• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i found some of my old cards. lemme just go look up their names..... kk here we go.

Blaizeken from EXR&S sparkly backround
    Machamp from Legend maker shiny name and HP sparkly backround
    Dark Weezing from Team Rocket sparkly backround
    Dark Ampharos from EX TR Returns shiny name and hp sparkly backround
    Beedril from EX FR&LG shiny backround
    Nidorino from D&P Mysterious Treasures whole card shiny
    Deoxys from EX Holon Phantoms # 5/110 border name and pic shiny
    Deoxys from EX Deoxys shiny name hp sparkly logo and picture
    Deoxys from EX emerald sparkly backround
    Dragonite from EX delta species shiny name, hp, pic and logo
    Electrike from EX deoxys sparkly backround and logo
    Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon from POP sparkly backround
    Zapdos from Fossil shiny backround
    Mewtwo from EX Delta Species shiny name, hp, picture and logo
    Mewtwo lvl X from legends awakened shiny border, X, and backround
    Ho-oh from unseen forces sparkly backround
    Seadra from legends awakened shiny whole card except picture
    Weezing from EX deoxys sparkly backround and logo
    Sharpedo EX from EX deoxys sparkly backround and border
    Smoochum from Unseen forces shiny name and hp
    Wingull from X deoxys sparkly backround and logo
    Ninjask from EX deoxys sparkly backround, logo, name and hp
    Miltank from Stormfront shiny everywhere
    Kirlia from dragon frontiers shiny pic, has logo
    Lumineon from stormfront sparkly backround
    Plusle and Minun from POP sparkly backround
    Misdreavus from stormfront shiny everywhere
    Magneton from fossil shiny backround

wow thats a lot plz tell me if they'll sell for a good price. thx in advance :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    How about Pichu? My card knows Playground, and has Sweet Sleeping Face as a Poke-BODY. And 30 HP.

Years
    That Pichu (from HeartGold SoulSilver) is worth between $1 and $3, if I had to guess. Though if it's got a holofoil background and has the set logo for HeartGold SoulSilver stamped on the picture in the lower right hand corner, then you could get $4-$6 for it.

Years
    Ok now I've a few more cards running up.

1. Holon's Magneton (English) with a 2006 World Championships cover behind.

2. Would a set of 6 from EX Team Aqua and Magma worth anything? I have the Double Magma Energy card thingy. :>

3. Just leaving my platter of cards from the EX Legend Maker pack. The cards are: Magby, Grimer, Sentret, Lairon, Clamperl, Spheal, Tentacruel, Lapras, Omastar.

4. Supporters worth much these days? *shrugs*

Images of cards:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2011
    They could also be cards used in R&D over in Japan, but I doubt it because of the unlikeliness that any company short of Nintendo America or its other international equivalents themselves could end up with cards used in R&D in Japan.

Very true. My father worked as the sales director for a company that made packaging machinery, which packaged things into bags and boxes, shrinkwrapping them and loading them into larger boxes for shipping. The company he was visiting (no idea of the name) packed cards and games for various companies. It was not uncommon that packaging companies received items of similar shape, size and weight in order to set the machine up before the real product arrived (so they could check to make sure what the company needed packaging was packable). I would honestly not be surprised if the company in question received the cards directly from TPC International, who got them directly from TPC Japan before the english-language versions of the cards came out.

I believe my father said the company packed Pokémon Trading Card Games and even if they weren't I would be surprised if a company that was intending to buy a million dollars worth of packaging machinery based in the UK would be dealing with fake cards. Plus, of course, the cards are in Japanese, so bootlegging them for the UK market would seem a bit daft.

Equally, the quality of the printing is definitely not photocopied. I would imagine that to get printing this sharp, it would have to have been made from stolen graphics templates and printed on identical machinery and stock to the real cards. Even then it would have to have been from several separate decks over the course of 2 years.

I've managed to find the cards in the Bulbapedia, to give you a better idea of what the cards are:

Diamond & Pearl: Shining Darkness (aka Secret Wonders):
    Charmander, Squirtle, Psyduck , Shellder, Voltorb, Electrorb, Mareep, Qwilfish, Sableye, Plusle, Minun, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Absol.

