• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Johto Map Discussion

LegacyzZ

Supreme Overlord
    Years
    This might sound boring... but what if they just lengthened the playtime of that town? I mean in the original we just went there to get the badges... maybe they'll have a sidequest for you while gym leader comes back or something... and go fight more trainers and catch more pokemon and finish the sidequest in that small house at the top

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Now thts just the purpose of this thread ,yeah why not could be a side quest but it looks like an averagely large area for 1 side quest and definitely looks similar to aspects from previous games, but who knows, although I really doubt it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Looks to me either like a Pal Park or a new Safari Zone.
    It IS divided into six areas, isn't it?

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    Its easy to put Kyogre somewhere, either Seafoam Islands (Kanto), I do not mention Whirl Islands because that is Lugia´s place.
    As for Groudon, a believe a good location for him would be Rock Tunnel (Kanto), dry place, full of rocks, perfecr for him x)

The two lakes are nothing really, they are just the 2 lakes inside the forest that even exist in the original titles ^^

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    ya it seems to be, safari zone is a new idea u gave there, didnt think of that at all :P, but if its devided then its closer to the Palpark as the safari zone isnt usually devided (at least not in that way), but if this turns out to be a safari zone, then maybe it will open section by section, since maybe some parts contain pokemon u can see after obtaining the national dex, much like it worked in emerald, were a new part in the safari zone opened with pokemon from previous generations in it

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    To be honest, I wouldn't expect to find an electric cat in the countryside or a Fire-breathing dragon anywhere, but this is Pokemon. Realism has no place here.

Eh, it has realism within reasons. I'm just saying, Kyogre the "sea basin" pokemon...sea basin means bottom of the sea...it makes no sense being in a lake. He also has the ability to expand the sea.

Johto has its own sea, I'm sure it's big enough to share with Lugia. (It would be sharing with red gyarados also a nearly legendary pokemon anyway)

EDIT: This makes me wonder if we will be able to dive again, I'd love that (as long as they don't make it so useless)

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Eh, it has realism within reasons. I'm just saying, Kyogre the "sea basin" pokemon...sea basin means bottom of the sea...it makes no sense being in a lake. He also has the ability to expand the sea.

Johto has its own sea, I'm sure it's big enough to share with Lugia.

I totally agree. Putting Kyogre in a lake would just make him lose his cool. And anyway, I don't think that Gyrados would be a very happy neighbor ^_^

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    I totally agree. Putting Kyogre in a lake would just make him lose his cool. And anyway, I don't think that Gyrados would be a very happy neighbor ^_^

Well in Sapphire, he was in a small pond in an underwater cave wasn't he? At least a lake would be mopre dignifying. I personally think that a slightly rebuilt cinnibar Island could be a good place for groudon, and perhaps Seafoam Islands for Kyogre? Then Rayquaza could be aquired from, maybe the Goldenrod raqdio tower, or that big tower in Lavender town, of which's name escapes me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hope that it will include Kanto!
    This game will rule!!!!!!!!

It has been shown that Kanto will make a return. In the map provided on the first post as well shows Route 22 which is originall located in Kanto. Plus, I wouldn't have seen the reason for it not to be included as it was part of the original and can hold a lot for the remakes seeing the new features and locations and items we've gotten past the years. So, you're in luck.

Also, Johto never had as much water areas before, and now it does. For example, the new canals in Cianwood Island and the expansion of the Lake of Rage. Saying that Kyogre might be found here isn't hard to believe, however we'll see where it really is located after time, and the same with Groudon as well. There are new areas, new caves, and new water areas so a lot of things can be altered during travel.

Not to mention, some of these new areas added in will be a definite help in obtaining some of the newest TMs and items too. So, either it be a new area with a new feature from the originals, it may come in handy nonetheless. There is a lot of hidden potential through the map and the game though, so I would expect next month's release to reveal the Kanto map and maybe some more information on the new tower in Goldenrod and the new area next to the National Park.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well in Sapphire, he was in a small pond in an underwater cave wasn't he? At least a lake would be mopre dignifying. I personally think that a slightly rebuilt cinnibar Island could be a good place for groudon, and perhaps Seafoam Islands for Kyogre? Then Rayquaza could be aquired from, maybe the Goldenrod raqdio tower, or that big tower in Lavender town, of which's name escapes me.
    The lost tower is not in as its been replaced by a second radio tower in Kanto and the gym for Cinnibar is now in the seafoam islands so I doubt it.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    Oh yeah, I forgot!^^ It's beens o long since I've played on Silver. Do you think they'll do all that buisness with the powerplant? I hope not. I spent tedious, long hours trying to get my head round it.

