• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    (If you read the spoiler, you'd know I was kidding. XD) I never hated this new character and I'm happy we have someone new to play as in Johto. I like the pigtails, it makes the hat appear smaller, and it balances out. If I didn't like this character, I wouldn't have placed them in this sig.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Has Anyone even considered the possibility that soul is a freakin revamp of kris?!?! I thought her Hair was a dead givaway and She still has a hat though it has been enlarged.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

This has been discussed for quite awhile, but it was really dropped as most [not all] agreed that the new female is someone new rather than being a revamped make of Kris from Crystal. The reason why is because just because similar hair is involved doesn't mean the preson has to be the same, as I can have my hair how it is now and the person next door to me can have it the exact same way and we still aren't the same person. So, relating the hair isn't the best of arguments to say the new female is Kris remade. As the new girl also has similar features from the past girls of Hoenn and Sinnoh as well. Also, if you note the collar of Leaf from FRLG, you'll see it matches that of Soul's collar too. So, it has been thought of, but is unlikely.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    If they keep on revamping them then that will mean the next Pokemon game will have some sort of feature from Soul.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Hey guys :D
    I made a stamp and some avatars of Heart, they're in my sig.
    If you want to use them you can.

I'm really excited to play as her~ I hope we get a front sprite and trainer sprite soon.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I don't see any problems with her, i think she looks fine. It is an interesting, unique design. Although I plan on getting HG first and to be the male character, in soul silver I plan on being the girl.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    hmm, well, she doesn't look bad, its just that when I played Gold and Silver at first, I was of course stuck being Gold, and I was a guy so I was fine with that, but when Crystal came out, I wasn't used to the female feature, it was all to new for me, so I picked her thinking this might suck, but she was awesome, and i never started over and played as Kris for 10 years, so yeah it sucks she is gone, but who knows, maybe they will add Kris as a event in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, that would be pretty cool... Just in my opinion though, some would also call that a tease. lol

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    It took me a few minutes and some staring and indescribable expressions. I got used to her within a few moments later. Its not like she'll disappear, she'll be there forever, and we all have to warm to her sometime or another, or perhaps never.
    She is on my so-so pending list. Nothing special nor worthless.

Years
    Arrrgh, that Kris lovers annoy me to no end >_> (never liked the mangaversion....the gamecounterpart was pretty )
    I liked Dawn (the game version) and her girlish look also, as well as Platinas pink dress (don't burn me for that >_< )
    And I think her overworld spite looks very cute and unique, the hat with the bow is adorable.

It's not a crystal remake, damnit ><
    I mean, we don't really know hat much about her besides her appearance, we have no manga or anime version yet. Just hating her is stupid (of course one can hate het looks, but hating her? Some people overdo it)
    Anyway, I don't like her all that much, I have to play her and to read more about her to get to like her as a character. But I'd say it's a good start, she looks very cute and unique. I'm fine with that for now.

I know! It's not a Crystal one, but Kris/Marina is the second generation female character...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Soul (that's her name, BTW) is just Kris with a different hair color and different tastes in fashion. AND ONE THAT ACTUALLY APPEARS IF YOU'RE A BOY.

Her name wasn't confirmed to be Soul, but this is just what a majority of people call her to be as nothing else with her besides her sprite and art has shown up. However, I disagree; I highly doubt that this new female has any relation to Crystal what so ever. Like many have said, just because her hair looks similar, doesn't mean she is the same person. People try to stress this out all the time, but others don't realize that more than one person can have similar features, but it doesn't mean you are the same as the one next to you. Also, Soul couldn't be Kris, as she shares similar features from the past generation girls as well. For example, the shirt color matches that of Leaf's from FRLG. The hair color and eye design matches that of May from RSE. The hair style matches Kris, and then there is her own style twisted in as well. So, it is a basic mix for the new female, sharing something that others like from the past. It is just a new girl, in the remakes because Gold and Silver never had female protagonist, which makes perfect sense to me. Although, I am quite satisfied because now whichever character you play as the other plays a supporting role. So, it'll be quite nice to see how it all works it with the basic plot of the game.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Pretty enough for me. But 'Soul'? o.O Surely she has another name...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    She probably will have a different name. In RSE May and Brendan weren't called Sapphire and Ruby, and in DPPt Lucas and Dawn weren't called Diamond and Pearl, so she'll probably be called a "normal" name rather than go along with a version name.

I think the new girl looks more like Leaf with colored contacts than Kris. But as I said before.. I don't hate her, I just like Kris more ;x

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I want crys!!! When I first saw this new girl I was like What? No! I liked crys and her blue hair...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    She probably will have a different name. In RSE May and Brendan weren't called Sapphire and Ruby, and in DPPt Lucas and Dawn weren't called Diamond and Pearl, so she'll probably be called a "normal" name rather than go along with a version name.
    But HG/SS aren't mainstream games like RSE are. They're remakes, like FRLG are. And in FRLG, the guy was called Red and the girl was called Leaf. Firered, Leafgreen.

So Gold and Soul would only make sense. Heartgold and Soulsilver.

Actually, I don't see how nobody has noticed this, but in that one magazine scan (not Coro Coro, the one that's in English), they show Gold's Pokégear's screen, and in the corner there's a button that says "Soul". So, yeah... it's looking good that her name is Soul.

Back