• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There are so many different styles out there, and I just think it is a person's own personal preference on whether they like the new girl's style or not. For me, I like her with the overalls, and yeah the first though to me was country, but what can I say, it's what I grew up around while living in the area I used to. Still, some people would like her style, some won't, and some will just learn to deal.

Years
    who cares if she doesnt look like the female player in crystal?

i mean,they arent remaking crystal people...

and besides,is it really that big of a deal if she look different?

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I have the feeling that if the new girl {{who i will dub soul for the time being}} was the original

and they brought in Krys as the "new girl" you'd hate Krys instead because her outfit it terrible and her shorts are yellow or something

i love Soul, shes adorable
    Krys OKAY, {{IMHO her outfit is terrible >.>}}

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Can't we all just get along? Haha, besides, it's just a character in a game. Don't get me wrong- I absolutely love the main Pokémon games but a lot of people here are just hurling insults at eachother. It's quite ridiculous. Everyone knows that these games will be great games and those who disagree don't have to play! At least don't go around complaining about a game if you don't want to play it!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    who cares if she doesnt look like the female player in crystal?

i mean,they arent remaking crystal people...

and besides,is it really that big of a deal if she look different?

It's a remake of the 2nd gen Pokemon games as a whole, I believe.

Can't we all just get along? Haha, besides, it's just a character in a game. Don't get me wrong- I absolutely love the main Pokémon games but a lot of people here are just hurling insults at eachother. It's quite ridiculous. Everyone knows that these games will be great games and those who disagree don't have to play! At least don't go around complaining about a game if you don't want to play it!

I agree with this person. The one that posted this, no not that one, this one. Yes, this one. Let's just let it go. I can live with a new character, I've gotten used to the idea.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Hm... another thought hit me. doesn't Krys remind you a tiny little bit of claire? (last gym) with the blue hair and spiky ends... okay, well I guess that's all but its what I use to identify claire LOL. "The gym leader with light blue hair" sorry that was a little off topic so back on topic, do you think she would look better if they took out the pigtails?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Penumbra, get over yourself, don't you have something better to do than dissing people and trying to get in a verbal fight. I am certain I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Also don't talkz likez thiz when your dissing someone else's grammar, it does not make you look good. Try to stick to English the next time you feel someone else's writing is not good enough for you.

Now to the general topic which is, might I remind people, "So what if it's not Crystal". I think what they'll do is take the best part of Crystal, being the Battle Tower, and put it in. Maybe some other small things that were Crystal only. You didn't see Pikachu walking behind you in FR/LG did you?
    About the girl, I like her appearance. I think the overalls are cute and the mushroom hat is also original and cute. Her pigtails are adorable and she looks like a nice character.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I have the perfect(well to me at least) explanation why:

Exactly. She shares the name of a version that will not exist in this gen and shall never exist outside of its own gen. If they were to add her then technically they would need a 3rd version to make the name crystal make sense. I cannot believe I just noticed that....

So then I see it that is why no crystal. And seriously I have said this before. A crystal redesign would not fit with neo-gold while the new girl just does like she has been there all along.

Are you saying that since HeartGold and SoulSilver are Gold and Silver remakes respectively, and since there was no girl player in Gold and Silver before, that in the remakes there is one now? I didn't even think of that 'till I read your post...but now that I have, it makes perfect sense.

Like how Leaf was added in FireRed and LeafGreen because GameFreak, or whoever makes the games, couldn't fit her in Red/Blue/Green. :)

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Wow. It's amazing how we all beg for something, and then when we finally get it we still complain. xDDD

But anyway, now that I can make a reasonable guess as to why Crystal isn't in the remakes, I like this new girl. :D

Are we %100 sure she's replacing Crystal? She could be another Rival :/

Hmmm, good point. The games are still being made as we type....

Keep in mind that Pokémon and Mario are two of Nintendo's top selling franchises, so it shouldn't be a surprise if the characters have simliar appearances.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Yeah.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I'm actually quite okay with her outfit despite being me being a hardcore Kris fan. I personally think she looks kinda cute.

Kansai. couldn't remember the name. I'm not an expert on Japanese culture but I believe I remembering something about people from other areas and more populated, urban places sometimes perceiving people from Kansai as being uneducated bumpkins. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I read...
    No, you're right.

the overalls are adorable :>
    if i was alone in the middle of the wilderness with no-gooders running around, i wouldn't wear a skirt or short-shorts or whatever >:

she should wear pant-over-alls 8D

i would like to see a heroine with curly hair tho lD/has curly hair
    and with a more tomboyish design
    pants FTW >:U/hit

i would totally walk around outside in that outfit
    but im weird x3
    I agree. Pants are so much more awesome and better for adventuring. That's one of the huge reasons I prefer Kris over the rest of the girls, she wore a decent pair of shorts. Not a skirt, not short-shots. Regular shorts. I also agree on the tomboy comment. More reasons I loved Crys. I saw her portrayed this way. Back to the girl in discussion, I like her, even if she isn't Crys.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Because I feel the need to rant, and don't want to waste space on off topicness, have a "spoiler".

Spoiler:

Now, in my honest opinion, I don't dislike this new girl. I think her outfit is rather cute. While I agree that she isn't very Johto-esque as others have mentioned, I don't see much bad about her. Yes she isn't the female protagonist that I know and love, but that shouldn't prevent me from enjoying one of my favorite games. I have more important things to worry about for this game. As much as I'd like a Crystal revamp with Kris reappearing, I know it probably won't happen.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2009
    The weird big hat has always bothered me. if they remove it it would be fine.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    As much as I dearly love Kris, I can honestly say that I think this girl is cute. She can't replace Kris, but I'll survive. I'm a huge Kris fangirl, and I'm truly disappointed that they removed Kris. I want her back desperately, but I know she won't be. I also liked her all blue outfit. The new girl seems nice, but it'll be hard to adapt.

Years
    They specifically stated its a new girl though her name is unknown. When you chose the guy she plays a support role and if you choose her gold plays the support role.

I'm interested and worried at the same time about the "support role"...there was nothing like it in the original G/S, and I hope they find a way to incorporate it so that it will enhance the storyline rather than detract from it.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Despite the fact that I'm a little upset about Kris, I do really think the new girl is really cool. The clothes are fashionable (I see a lot of the dungarees/contrasting shirts in the shops here) and seriously? You're not going to see much of her design when she's an overworld sprite in the game, are you? >={

I bet if she WAS dressed like the other characters, you guys would complain she was unoriginal.

Also what's with all this angst about how she looks like a country girl? I will have you know I come from a farming family >=(

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Spoiler:

I think this piece of fanart does more justice to her.
    She looks like a very cute french girl instead of the countryside "farm" type girl here.

Back