• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Well I honestly don't care if Krys is in the game or not. As long as I have a female to play as, I don't care.

Besides, if you don't like the new girl, don't play as her. Simple as that.

Years
    It doesn't matter what her name is, because I'll be playing as her anyway. I'll name her after myself. (I'm surprised Leaf's default human name wasn't Ashley. :( Instead it was Suzie. Red's alternate default name was Ash, so I though Leaf should have been Ashley. My name is Ashley.)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Personally, even though there is no Crystal I can understand the concept why. Seeing as no female was ever placed in Gold and Silver original, and Kris came in afterwards, a new female might have made a better fit. Either way, I don't mind the new female and nor would I have mind if Kris was put in first.

However, the new female is really cute. Her overalls are something you don't always see every day and it simply gives her a style of her own. The long, extended socks are my only nitpick about her design, but after watching her OW sprite recently brought out her socks don't seem to be shown and the ribbon was brought out in great detail. Sugimori's art has improved over the years, and the new female is one of them. I don't think I'd crush her head against any truck, nor do I completely like her. Though, there is just this aspect of her that makes me interest her. I do see the combination of hair similarity with Kris, the brown appeal like May, and the similar collar of Leaf from FRLG, and I think it just gives the fans everything they might have enjoyed from the past female protagonists. Although she isn't perfect she isn't terrible, because I'm sure the art design for a new female player could have come out worse.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    I love her! I think it's a great design! :D She looks much better than the other strange blue haired girl from before XD Well, that's just my opinion >.>

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I also love the girl player, but I think she is a crystal revamp, something about her just gives me the same vibe as her...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I don't care if Kris was from Crystal she's still the Gen II female. Though I don't hate the new girl she's kind of cute and I'm a guy so I'll be Gold anyways.

I'm sure the female Pokemon fans are more upset about this.

dogz

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    Ugly

I think she is SOOOOOO UGLY
    ill never ever ever ever play as a girl in HG/SS
    (Throws Up)

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    I thoroughly dislike her. XDD;
    Doesn't matter much, I was always going to play as the male hero.

Years
    She looks European? Haven't seen people around here dressing like that..
    I think she looks alright, a bit too innocent for me I guess. Stereotype happy girl.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    I never liked Crystal. I hated R/S/E/FR/LG's female sprites. D/P's female sprite was ok. I love this new one. :3 The over-alls look good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Personally, even though there is no Crystal I can understand the concept why. Seeing as no female was ever placed in Gold and Silver original, and Kris came in afterwards, a new female might have made a better fit. Either way, I don't mind the new female and nor would I have mind if Kris was put in first.
    Actually there was a both a male and a female protoype character that were originally suppose to be the playable characters Pokemon Gold and Silver and their image is shown on the Bulbagarden website under the 'Current event: HeartGold and SoulSilver' under the topic title 'Scrapping Kris for Soul'. I did not want to show them without permission so I did not display them.

I am not trying to say that the girl is Kris because I do not know myself, but I do see that they do resemble each other to some extinct or at least that is the way I see it. I notice some similarities such as the girl character wearing a red shirt like Kris. Yes I know that Kris did not wear overall shorts, but Gold did not wear dark brown shorts in the original version either and his shorts wear a different style as well. Either this could be a new character they created it or the writers could take extra steps in redesigning female character than they do male characters. Also Red had brown hair and brown eyes in FRLG despite not having it in RGBY. The girl's hairstyle is similar to Kris but not the same. It does not surpise though since Gold's hairstyle was slighty alter because in the original version it tend to stick up more and Silver's hairstyle has been alter to some extent as well. Again I am not trying to prove that this is a redesign I am just keeping my mind opened to the fact that it could possibly be a redesign of Kris though I think their is a possibly that this girl could be based indirectly on Kris as well just like Lucas was somewhat based off of Red even though they were not the same character.

Last edited:

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    I seriously miss Krys. She was one of my favorite characters, and I don't know why Gold remains and this fruit replaces Krys.
    When I heard about this remake, I was super excited, and then I saw this thing where Krys should be.
    D:

...But I sort of like the trendy outfit.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    You have no idea how I squealed with delight upon seeing the female character being used as the player instead of the male. Her hat looks so detailed and her twintails look really cute from the back and side (although a bit large from the front). Has anyone ripped her sprites yet?

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Now.... about the new girl.... is it just me or did Mario get a SEX CHANGE?!?!

Years
    Ram her in the face!
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion
    <3
    The new girl looks like a female version of Mario... >.>

~Ryu

Back