• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • NA
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
I have a question. Have any of you battled the same trainer twice, not including the Elite Four?
I battled this weak Lass and killed her, but then the battle music started playing again and I had to battle her again. There wasn't anything really glitchy about her pokemon. They were the same as last time, with full health, and I gained exp points the same way too. But what did I do to trigger this?

omfx___harley

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/18
Years
That does happen. It's completely random, but occasionally, i'll be fighting a youngster or swimmer or something and the music changes to Lance's music and its all like huh? I think if you go really fast in killing a weak trainer, the game assumes that you have not battled the trainer yet and sends you right back in.

Orochi

Orochi - ShimaKage
Years
old lady doll

i typed a gameshark code and guess what?this happened.
oldlady1.png

i got an old lady doll!!!!!!

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 1, 2008
yhow you can block people and they will move to different places?well i did it with a guy in fushia and i got him so far then he dissapeared

i was doing the missingno trick and after the man talked he side stepped

Last edited:

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
In red or blue, cut a tree then stand on the spot where the tree was and save, turn game off then back on and youll be standing on the tree :)

Lash

Years
Heres a Yellow glitch; No idea if it will work every time, but wth.

In the Pewter Pokemon center, make sure you have Pikachu with you. With the man near the PC Box in the center, place yourself to have a space between Pikachu and the Trade Link person, and have your sprite character be under Pikachu's sprite.
Wait till the guy comes to you, and talk to him. Once he is done talking, walk upwards, and the guy will side step to be in front of your sprite.

Iced

Aspiration
Years
I think i know why the Wild Missingno. did a distorted Zapdos cry. Well before that I was in a link battle Zapdos vs. Vileplume and then i unpluged cable during battle then The screen filled with 9's and then i left and I saved it so it made Zapdos cry but thought i caught a Vileplume. Im not sure if im correct but it sounds like it would make sense.

omfx___harley

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/18
Years
To skip the first gym on RBY:
Save your game in case you mess up
Walk up to the kid who drags you to the gym
As soon as he says "follow me!" hit start
Save your game and turn it off
When you turn it on, he will speak again, then walk towards the gym funny (going through houses, people, etc) and still drag you but you won't be able to follow him
Now you can walk down route 4 without beating Brock!

Years
Maybe someone could look in this site. glitchcity.info It has all the glitchy information about glitches.

PS Someone was the ZZAZZ number! Nooo we are going to be exploding bubasures! :paranoid:

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
1. box trick
2. cut a tree, stand on it, save, restart
2. go TRSRockin!!!!! (google it)

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip:/ I know one. Use the fishing rod next to a person on water and the rods string will go on top of the person. The weird thing is that you can still capture pokemon on the persons head!

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
My friend has a really really old Yellow Version. One time she went to pallet town and talked to someone. After that, the person she was talking to moved sideways, they didn't walk, they slid.

~!~Miss Cow~!~

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
The Weirdest glitch I had Was When I Was Looking For Missingno. But it Said: Wild OLD MAN Appeared! I Caught it. It Had The Cry Of a Jynx.

Whoa, are you serious? that is weird. what attacks did the old man have?
And was the sprite all messed up?

I want to know why when you stand on a tree and save and then turn it on, your standing on the tree.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
well ages ago my cousin had a sleep over 4 his bday and all 12 ppl including me went with gbas and link cables and one of his mates could get g/s/c pokemon onto red blue and sometimes yellow and we tried it and it worked i got feraligatr on blue then i tried transfering it to yellow and it showed it got transfered then when i walked out and was by the pc stars like on fr/lg when you get a shiny pokemon were coming out of the room im not sure how it happened but anyone else experienced it?it musta been a super glitch or something

wizzard

im like glitches and hacks :D
Years
Fight with a Ditto vs a Spearow use Transform wait that use Spearow Mirror Move and the spearow is a ditto its funny ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2008
In Red, Blue and Ma-b yellow, as soon as you turn on your gb press any of the buttons and you can change the color of the........uh.........game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back