There's one obvious bit that people seem to be missing. If you look closely at the sprout tower in Violet city, you can see that it is now accessed by a path along a lake or pond or something.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged the topic speculating the new area near Cianwood with the Johto discussion thread - after all, it belongs there.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Maybe Battle facilities will be spread out throughout Kanto and Johto, that could explain the new buildings next to the radio tower and the national park. It could mean that the battle tower has kept its place from crystal, as it does appear to have done from the zoomed in image somewhere in the PC. The new area west of Cianwood could be a new facility where battles take place on different terrain (highly unlikely and probably going to be a safari zone or pal park) the other facilities could be spread out in Kanto, maybe 2 or 3 of them? This is just an idea but it would be interesting as each facility would have its own personality.

In my opinion it would be a shame for "The great Sea Basin Pokemon" to not have to be dived for as that is the thing that i remember it for and what makes it unique. I think either HM or TM Dive should be reintroduced in order to catch it or the quest should involve some sort of submarine. (a bit extravagant, i know)

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
    the tower in goldenrod is most likely a gts while the building near national park a contest place.

west of ciniwood could be a safari, i don't really think a pal park is completely needed but it could be one.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Maybe Battle facilities will be spread out throughout Kanto and Johto, that could explain the new buildings next to the radio tower and the national park. It could mean that the battle tower has kept its place from crystal, as it does appear to have done from the zoomed in image somewhere in the PC. The new area west of Cianwood could be a new facility where battles take place on different terrain (highly unlikely and probably going to be a safari zone or pal park) the other facilities could be spread out in Kanto, maybe 2 or 3 of them? This is just an idea but it would be interesting as each facility would have its own personality.

In my opinion it would be a shame for "The great Sea Basin Pokemon" to not have to be dived for as that is the thing that i remember it for and what makes it unique. I think either HM or TM Dive should be reintroduced in order to catch it or the quest should involve some sort of submarine. (a bit extravagant, i know)

I really like your idea on having the battle facilities spread out through both of the regions. It really brings in the anime to influence the game.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    I had never thought of the contests being that little platform next to the National Park. But from the way its decorated, that makes sense. All i hope is that Kanto is not a resized mess of the Fr/Lg Kanto.*to GTS doubters* If you take a close look at the building to the west of Goldenrod and the one in Platinum, it looks exactly the same. Most maps in the game relocate buildings but in the same space provided in the original games: for example some of Olivine City's houses appear to have been relocated (the two that sat together north of the Glitter Lighthouse), but there is no new stretch of land where they sit. Plus, Saffron City would be too late in the game to get to a GTS, and because Goldenrod is pretty much the most modern you'll get in Johto, it would make sense to place it there. Is that thing near what appears to be the Goldenrod Department store a blimp? It sure looks like one. And oddly, the image of Glitter Lighthouse in the background of the Soul Silver box art is taller and paler than the lighthouse featured in the Johto region image. Was the background image from another Johto concept art? The two that did feature a lighthouse like that on the box art were not nearly as neat or showed proper perspective. That confused me.

Last edited:
    Years
    (2.) Below the clouds, you can clearly see a gatehouse leading up towards the void. This was present in Crystal (and led to the Battle Tower), but not in G/S.

Nice to see, after the female player incident, that they're not completely ignoring Crystal.

(1.) Curious how we have these six perfectly rectangular regions, each seemingly representing an element. Could the Leafeon/Glaceon stones be located here? Looking so artificial, it could also be a candidate for a Battle Frontier.

(6, 7, 8.) Glad to see Kanto's presence has been established beyond reasonable doubt.

And you failed to note that suspicious, orange place north of Ecruteak.

Back