• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How Much Are My Cards Worth" thread V. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyndaquil

'lo.
Years
  • I just looked through my old decks of Pokémon Cards, and was wondering the price of some cards. I've found lots of prices on different websites, but not all. I'd be glad if someone could help me with these:

Base Set Fighting Energy, BUT in reverse holo ("cosmic" holo pattern, only the background of the energy with those white swirls, that part is holo.) I got it from some competition IIRC. (Some other differences: There's no actual card number on it, i.e. the 97/102 is NOT there. Also, the copyright text says "(c)1995-2000 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK.", the one on the original base set says "(c)1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK. (c)1999 Wizards." The copyright text feels more centered than the one on the original base set too.)

(Wizards Black Star) Promo #47, Mew. This one: link.

Base Set Machamp, Rare holo. Edition one, but WITH shadow. Just wondering, after reading the quote below, that shouldn't be possible?
    Pokegal said:
    the first editions of the base set don't have that little shadow around the box with the picture in it (see the shadow, toward the right side?)

After they decided to stop printing first editions, they just took the little 'first edition' label off the card, and left the rest the same. For about a week.

After a week they decided it looked too plain, so they added that shadow to the box around pokemon to add more pizaz.

Ho-oh, skyridge, 149/144 (Rare holo). It's the one with Crystal Type, in almost a "Almost Mint" condition. I've read that it's pretty rare.

Rocket's Sneasel, Best of Wizards #5, WITHOUT winner stamp.
    Rocket's Sneasel, Best of Wizards #5, WITH winner stamp.
    Electabuzz, Best of Wizards #1, WITH winner stamp. (Reverse holo)

Articuno, Wizards black star promo #48, this one: link.

Articuno, fossile set, rare holo.

Japanese "Pokémon March" from the Neo Genesis set. What's odd to me is that it features the "Illus." text and rarity symbol (common, black circle), but no copyright stuff or card number. I guess it could be a fake card, but it DOES show copyright texts on the reverse side. (In red, since it's that japanese background with "Pocket Monsters" written around a pokéball.)

That's all, for now anyways. Thanks in advance for all help.

Silent_Storm

"Let It Be, Let It Be"
    Years
  • Special Card

How much do you think is a Japanese Holo Raichu worth in U.S. currency?
    I'm not sure about the moves and HP because it's my friends and I don't want him to get ripped off in a trade. He also hase and Ancient Mew (holo both sides)
    Thanks.

evanescencelord

Team Magma ******
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2008
    I have all of the original base sets and they are in decent condition. Are they worth much?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2008
    when I was collecting pokemon I got a boss's way trainer card that was hollographic. The hollographic pattern looked different and there was a line running down the middle that looked like a fold but it was a new pack. There was a diamond in the corner which meant it was only uncommon. Anybody know what thats all about?

when I was collecting pokemon I got a boss's way trainer card that was hollographic. The hollographic pattern looked different and there was a line running down the middle that looked like a fold but it was a new pack. There was a diamond in the corner which meant it was only uncommon. Anybody know what thats all about/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2009
    i got so many cards... i easily have over 300 from the original cards alone. not to mention a good maybe 100+ jap cards

Ill post the originals that are rare obviously:

JAPANESE: (since i cant find my originals ENGs)

Dark Charizard - Rocket |h|
    Raichu - (I believe Base 2? It has no logo...) |h|
    Clefable - Jungle |h|
    Dark Vileplume x2 - Rocket |h|
    Sabrina's Alakazam - Gym (idk which one, its an all white pokeball) |h|
    Lt. Surges Magneton - same set as ^ |h|
    Gengar - Fossil |h|
    Dark Weexing - Rocket |h|
    Gyarados - Base 2 |h|
    Vaporeon - Jungle |h|
    Flareon - Jungle |h|
    Porygon - Base 2 |h|
    Snorlax - Base 2 |h|
    Dragonite - Fossil |h|
    Meganium - (2 white stars) |h|
    Typhlosion x2 - (same as ^) |h|
    Feraligatr - (same as ^) |h|

any help?

