• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It seems I've either had a lot luck, or something is up with my SS. In about a month and a half, I've caught four shiny Pokemon. Last two were caught within four days of each other. No, I don't have AR or RNG abuse (don't even know how)...

Vulpix (Quirky) - Caught on Route 48. Now a Ninetales.
    Nidorina (Bashful) - Caught on Route 15, while looking for a Lucky Egg to steal.
    Gloom (Modest) - Caught on Route 48 while leveling up my Murkrow.
    Sneasel (Adamant & 31 Atk IVs) - Caught at Mt. Silver while leveling up my Electivire.

I don't go anywhere without my Breloom (Spore/False Swipe) any more, and I keep thinking every Pokemon I encounter or hatch will be shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    The first night I got SS I ran into a shiny Hoothoot. I was on the phone with my boyfriend and said "How do you know if a Pokemon is shiny? Cause I think I just found one..." and he freaked out and told me I needed to catch it lol. :) Now it's a Noctowl.

Little Brother

Little Brother...Big Heart <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I caught a shiny ponyta when I was training for the Elite four, it was 32 and all my poke's were 45+ and i was scared i was gonna faint it, so i used an ultra ball xD. Dumb luck.

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Found shiny magmar in safari zone (it was my first shiny ever too) but safari zone is evil >:(. IT RAN away :S.

godrex2

Heavy Rain
    Years
  • Other than Red Gyradose I haven't encountered one in HG/SS but I have a bunch. I have a shiny Linoone from my Emerald, my Shiny Gengar from Diamond, the Gamestop Pichu that is now a Raichu (my friend traded me his), and a shiny Charizard and Vulpix from the GTS. I think that is it but I am not sure.

Years
  • I finally found my first ever shiny today! Out of the many Pokemon games that I've got I've NEVER encountered a shiny, so today I found one in the Bell Tower on my way up to Ho-oh.
    When I met it I thought I would kill it but I just threw a Ultra Ball and it caught it. I felt quite happy after that!

cypher_takahashi

Seasoned Pokefan/Trainer
    Years
  • My girlfriend ended up finding and catching a shiny spearow for me on my heartgold cartridge, thusfar its the only shiny i have seen besides ar'ed pokes, ive been playing since blue.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Lets see...shinies huh?

Well, on my original Silver i ran into a shiny Abra and abrubtly kicked myself. I had no pokeballs what-so-ever.

Second encounter was a Red Metapod on Crystal. Caught that one.

And the third, and final shiny encounter I've ever had, red Gyarados aside, was my Gold Poochyena on Sapphire.

::Note::
    I may have ran into a shiny Spinda once, but I wasn't really paying attention. Only though I heard the Shiny noise.

Haven't ran into any on the 4th Gen games as of yet.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Shiny Suicune caught tonight - took far to long and far to many soft resets, going to try the Snorlax as well, hope my patience holds out. I too was lucky with a Growlithe, seems to be a popular random shiny to nail.

I may try soft resetting on the rest of the legendary pokes I haven't caught yet, if I like the color variation enough >_<

Years
  • I just caught a shiny zubat in the wild...just by accident...I don't have the patience to reset until I find shiny one :-)
    Second time I'm lucky in HG...just got pokerus as well ;-)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    I've been soft-resetting for a shiny Mudkip. I'm not very patient, so I take breaks and come back to it.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Yay, My friend told me that common Pokemon are more likely to be shiny. I wonder if that's true. I have 2 Shiny Unown and a shiny tentacool. :)

lol, You got lots of patience. . . . . and time. XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back