• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    I didn't vote because there was no option for "she's ok".

At least her design is better than Dawn's. I swear, I never want to see another pleated skirt on a main character again.

And the outfit is interesting. I just wish they had not replaced Crystal with this STRANGER. Ah well, I'll get used to her I suppose.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I'm quite shocked that they replaced Crystal, sweeties. =/

I prefer Crystal really because of the nostalgia attached to her, this new trainer is just a new trainer. =/

Years
    Ahaha, the instant I saw this new protagonist I knew people would have such a love/hate relationship with her seeing as Crystal has been debunked for this remake. She wasn't particularly my favourite female playable character, so it's something I don't actually mind.

Incidentally, I actually like seeing new characters and their somewhat fresh designs, and while we've all been looking forward to a GS remake while it was still considered a rumour and high demand. But now that we finally have it, it's better to just enjoy everything that it provides, including any new characters, or if not...you'll get used to it. Probably would be easier done when you actually play the game.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Well, most people are going to use their own name, right?
    Anyway, Heart? It's not that bad. Just a little... different.
    I can think of loads of last names that would be funny with 'Heart'.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Where did you read his name is Gold?

His name has been Gold for years, in the games, as well as in the manga series.

Either way, they'd better not change his name for this release, because if for some reason the female becomes 'Silver', then his name would have to be 'Heart'. xD;

(Maybe next there will be 'Wind Ruby', and 'Earth Emerald!' 8D)

& Why is Pokemon starting to sound like Captain Planet? D:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The player had a name bestowed to them if you didn't imput a name (just went straight to 'END' or whatever the option was to confirm the name you chose), hence why...
    Silver is the redhead's name anyway. Assuming they didn't cut him too ;__;
    Silver's name is kinda taken already. And for the record, one can see Silver in the short movie that was released on Pokemon Sunday of the player walking in New Bark Town.

They might go and update names though, if they wanted, but generally, the red-haired rival in GSC who is back in HG/SS is Silver, and the male trainer is known to many as Gold.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    He looks like Gold, so I think it's safe to assume that he is Gold. Also, Red's name wasn't changed in the remakes, so why would it change in these games?

Its Gold with new Style :D , I agree with you . They wont change his name since they didnt change Red,s name in the remakes.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Um...thats actually TRUE.

Actually, I think it was the Shoryuken. Same concept though.

I don't think that Heart or Soul would be bad names, as long as they don't call her Kris.
    Chances are that they will name her something completely different if she'll play a part in the story though (Dawn/Lucas).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I think her name will be soul since it fits her more.
    But her name may not be Soul Or Heart,Maybe another name?

Same with Gold maybe they will change his name.

Years
    Chances are that they will name her something completely different if she'll play a part in the story though (Dawn/Lucas).

I agree with this. Since the character you don't pick will become an NPC in this game, they'll have to give each of them some sort of default name.

I kind of like the name Heart. I think it would suit the female character more than the male (I can't really picture that guy being called "Heart").

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Sorry, I just had to say something. At the very least, he sprite should look better than May's in RSE, right? O.o May was ugly.... But the character design of Dawn looks better, in my opinion. idk why. Maybe I don't like the pigtails >

Years
    Sorry, I just had to say something. At the very least, the sprite should look better than May's in RSE, right? O.o May was ugly.... But the character design of Dawn looks better, in my opinion. idk why. Maybe I don't like the pigtails >

I agree with you about May and Dawn. (Even though I don't wear pigtails anymore, I think the new girl's pigtails are kinda nice.) I prefer the lighter hair color over blue anyway. I'd like to say this, though...Finally! The new girl and I have almost the same hair color. It kinda looks like a strawberry blond. (Not reddish, but strawberry blond.) I just see the new girl as a younger version of me. She is ten after all, and not a teenager. (I think some people forget that she's 10.) When I was in 3rd/4th grade, I wore an outfit similar to the new girl's for picture day. It was a dress, but similar to the new girl's outfit. The outfit is age appropriate imo.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    With the new girl, they made her really match an actual person. Not one who is born with blue hair or whatever. They gave her normal clothes that someone might wear and not a overly short skirt. Plus, I think they put on a good fashion style for her to be in the Johto.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    On the other hand, Crystal DID belong to Crystal. :x

I guess that COULD be a reason, but honestly, I think Ken Sugimori just didn't feel comfortable with Crystal. His drawing style has evolved since he created her, so it's possible that he made a new girl since she would fit with his new style better.

Back