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
  • how much is a electabuzz from the first series with special gold writing printed on it saying pokemon the first movie and a star saying promo card printed on its because my brothers say only a few were handed out a few years ago at some special event

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    Hi, I'm new and need a little help

Hi, I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm trying to make some money by selling off my Pokemon card collection. I just wanted to know if I could get some help with what each card is worth. They're all in perfect condition, I never actually learned how to play. (Just to be clear, I am not trying to sell them here, as you can see by the fact that I haven't listed my ebay username at all, I'm just asking for a little help since I know very little about Pokemon and know no one else who knows anything about them). I was also wondering if you guys could tell me if there is any other info to include in the ad? Should I list them as one lot, or separately? So here's the list so far;

Fire cards;
    Arcanine - 100 hp, 23/102, uncommon
    Charmander - 50 hp, 46/102, common
    Charmander - 50 hp, 97/165, common
    Charmeleon - 80hp, 35/130, uncommon
    Charizard - 120hp, 46/165, rare
    Charizard - 120hp, 4/102, rare HOLO/FOIL (Spanish)
    Cyndaquil - 50hp, 57/111, common (Spanish)
    Growlite - 50hp, 80/147, common
    Galopa - 70hp, 44/67, uncommon (Spanish)
    Ponyta - 40hp, 87/110, common SPARKLY/FOIL
    Ponyta - 50hp, 64/182, common
    Magmar - 70hp, 39/62, uncommon
    Sulfura - 70hp, 27/62, rare (Spanish)
    Vulpix - 50hp, 136/165, common
    I think most of the cards are from about 1995-2002.
    (I have photos, but apparently can't link. So if you need to see them to give me an idea of what you think they're worth, just go to; photobucket, search 'palmettoshorty', then go to 'stuff for sale'. Please ignore all the rest of my photos, lol don't ask..)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    Charizard 4/102 Rare Holofoil.
    Gyarados, Base Set, Rare Holofoil.
    Blaine's Moltres, from the Gym Leaders series, Rare Holofoil.
    Pinsir, Jungle series, Rare Holofoil.
    Vaporeon Jungle Series, Rare Holofoil.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    no info cards

i have these cards and have no info on them everyone i have ever asked had no clue, and they are no where to be found on the internet. to see them go to photobucket- com/albums/n236/willow46203/pokecards/
    thanks

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    I have a Base set Diglett with the Fighting symbol next to the Dig attack turned sideways. Is this card worth anything?

Years
  • How much are these worth?
    Great Encounters Darkrai (both versions)
    Great Encounters Sceptile
    Secret Wonders Honchkrow Lv X
    Mysterious Treasure Uxie
    M. T. Alakazam
    M.T. Honchkrow
    M. T. Celebi
    Secret Wonders Gastrodon
    D/P Dusknoir
    Legends Awakened Rev. Holo Deoxys Normal Forme

Vaporeonluvr

Trainer who likes to draw
    Years
  • hey theres a few things i have,

surfing pikachu (in foreign language- possibly french)
    dark charmeleon (with WoTC symbol)
    mewtwo (from pokemon the first movie)
    dragonite (also from first movie)
    shiny feraligatr (neo genisis)
    shiny bellosom (1st edition neo genisis)

does anyone know what these are worth?
    not too sure if they are from neo genisis, but its the two white stars symbol

I know what that shiny feraligator is worth: any card in my deck! Ive got all kinds of cards including level x and plenty of delta species and holo cards! Want to trade it for anything? Ill give you up to three of my cards for it! :)

Zeroist

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2008
    Honestly, pokemon cards are worth crap anymore sadly.
    I thought holding onto them was gonna be worth it, but so far, not such a good idea. =/

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015

Ah the cards I want to know about are:

Japanese Shiny Scyther (Jungle)
    Japanese Shiny Venemoth (Jungle)
    Japanese Shiny Sabrina's Gengar
    Japanese Shiny Sabrina's Alakazam
    Japanese Shiny Pichu (Neo Eras?, *Two overlapping stars*)
    Japanese Shiny Kabutops (Not sure, Its like a pyramid with stairs)
    Shiny Riachu (Fossil)
    Shiny Chansey (Original)

Please tell me, cheers.

Years
  • I just got a Dusknoir LV X- how much i it worth exactly? Thanks!
    Probably about 10 Dollars or so

Ah the cards I want to know about are:

Japanese Shiny Scyther (Jungle)
    Japanese Shiny Venemoth (Jungle)
    Japanese Shiny Sabrina's Gengar
    Japanese Shiny Sabrina's Alakazam
    Japanese Shiny Pichu (Neo Eras?, *Two overlapping stars*)
    Japanese Shiny Kabutops (Not sure, Its like a pyramid with stairs)
    Shiny Riachu (Fossil)
    Shiny Chansey (Original)

Please tell me, cheers.

Wow... those seem like... probably 10 to 20 dollars each, nice collection ya have there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back