Moonlit Pursuit:
    2x Skarmory, Houndoom

Heatran Half Deck:
    Gligar, Riolu, Lucario, Gliscor, 2x Beldum, 2x Metang, Heatran

Regigigas Half Deck:
    Shinx, Luxio, Mewtwo, Misdreavus, Driftloon, Drifblim

Dialga Half-Deck:
    Torkoal, Chimchar, Monferno, Riolu, Lucario

Giratina Half Deck:
    Turtwig, Grotle, Combee, Carnivine, Misdreavus, Mismagius

Palkia Half Deck:
    Lapras, Piplup, Prinplup, Nosepass, Probopass,

Infernape Half Deck:
    Rapidash 4, Flareon 4, Infernape 4, Houndoom 4,

Gallade Half Deck:
    Scizor 4, Heracorss 4, Yanmega 4, Mr. Mime 4, Drapion 4

Energy cards (dated 2006):
    Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Psychic, Fighting, Darkness, Metal

I apologise for the poor quality of my photos, but I will dig out the good digital camera to give you guys a better look.

Years
    Very true. My father worked as the sales director for a company that made packaging machinery, which packaged things into bags and boxes, shrinkwrapping them and loading them into larger boxes for shipping. The company he was visiting (no idea of the name) packed cards and games for various companies. It was not uncommon that packaging companies received items of similar shape, size and weight in order to set the machine up before the real product arrived (so they could check to make sure what the company needed packaging was packable). I would honestly not be surprised if the company in question received the cards directly from TPC International, who got them directly from TPC Japan before the english-language versions of the cards came out.

I believe my father said the company packed Pokémon Trading Card Games and even if they weren't I would be surprised if a company that was intending to buy a million dollars worth of packaging machinery based in the UK would be dealing with fake cards. Plus, of course, the cards are in Japanese, so bootlegging them for the UK market would seem a bit daft.

Equally, the quality of the printing is definitely not photocopied. I would imagine that to get printing this sharp, it would have to have been made from stolen graphics templates and printed on identical machinery and stock to the real cards. Even then it would have to have been from several separate decks over the course of 2 years.

I've managed to find the cards in the Bulbapedia, to give you a better idea of what the cards are:

Diamond & Pearl: Shining Darkness (aka Secret Wonders):
    Charmander, Squirtle, Psyduck , Shellder, Voltorb, Electrorb, Mareep, Qwilfish, Sableye, Plusle, Minun, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Absol.

Moonlit Pursuit:
    2x Skarmory, Houndoom

Heatran Half Deck:
    Gligar, Riolu, Lucario, Gliscor, 2x Beldum, 2x Metang, Heatran

Regigigas Half Deck:
    Shinx, Luxio, Mewtwo, Misdreavus, Driftloon, Drifblim

Dialga Half-Deck:
    Torkoal, Chimchar, Monferno, Riolu, Lucario

Giratina Half Deck:
    Turtwig, Grotle, Combee, Carnivine, Misdreavus, Mismagius

Palkia Half Deck:
    Lapras, Piplup, Prinplup, Nosepass, Probopass,

Infernape Half Deck:
    Rapidash 4, Flareon 4, Infernape 4, Houndoom 4,

Gallade Half Deck:
    Scizor 4, Heracorss 4, Yanmega 4, Mr. Mime 4, Drapion 4

Energy cards (dated 2006):
    Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Psychic, Fighting, Darkness, Metal

I apologise for the poor quality of my photos, but I will dig out the good digital camera to give you guys a better look.

I couldn't tell ya, to be honest. It's not really easy to put a value on unique things like R&D cards.

Ok now I've a few more cards running up.

1. Holon's Magneton (English) with a 2006 World Championships cover behind.

2. Would a set of 6 from EX Team Aqua and Magma worth anything? I have the Double Magma Energy card thingy. :>

3. Just leaving my platter of cards from the EX Legend Maker pack. The cards are: Magby, Grimer, Sentret, Lairon, Clamperl, Spheal, Tentacruel, Lapras, Omastar.

4. Supporters worth much these days? *shrugs*

Images of cards:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

1. Worth very little, since World Championship decks aren't exactly in high demand.

2. Depends on which cards you have. If they're commons and uncommons, they're probably not worth very much at all.

3. Omastar: $2, Lapras $3. Everything else is worth very little at all.

4. Those trainers in particular, probably not. Trainer cards tend to be less valuable than cards of Pokemon, unless they're legal for tournament play.

Last edited:

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    hey donavannj are you gunna do mine cause you kinda skipped over it. if you cant do it its ok though

Years
    hey donavannj are you gunna do mine cause you kinda skipped over it. if you cant do it its ok though

You put a whole freaking lot of them there. That takes a while to research, and I've also been kinda busy in my life. Also, putting that many card price requests in a post kinda scares me off from doing it because it takes a fair bit of time to search for each one on eBay and estimate a price range and type up a worthwhile response that explains why I think it should be that price.

