• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Johto Map Discussion

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    Well thanks to everyone thanking the post hehe, and thanks for everyone who commented and posted and speculated too.
    I dont know about you guys but in the new HG SS video there is seen an image of a volcanic lava place, if you notice in the new place west of Cianwood city you can see a variety of different areas, one of them has a lava area, and by seeing the images of the video you can see trainers and sort of like mazes around, maybe the western Cianwood City part is like a Survival/Fight Area. However I also have the twitch that maybe the image is a new and improved Blackthorn City Gym... Who knows :o
    Official Johto Map Discussion

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
    Well in Sapphire, he was in a small pond in an underwater cave wasn't he? At least a lake would be mopre dignifying. I personally think that a slightly rebuilt cinnibar Island could be a good place for groudon, and perhaps Seafoam Islands for Kyogre? Then Rayquaza could be aquired from, maybe the Goldenrod raqdio tower, or that big tower in Lavender town, of which's name escapes me.

Groudon will most likely be obtainable by Cinnabar, and Kyogre by Cinnbar as well because of the place where sea foam used to be. Rayquaza, i dunno. I think the area left of Cianwood is an area for all of the minigames said to be in this game. Also, I don't know what people were thinking when they thought Hoenn would replace kanto. One its a remake, and two Kanto is connected to Johto and Hoenn is far away and so is Sinnoh.

Tailes

Nothing to see here
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2022
    A few small things I've noticed while zooming in with the browser:

1 - Just south of the Moo Moo Ranch (I think that's what it was called) is a small blue building which I don't remember in the originals. You have to look quite closely.

2 - The two small pools to the left of Ilex Forest. Those definitely weren't there before.

3 - The small island just above the Whirl Islands. It looks like the boundary for where the route ends, but maybe we could walk on it? Who knows...

4 - There's another island right where 6 is circled on the first post that I don't remember.

5 - I'm pretty sure Olivine City now has umbrellas. Nice.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    A few small things I've noticed while zooming in with the browser:

1 - Just south of the Moo Moo Ranch (I think that's what it was called) is a small blue building which I don't remember in the originals. You have to look quite closely.

2 - The two small pools to the left of Ilex Forest. Those definitely weren't there before.

3 - The small island just above the Whirl Islands. It looks like the boundary for where the route ends, but maybe we could walk on it? Who knows...

4 - There's another island right where 6 is circled on the first post that I don't remember.

5 - I'm pretty sure Olivine City now has umbrellas. Nice.

1. This was the Battle Tower introduced in Crystal, most likely now the Battle Frontier since that is definitely in the game.

2. They aren't part of the actual playable map.

3. Probably just a junk island like all the routes in Hoenn have.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    That is the beta goldenrod. In the proper version nothing was west of the radio tower. Now like in the beta something is there.

Sorry bout the double post:

Any guesses?

You can clearly see next to the GTS is indeed the Radio Tower. It is tall, black and to the right of the GTS and covers up the entrance to the UnderGround.

Also, anyone notice the new river from Ice Cave near Blackthorn, going all the way down near Newbark Town? I think Kyogre may be in Ice Cave, and Groudon is on Cinnabar Island's volcano. But it still doesn't explain the new stream...

Last edited:

Tailes

Nothing to see here
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2022
    1. This was the Battle Tower introduced in Crystal, most likely now the Battle Frontier since that is definitely in the game.

No. There is what looks a small shed with a blue roof in the bottom left corner of the Moo Moo Ranch field.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Just saw the pokemonathlon, but it was crashing badlyyy, it didn't really look how I thought it would, yuou made the pokemon jump over obstacles!

Also, showed you seeing red gyarados, and the hero was surfing on a dark blue shadow.....guess that's a no to having proper pokemon surfing overworlds! Too bad...

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
    I think that the GTS could possibly be in the Kanto region in Saffron and the minigame place by Goldenrod's Radio Tower. Also anybody thinks that National Park's left area is something new to enhance gameplay?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Seriously? The new building in Goldenrod is like 100 times larger than the newly announced mini game building. And, if you zoom in really closely in the area west of the National Park than you can notice the blue roof and other features of the new mini game building.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Seriously? The new building in Goldenrod is like 100 times larger than the newly announced mini game building. And, if you zoom in really closely in the area west of the National Park than you can notice the blue roof and other features of the new mini game building.
    Mostly this. I mean the new building could be a global terminal or gts but it would be strange if the pokethlon was wifi and it had no minigame area like the union room in platinum. I mean it would be that huge just for trading?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    yeah, or there could be totally new features just like the battle recorder in platinum and how you could check out each others boxes and stuff...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I think the racing is more of a contest replacer then anything seeing how it has an alternate clothing sprite for your character(note how gold doesn't have the hat he's supposed to have) their are 4 contestants and a judge.

Drone94

Squirtle Rules!!!
    Years
    The map looks great and it's good they are keeping kanto but what about Genaration 3 & 4 pokemon where would we find them?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Probably in the Safari Zone confirmed earlier. Maybe after you get the NatDex.

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    looks really nice. gonna be really exciting!

Back