• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • I don't mind the new girl. She looks age appropriate, and she has almost the same hair color as me. (Something I've wanted for quite a while.)

However, if there were some alterations to her outfit to make others happy... here's what I'd do.
    1. Remove the socks and shoes. Give her new Gold's shoes.
    2. Make the hat a little bit smaller.
    3. Remove the top part of her overalls and give her a black (or blue) jacket that is open where you can still see the red shirt. Keep the shorts.
    4. Attach a string to the Pokegear and place it around her neck similar to a necklace.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wonder if they were to name her if they would stick to something close to Kristal's? At least I wonder if they might start it with a 'C' or 'K.'

Freeziepop

lulztastic
    Years
  • I do like the hair design better than Kris', but overall it's a failure in my eyes. Those overalls... Ugh. I'm sorry, but those are hideous. I don't care how 'country' Johto is, the overalls just bother me.

I'm disappointed that Kris has been changed so much/completely replaced, but I'll live. I'll just play as Kenta instead.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I am sure it could be something close to Crystal's name. Or maybe just some thing totally far from it.

For all we know it might be Heart, but we still have to get some more news about the girl.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I do like the hair design better than Kris', but overall it's a failure in my eyes. Those overalls... Ugh. I'm sorry, but those are hideous. I don't care how 'country' Johto is, the overalls just bother me.

I'm disappointed that Kris has been changed so much/completely replaced, but I'll live. I'll just play as Kenta instead.

Even though you dislike her, I compliment you on the way you handled things. You stated what you didn't like, left it as that, and then decided to choose the other character instead. Very nice.

I like her look though, and hopefully the next CoroCoro scans will show more of her sprite in the games. I'm sure they might shrinken the hat then, or else we'll see a large brown spot for her OW sprite.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • For example, with Dawn, I believe she is Pearl in the Manga, but because of the anime being such a strong influence on her they mostly call her Dawn.

It's Platina (Platinum), I think. Same difference. Anyway, I'm willing to bet a large amount of money she's going to get a name even WORSE than Brendan! :/ Maybe her defualt name will be some sort of strange pun on heart...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I must say, would we do better than nintendo on making the Johto girl character? I don't really think so.

I mean yeah they could've done better at their stage but they have other things to do too.

Don't get me wrong some of the things about her are just way out of the question but she still looks like a cute little farm girl.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The issue is not with what is missing, but who. We remember Kris as a milestone for the Pokemon series, when a choice between genders became an option. She also looked as if she belonged in the Johto region, it felt right. Not to say that the new female won't do the same, it's just that many l,myself included, ooked forward to seeing Kris in a new game.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    The issue is not with what is missing, but who. We remember Kris as a milestone for the Pokemon series, when a choice between genders became an option. She also looked as if she belonged in the Johto region, it felt right. Not to say that the new female won't do the same, it's just that many l,myself included, ooked forward to seeing Kris in a new game.

^this

they destroyed her. the hair, the lack of hat, EVERYTHING.

if they have the temerity to make her "real" name Kris, I'll be mad.

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I love her, I'm gettin' Gold so I'll be playing as her.
    Whilst my friend plays as the boy in Silver.
    I personaly agree with the idea that the girls name is Heart and the boys soul
    Just makes more sense.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Should have been this girl, but w/e.

Kris felt like a last minute "Oh, I'm bored enough, let's stick her in" addition to Crystal.
    Being a girl changed nothing, the NPCs acted like you were still Gold. (The fact that in Celadon gym, they tell Kris that "only girls are allowed in here" made me roll around laughing)
    She wasn't bad, but all this sudden hype about her is ridiculous.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • I do like the hair design better than Kris', but overall it's a failure in my eyes. Those overalls... Ugh. I'm sorry, but those are hideous. I don't care how 'country' Johto is, the overalls just bother me.

How country is Johto? Wow, it has ONE farm with about 6 cows. ¬¬; Yeah, country. Besides unless she's from a family of farmers I don't think anyone wears overalls. :P
    *of course I think it's adorable...*

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Sincerely to me of the initial characters of the games it doesn't care a lot of it.

Years
  • Well...it is out west. ;) West of Kanto that is. Think of Kanto as Europe and Johto as Texas. LOL.

I know little girls (age 10) who wear overalls much like the new girl. Even my cousin who is 2 wears overalls and he is a boy. They sell them at Walmart. (When I say them, I mean overalls not little children. hahaha) I guess it does make sense for her to wear overalls since it is the west. Maybe us northern folk should stop being so stereotypical, y'all.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Should have been this girl, but w/e.

That girl is Blue, she was in Pokemon FR/LG as the female lead.

This is Kris (Crystal)

btw, sudden hype? A lot of people were psyched to see her appear in Crystal. I know I was. She was a great addition and had her own part in the manga. (Somehting this new girl had not).

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • That girl is Blue, she was in Pokemon FR/LG as the female lead.

This is Kris (Crystal)

btw, sudden hype? A lot of people were psyched to see her appear in Crystal. I know I was. She was a great addition and had her own part in the manga. (Somehting this new girl had not).

No, no, no. ¬¬; What Poliwagged meant was that the brown haired girl (is she Blue or Green, stupid 'partner version' nonsense!?) was supposed to be in RBY but was axed due to problems with the game card. She was supposed to be the first girl, so they reworked her FR/LG.

Years
  • All the Kris fanboys and girls really need to get over it. Fast. So what if she isn't the female player character in HGSS? Big deal. If you've formed that big an emotional attachment to a 27x55 block of pixels there's probably something wrong with you.

Cue -reps. 8D "OMGG U MEANIE I LUFFS CRISTUL"

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    No, no, no. ¬¬; What Poliwagged meant was that the brown haired girl (is she Blue or Green, stupid 'partner version' nonsense!?) was supposed to be in RBY but was axed due to problems with the game card. She was supposed to be the first girl, so they reworked her FR/LG.

Now i understand.

But I still have a problem with this new girl, it's like they took away an old friend and replaced her with a new face thinking we wouldn't notice.

Back