I'll give your first five a go, though. Remind me to do another five tomorrow. Prices and comments in bold.

Blaizeken from EXR&S sparkly backround $2 - this is a holofoil rare
    Machamp from Legend maker shiny name and HP sparkly backround $5. this is a reverse holofoil version of the card, which is normally a holofoil rare
    Dark Weezing from Team Rocket sparkly backround $2-$3 - this is a holofoil rare
    Dark Ampharos from EX TR Returns shiny name and hp sparkly backround $3-$4. this is a reverse holofoil version of the card, which is normally a holofoil

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    lol i forgot to remind you yesterday, but i remembered today. sry if i sounded mean or anything. thank you for doing the first few.

Years
    Beedril from EX FR&LG shiny backround
    Nidorino from D&P Mysterious Treasures whole card shiny
    Deoxys from EX Holon Phantoms # 5/110 border name and pic shiny
    Deoxys from EX Deoxys shiny name hp sparkly logo and picture
    Deoxys from EX emerald sparkly backround

Beedrill: Holofoil rare. $3.

Nidorino: Not really worth anything. It's a reverse holofoil version of an uncommon, which are pretty common.

Deoxys Holon Phantoms: $5.

Deoxys EX Deoxys: What's the collector's number for it?

Deoxys EX Emerald: $3.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    Hiya,

I have way too many cards to list as 'Rares' and due to the fact i cant post a url here of the pictures ill just mention this

Acient mew 'Nintedo missprint'

Most foil 1st edition team rocket cards (plus all common and uncommon 1st edition)

flying pickachu 'japanese version not the mass produced english one'

rest are japanese and i cant think of the names for nothing!!! lol gotta keep posting

Years
    Dragonite from EX delta species shiny name, hp, pic and logo
    Electrike from EX deoxys sparkly backround and logo
    Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon from POP sparkly backround
    Zapdos from Fossil shiny backround
    Mewtwo from EX Delta Species shiny name, hp, picture and logo

Dragonite: Reverse holofoil of a rare holofoil. $10.
    Electricke: Worth nearly nothing due to the fact that it's a reverse holofoil of a common.
    Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon: Which POP sets are these from?
    Zapdos: $5-$6. Holofoil.
    Mewtwo: $3-$5. Holofoil.

Maybe post pictures of the cards I want you to give me more information on, cbd98.

Hiya,

I have way too many cards to list as 'Rares' and due to the fact i cant post a url here of the pictures ill just mention this

Acient mew 'Nintedo missprint'

Most foil 1st edition team rocket cards (plus all common and uncommon 1st edition)

flying pickachu 'japanese version not the mass produced english one'

rest are japanese and i cant think of the names for nothing!!! lol gotta keep posting

Ancient Mew misprint: I'd guess $15-$30. None are currently available on eBay, though.

Can't give prices for the TR cards unless you list them.

Flying Pikachu: Depending on the condition $30-$50. Unless you get is PSA graded, in which case it could fetch up to $75, as far as I'm seeing.

Try figuring them out while you're posting. Just read the rules of each section you're considering posting in.

Years
    Mewtwo lvl X from legends awakened shiny border, X, and backround
    Ho-oh from unseen forces sparkly backround
    Seadra from legends awakened shiny whole card except picture
    Weezing from EX deoxys sparkly backround and logo
    Sharpedo EX from EX deoxys sparkly backround and border

Mewtwo Lv. X - $7-$10. Lv. X cards are special holofoils that only have one version of the card.

Ho-oh - $3. Holofoil rare.

Seadra - Reverse Holofoil. Not worth much since it's a reverse holo of an uncommon.

Weezing - Reverse holofoil of an uncommon. Not worth much.

Sharpedo ex - $7-$9.

What about shining gyarados (neo)?
    And a japanese one?

English - $9-$15, more if PSA graded.

Japanese - The only one on eBay is at about $55. I'd guess the price range it'd sell in would be between $25 and $75. I don't know too much about Japanese card values, though.

1 Trainer comic steelix promo volume 5 not opened
    2 same card but opened Mint

I couldn't tell you. I don't know much about the values of rare Japanese cards like this one.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I just pulled this Reshiram, and wonder whether it's actually as rare as it says and looks :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back