• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
Hello!

I have a 1st Edition, Holographic, Japanese, Dark Charizard - from the team rocket set. A friend told me she thinks it is valuable. I have not been able to find any info about it and do not see any for sale online. The card is in great shape, I put it right in plastic as soon as I got it as a kid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
I found this card in my old card folder and I can't find it anywhere on the internet.Anyone know where its from and how much it is worth.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I found this card in my old card folder and I can't find it anywhere on the internet.Anyone know where its from and how much it is worth.

Appears to be fake, most notably (besides all the colours being inverted) the name and health are too far down the card.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
View attachment 75836

Haven't been able to find a selling price for this, so I'm assuming that means I'd have to pay someone to take it. Or perhaps it's not even real. I'm not sure, had this since I was a kid. Any one have an idea?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
View attachment 75836

Haven't been able to find a selling price for this, so I'm assuming that means I'd have to pay someone to take it. Or perhaps it's not even real. I'm not sure, had this since I was a kid. Any one have an idea?
Looks real to me. Raichus from the Japanese base set should sell for at least £2 in good condition.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
Ah, sweet deal. Would that also hold true for a Japanese Holo Blastoise? Or would that be less?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Base set Japanese Blastoise would be closer to the £10 mark in good condition.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
Hello,
I would like to ask you to appraise my cards, if they are worth anything. I had them sitting on a shelf unused until recently, when the possibility of selling them was brought to mind. I know not how to use the PSA scale, nor have I, thus a very subjective evaluation will have to suffice: all of them are in the "Played" condition, some have light or noticeable wear, others - barely. Bar a few cards (Machamp, Lapras), others are from the base set, 1999-2000 Wizards edition, none shadowless.
The images might not be the best indicator of quality (for instance, the Zapdos and especially Mew Two cards look better than they really are) and are mostly for general guidance. :)
Thanks

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Those cards look like they're from 8th print of the base set in the UK . They're a lot harder to find than the normal unlimited base set cards with the 1999 copyright date on. I'm pretty sure they're even rarer than shadowless base set cards, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're more valuable. Shadowless cards and especially 1st edition shadowless cards are generally considered a lot more desirable by collectors at the moment.

As for the value, you'll see on Ebay a few people asking for some pretty crazy amounts, like £400 for an ungraded 8th print Charizard and £1,999 for a PSA 10 8th print Charizard. The last ungraded one that sold however went for £60 (roughly 3x the normal value of a base set Charizard). This seems more reasonable to me.

If I were you, what I would do is send them to PSA and ask them to simply encase and label the ones with visible wear as "Authentic" rather than giving them a condition score. I'd then hold onto them for a while and see if the desirability of the cards increases.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 8, 2015
So I started collecting graded psa cards once again after a good 14 years and I jumped in head first and bought a eevee fan club 500 pts. psa grade 9. I won it in an eBay auction for 4 bills.I'm pretty happy with the purchase as I'm an eevee fan but as far as value goes what is it worth? I see it for many different prices and I'm far from an expert in these cards. Will the card appreciate in time?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
Hi there!

First of all i'm from Argentina so sorry for my english. I'm going on a trip to the US in a few days and i have some cards that i will like to sell over there, but with some of them i'm having issue's to find a price. I hope you can help me.
The first one is Falkner's Skarmory. Japanese, from VS collection. You can find some images on google. I can't post any links right now.
The second is Loudred 35/106 "Regional Championships"
The third one is Arcanine 2/147 Reverse Foil (the foil is on the card not in the draw) from Aquapolis.
And the fourth one is Magmar Ex 001/019 Japanese non foil. I don't know the set, its look like a Torchic.

I've got two or three more, but for later.
If you need more information tell me.
I realle apreciate it!
Thanks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
Hi I'm new here and I know nothing about Pokemon but I just wanted to know what this card was worth and I was afraid if I put it on eBay I would either sell it for too little or get in trouble for selling it to someone for too much haha. I found this card on eBay and one of them was $199 but it said "no holo" the exact one I have I saw for $110 but I think it was in good condition. I used to collect Pokemon cards when I was 7 but I'm 15 now and I saw I could make money with it so I did some research. It's dark dragonite, 1st edition, 5/82, there's a star in the corner, and the bottom says copyright 1995,96, 98 Nintendo, creatures, game freak, copyright 1999-2000 wizards. mines not in mint condition though and I don't have a plastic thing to put it in. I mean it's ok, it's been sitting in a book in a little plastic pouch for the past 8 years but it's a little dirty and bent up. Should I sell it for $100 or should it be lower? And what should I call it? (I don't really understand the confusing names people put them under on eBay) also I have some cards that say 2006 World Series and one that's a cool looking horizontal wiggly puff from 1999 of those are worth anything

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Hi I'm new here and I know nothing about Pokemon but I just wanted to know what this card was worth and I was afraid if I put it on eBay I would either sell it for too little or get in trouble for selling it to someone for too much haha. I found this card on eBay and one of them was $199 but it said "no holo" the exact one I have I saw for $110 but I think it was in good condition. I used to collect Pokemon cards when I was 7 but I'm 15 now and I saw I could make money with it so I did some research. It's dark dragonite, 1st edition, 5/82, there's a star in the corner, and the bottom says copyright 1995,96, 98 Nintendo, creatures, game freak, copyright 1999-2000 wizards. mines not in mint condition though and I don't have a plastic thing to put it in. I mean it's ok, it's been sitting in a book in a little plastic pouch for the past 8 years but it's a little dirty and bent up. Should I sell it for $100 or should it be lower? And what should I call it? (I don't really understand the confusing names people put them under on eBay) also I have some cards that say 2006 World Series and one that's a cool looking horizontal wiggly puff from 1999 of those are worth anything

It would be best if we could see a picture of it just to get a good indication of its condition. The Dragonite you're talking about is supposed to be a holo but there were about 5,000 of them that were misprinted as non-holo which is why it's worth so much. The energy cost is also misaligned in the first edition one.

