• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    In the beginning of my Soulsilver, I encountered a shiny Pidgey. I, of course, caught him and nicknamed him Shinewing. He's now a lvl.51 Pidgeot.

Later in the game, when I was in Mt. Mortar, I came upon a female Zubat. And it was green! I caught her and nicknamed her Emily. She's now rotting in my PC cause I have no idea what to do with her.

Thunder_Brew_07

Friend of All Pokemon
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Rattata when catching normal ones for trade. Luckily it got the better ability (Guts) and a decent nature (Brave). I've still done nothing with it however..

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I wasn't looking for shinies at all while playing HG/SS, but I actually found two, one in each game :D First was a Hoothoot in my imported HeartGold. I didn't do much with him since he was caught so late into my journey that he wasn't very strong. I traded him over to SoulSilver and put him in the Daycare while I went through the Gyms and such. He's pretty expensive now to take out D:

My other shiny is a beautiful Tentacruel, caught as a Tentacool. I found it while I was going to Cianwood, and my mouth dropped. I've loved Tentacool's shiny form, so to get one of my favorites was definitely one of my favorite moments in the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Golden Magikarp

Haha! Really happy right now - just caught a shiny Magikarp that was completely gold in colour! How amazing is that? That's my first ever shiny pokemon! Other than the red Gyarados, of course... hehe...

But can someone answer a question for me... If it evolves, will it continue being shiny..?

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I caught a shiny Rattata early in-game in the Burned Tower. I trained him to level 40 and boxed him. I'll probably take him to level 100 eventually, leaving him as a cute, top percentage (in your face, Youngster Joey!) Rattata.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    so shiny pokemon only have a different graphic but in all other ways are the same? (same speed, stats, evolve, etc)

i'm so new that had i encountered a shiny i wouldn't know to catch it

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    i first encountered wild shiny in HG is a pidgey, but i accidentally KO'd it><
    All the shinies i have not are either thru trades or i breed them myself

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I found a lvl. 27 Doduo on the route south of Victory Road.
    It's now a lvl. 50 Dodrio with Sky Attack and a bunch of other good attacks I taught it. :)

I haven't encountered any other shinies.
    My brother, however, found a shiny Shuckle while Rock Smashing in Cianwood. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    so shiny pokemon only have a different graphic but in all other ways are the same? (same speed, stats, evolve, etc)

i'm so new that had i encountered a shiny i wouldn't know to catch it
    Yeah, they're pretty much the same, just a lot more valuable, as in they're super rare! Good luck with learning the game! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    so "my mom" keeps buying me items is that a good thing or a bad thing and can i stop her without going way back home and taking the money from her? thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

After 3 months of on and off soft resetting, it finally appeared after the 6-7th soft reset today. Timid Synchronize worked as well.

And i was gonna give up yesterday as well.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    Besides Red Gyrados, I have gotten Golbat and Pikachu shiny. They were all random, but I'm trying to get shiny Lugia currently via Soft Resetting in SS.

caridizzle

Shiny Enthusiast
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2010
    i was playing SS yesterday and was looking for a ditto outside Goldenrod, just to leave in the daycare for breeding etc, and I spent about 15 mins trying to find one, and instead found a shiny drowzee.
    I've encountered 4 shinies in all my pokemon games now, and that was the first one i managed to catch.

The first was in sapphire, was an espeon in the battle tower which i was gutted about, the second was in pearl, a shiny magcargo in stark mountain but it was a double battle and the other trainer KOd it, and the third was a shiny clefairy in the safari zone on HG but it fled.

Id kill for a shiny staryu :(

Years
    I got a shiny hoppip and a shiny graveler after 200 hours of playing hg (and only getting as far as blackthorn :)). the graveler really scared me because it knew self destruct. but I caught it with a heavy ball first turn :)

caridizzle

Shiny Enthusiast
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2010
    I'm currently trying the 'Masuda Method' for the first time to get the shiny staryu that i've wanted since the RSE days! Currently on egg #10 wish me luck!

and 83 eggs later i get my shiny staryu! i wasnt expecting it so fast! i'd read about people hatching 1000-2000 eggs before getting a shiny, so i was expecting a long wait...im so excited :) im going to try with yanma now, but i bet my luck wont be the same :(

Last edited:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I've only ever caught a shiny Magikarp, which sucks, because the only FREE shiny we get is the Red Gyarados... and I caught the magikarp just as I was surfing away from catching the Red Gyarados. I've always wanted a shiny Charmander, for a black Charizard. Is the masuda method just breeding a foreign pokemon and a north american pokemon together?

caridizzle

Shiny Enthusiast
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2010
    they dont have to be north american, it can be two pokemon from any different countries. i just got a japanese ditto over the gts.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Cool, thanks. And it doubles the chances, right?

So, since I'm in Canada, if I got a ditto from anywhere else it'd work? I'll have to try that. Time to get a foreign ditto, lol.

caridizzle

Shiny Enthusiast
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2010
    it does more than double it, usually the chance of getting a shiny is like 1/8000 (not exact number) and with the masuda method, it will bring it up to 1/2000 (still not exact number. it still should take a lot of time to get one, but i find it's more fun than just running around looking for a shiny in the wild. good luck :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    I would love to catch a shiny but in over twelve years of playing Pokemon, I have only found one and I never caught it. Annoying :( would be great to find one but I'm sure I will eventually... :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back