Any Way (Although With Max Gone He Could Be The New Guide..).....Ash Is Definatley Staying, No Doubt About That....Pearl Might Join The Team Or Have Her Own Series....

Lets Not Forget That Brock And ANyone Else Who Seems Useless To Join The Team May HAve Something To Do In D/P Pearl Could Do Super Contests (Which Would Suck But Someone Has Too) And Super Contests Are Alot Different Then Hoenn Contests....And Newer Things To Do Can And Will Be Revealed...

So Overall The More Info We Get On The Games The Closer We Can Get Too Seeing What Gang Ash Will Have...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    May will not go to Shinou. She is not ready to travel on her own yet. She will go to Shinou to compete in the Shinou contests. She already beat both Harly and Drew at least once. Just because her two rivals left for Johto, doesnt mean she is. She seemed to want to stick with Ash and the last episode basicly confirms it. Why should they can May and have Hikari do the exact same thing? May is the mascot of Pokemon contests. It would be completly and utterly senseless to make Hikari replace May and become a coordinator. She may still join the group, but she will most likly be studying Team Galalxy and the legendaries and not actually participate in gyms or contests. Brock wil stay behind at the Pokemon center to help out Nurse Joy.

Years
    Krimm said:
    I think Brock should go, along with Gary and Hikari. I bet anything Gary would be the researcher that knows a lot, Hikari would prolly be a Coordinator, and Ash will be ash XP
    Hmm... I doubt about Hikaru being a Coordinator. Not only her appearence but also her goals, as mention on one of the posters, finding the "Pokemon Gods" obviously meaning Dairuga and Pelucia, makes her profile too and less care free than being a Coordinator. Being a Battler, is also not likely too. The fact that her goal is to find the Legendary Pokemon lowen the chances of her meeting up with Satoshi and/or Haruka as well... Satoshi is going to Shinou almost officialy of course, we all saw him warming up after receiving the letter from Shigeru. About Haruka, she never told she's going to Jouto; as she lost to Shuu, she'll be probably like to be trained in a place from him. Do not forget that after the Kanto league, Satoshi also got seperated from Shigeru, going to Orange Islands, I realize, it's not exactly the same, but it makes sence. So, having even the posters claiming the phrase "Don't oversee Satoshi's and Haruka's adventures too!", it gives more chances on two series running together. One with Haruka's and Satoshi's challenges in Shinou, and one with Hikari's Adventures. I think this is what it's mostly like to happen. Oh, and another plan, which even most likely to happen is all characters being in the new series but on different places... And Shigeru ought to take a nice role! Maybe being alongside with Hikari? Who knows? Oh, and there are chances about Kasumi going back, don't oversee the fact she sent a charm of her to Satoshi for Good Luck, maybe, just maybe she has something on her mind...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    "Don't oversee Satoshi's and Haruka's adventures too!", it gives more chances on two series running together.
    Not really, you have to consider when that teaser poster came out. I doubt that they would have spoiled her leaving if it does come to pass. Gary though, he won't be coming back as a full time character, in a new series or not. Japan isn't all that hot on getting new VAs for characters.

Guess we'll just see in a few weeks.

Back