Years
So I started collecting graded psa cards once again after a good 14 years and I jumped in head first and bought a eevee fan club 500 pts. psa grade 9. I won it in an eBay auction for 4 bills.I'm pretty happy with the purchase as I'm an eevee fan but as far as value goes what is it worth? I see it for many different prices and I'm far from an expert in these cards. Will the card appreciate in time?

Noticeable appreciation in Pokemon card values is rare except among the rarest and most well known ones. Yours is one that might appreciate, but I can't guarantee a trend either way.

I tend to use eBay to get valuation estimates (I'm a hobbyist collector and eBay is surprisingly the only way to get a consistent value on the rarest of cards like your Fan Club 500pts Eevee), but there's only 4 graded listings showing up in completed auctions, and the only one to sell is probably the auction you got yours in.

Based on those, though, people seem to think that the value is somewhere between $300 and $550. Best approximation I can give you. Maybe check what it's going for on Yahoo! Japan Auctions and convert the successful sales into your local currency? Though I suppose that'd only give you the Japanese market value...

Hi there!

First of all i'm from Argentina so sorry for my english. I'm going on a trip to the US in a few days and i have some cards that i will like to sell over there, but with some of them i'm having issue's to find a price. I hope you can help me.
The first one is Falkner's Skarmory. Japanese, from VS collection. You can find some images on google. I can't post any links right now.
The second is Loudred 35/106 "Regional Championships"
The third one is Arcanine 2/147 Reverse Foil (the foil is on the card not in the draw) from Aquapolis.
And the fourth one is Magmar Ex 001/019 Japanese non foil. I don't know the set, its look like a Torchic.

I've got two or three more, but for later.
If you need more information tell me.
I realle apreciate it!
Thanks!

Assuming the bottom 3 are in English:

Falkner's Skarmory - Last successful auctions seem to have the ungraded version going for between $10 and $16.
Loudred Regional Championships Stamp: Somewhere between $5 and $10 (it went for $1 in an auction from Germany and for $11 in a Buy It Now listing from Italy, so take from that what you will).
reverse holo Arcanine 2/147 Aquapolis (for the record, this is just a plain reverse holo of a normally non-holo card, as the holo rares were numbered separately from the rest of the Aquapolis set) - $3 to $6.
Japanese Magmar ex 1/19 Torchic Constructed Starter Deck - $1 to $3 (not very valuable outside the constructed starter deck it was released in, apparently).

This help?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 8, 2015
Thanks for the reply Donavann. It's appreciated. I'm going to try those yahoo Japan auctions. Im enjoying getting back to collecting especially graded cards. If you don't mind me asking, what are the Crown Jewels of your collection?

Years
Thanks for the reply Donavann. It's appreciated. I'm going to try those yahoo Japan auctions. Im enjoying getting back to collecting especially graded cards. If you don't mind me asking, what are the Crown Jewels of your collection?

My most valuable card is probably my POP Series Espeon Gold Star (last I checked, somewhere around $100 for an ungraded one, but that was 3 years ago). My favorites are numerous, though. Chief among those is that I have both versions of Meloetta EX from the Japanese set Shiny Collection (the full art print and the non-full art print) as well as the full art Mew EX from that same set. I have a lot of cards I think are interesting, but most of those escape me at the moment.

If my collection were in better order, I'd have pictures of all my ultra rares and secret rares as well as other cool cards, but sorting and tracking several thousand cards after collecting them is problematic, especially when they're not your only collectible hobby, as is my case.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 8, 2015
Hi . I've got some older products here and just wondering what im looking at price was if i ever decided to sell.

Factory sealed, pokemon gotta catch em all official trading cards tv animation edition box of 36 packs.

Factory sealed , pokemon the first movie topps trading cards movie animation edition box of 36 packs.

Sealed, pokemon theme deck lockdown

Sealed pokemon theme deck bodyguard

I appreciate any rough numbers u can give me as im not really looking to sell but i am interested in knowing what I've got . Thanks : )

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 8, 2015
My most valuable card is probably my POP Series Espeon Gold Star (last I checked, somewhere around $100 for an ungraded one, but that was 3 years ago). My favorites are numerous, though. Chief among those is that I have both versions of Meloetta EX from the Japanese set Shiny Collection (the full art print and the non-full art print) as well as the full art Mew EX from that same set. I have a lot of cards I think are interesting, but most of those escape me at the moment.

If my collection were in better order, I'd have pictures of all my ultra rares and secret rares as well as other cool cards, but sorting and tracking several thousand cards after collecting them is problematic, especially when they're not your only collectible hobby, as is my case.

Sweet. I hope you post pics one of these days.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 30, 2015
Card 1: Holo Shining Celebi from the neo destiny set, unlimited not 1st edition. In NM condition probably an 8/10
Card 2: Holo Shining Gyarados from the neo revelations set, unlimited not 1st edition. In NM condiditon probably a 9/10
Card 3: Holo Espeon from the neo discovery set, 1st edition. In mint condition.
Card 4: Holo Blastoise from the base set, unlimited not 1st edition. In mint condition. (Also a Spanish card if that changes value)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back