• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official English Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
  • But Serpent Ivy would be so much more logical to me. :(
    ...wait I forgot all about the "n" in its name, nevermind. I'll go dig myself a hole to hide in. >___>;

I don't think I predicted any names right, except for Emboar being logical.

As for Snivy, even now, I've sort of forgotten "Tsutaaja" and I just refer to it as Snivy in my brain but I'm unlikely to actually... type or say Snivy that often.
    I guess that it's Snake Ivy and not Serpent Ivy because it starts off as a small and smug snake I guess?

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Reuniclus...kinda weird, but so is the Pokemon. I think Homuncleus or something would be better but whatever.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I actually like Reuniclus...
    I'm still calling Pokemon by their Jap. names when I play my Pokemon Black, just like Diamond and Pearl a while back. It's an annoying habit I have.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    @MRAS Actually it stems from REUNITE! Lolz

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love Reuniclus. At first when I saw it I thought "what?" and now... I really like it. I even think it sounds better than Rankurusu. :D;

Oh and update on last post - 125 names.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I like Reuniclus more than Ranculus too.

It seems to also have the less obvious nucleus in there too along with reunite and homunculus. That seems to make sense too since the rumored pre-evolution names have references to Biology too.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • lol I'm the one who implanted this "homunculus" thought in everyone's head when Pokebeach mixed up Rankurus and Gochiruzeru's names. Got em.

Impartial toward Reuniclus and Rankurusu. They both are pretty much the same imho

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, it's combination of "Mola mola" (the scientific name for the ocean sunfish), "mom" (in reference to how it cares for Pokémon), and "aloha" (means "love" in Hawaiian).

lovecaresunfish. Makes sense considering it's love heart shape. That is rather smart actually, I just wished it sounded a little better :/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Have any of the E4 or Gym leader's or the player character,etc. English names been revealed yet? I've only seen Bianca (Bel) and Cheren (kept his name xD) oh and N (kept his name too)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Klink.. Klang... Klinklang....

I thought Gigigear was so unimaginative...

GF is really trolling with us this generation if this was confirmed true.

All I can say about the new names is... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hax-dragon?

Mingcheng ang Minfiao something I think?

Timburr, Girdurr, conkleburr?

I mean WTH?

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Finally getting used to the names :)
    I can now say Haxorus and Klinklang without thinking about the japanese names.
    And Druddigon, strangely enough.
    Mienfoo, Mienshao, and Sigilyph.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • A lot of clever names as always. (Galvantula)

Some fail names too. sigh. Think positive. We are stuck with these adorable critters untill the next go around.

Years
  • Official English Name Discussion

Chandelure is also one of the most clever names, in my opinion. It lures you in by being an adorable Chandelier, then it shamelessly destroys everything in its path. ^____^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back