• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I like it and I think she is cute. I don't know what it is, but she stands out more that Crystal does in my own opinion.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't mind her. I think that she has potential to be great and that she will be, but I still think they should've kept Kris.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    To all of those replying negatively to my opinion:

Get a grip, it's what I think. I'm not asking that you think the same way. Someone asked a question that I could answer, so I did.

I never said she wouldn't be great, I think she will be. I just really wished that Kris was kept in as the female character seeing as how this was her game.

Heart (or whatever her name is) looks like she'll be a great protagonist, but this is a remake of the GSC series, and Kris should've returned. They could've saved this new girl for a new game where she would fit in more. She looks nothing like a Johto character in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    i like her, although she kinda looks like a cowgirl, but i like the old one batter,so i say she is no, and to the old one, yes

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    I would DEFINITELY like her better if her design was different. Although, the big hat is awesomeness. I don't like her outfit, with the overalls and her shirt sleeves are not very good looking. I also wish her hair was different, like maybe not in pigtails or a different color. Still, I would like if the big hat stayed. It's Kawaii ^^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Wouldn't change my opinion of her. I like her very much, a nice change.

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I was supprised when i first went to serebii and say the new trainers and crystal wasnt there but I dont really mind.
    It seems like only the manga fans really care.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    By "different" do you mean "more like Kris"? :P

I kid, I kid. That's a big reason for why I originally disliked her, but after I got used to the fact that she isn't Kris... I still don't like her.

Yeah, if she looked better, I'd definitely like her more. But whoever said she looks like Mario hit it dead-on. A skinny female Mario. The blimp-hat and ugly overalls just don't do a thing for me--and yes, I realize the overalls are supposed to be stylish, I've seen girls that wear the "fashionable" overalls, but I don't think the "fashionable" overalls are cute in real life, either.

When I first saw her, I was all ready to give up on her all together and just go with the male character, but realized I wouldn't have to stare at that hideous stock art throughout the game. I'll at least wait until we see her overworld sprite to determine if it looks as bad as the stock art does. If not, maybe I'll play as her and just avoid ever looking at her trainer card. Ever. If it does look about the same, I'll just have to "crossdress" as Gold for the duration of the game. :P

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Her hat sucks I would like her a lot more if she didn't have that hat

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    No, son. You shut up and drive (away).
    That's really nice of you.

Do you all understand what you're saying? How the hell
    can she get any better?
    Who says that she's going to get better? They only released about five clips of the game! Also, out of those quotes that you quoted, I never seen one who remarked that this girl will get any better.

All that's used to determine someone
    like her is looks and appearances. That is it.
    So, if you walk by one day and I happen to not like how and what you dress, would you feel comfortable when I ridicule you?

BECAUSE THEY HAD A FREAKING PERSONALITY IN THE ANIME,
    AND THEY ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE THEY'RE FROM POKEMON.
    It's only your opinion that she doesn't look like she's from Pokémon. She hasn't even made an appearance in the anime yet.

This girl's life is her looks. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure
    the new girl won't say anything in the game due to the fact that
    she's a player. Also, if she's your co-rival/assistant thing, she'll
    most likely have only a few lines of text throughout the whole game,
    and it won't deviate from the fact that it's almost exactly like what
    Gold would have said if you chose the Girl as you're player.. I doubt
    this girl will be appearing in the anime, so all we have to evaluate her
    is her appearance. So far, it's failing.
    Again, judging someone by his/her looks. Again, if you happen to wear something I don't like, would I say that you are restricted from a certain place?

I've never seen the protagonist of any game say anything before, other than telling someone his/her name.

Years
    Well it's not like this is the first time that a character isn't a exactly a fashion model. The artists drawing these characters aren't fashion designers. They just make characters in the games. They probably didn't want her to look that much better than Dawn. By the way, crop tops, turtlenecks, spandex, blue socks with white shoes, red/yellow together aka McDonald's colors, red/pink together, blue hair, red suspenders with a yellow shirt, bowl shaped haircuts...aren't very stylish either. However, I commend them for at least trying, though. These characters are supposed to be 10 years old. Hopefully, the sprites look better than the artwork. For a Pokemon character, the new girl is pretty, despite the outfit. However, I would never wear the outfit she picked out. Maybe the shirt, though, but with jeans instead of overalls. I accept the new girl and I'm not going to bash her. That wouldn't feel right for me to pick on a 10 year old for her fashion choices when I don't even know her personality.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    This is true too.

Isn't Johto supposed to be the most technologically advanced region? Why would they have ranch girls running around?

Actually, I believe that every other region is more technically advanced than Johto.
    For example every region except Johto has a technological giant. Kanto has Silph, Hoenn has Devon, and Sinnoh has the Poketch/Jubilife station, as well as GTS lol.
    The magnet train, while in also Johto, is managed and powered in Kanto.

The most technology Johto has is probably the Radio tower lol.

By "different" do you mean "more like Kris"? :P

I kid, I kid. That's a big reason for why I originally disliked her, but after I got used to the fact that she isn't Kris... I still don't like her.

Yeah, if she looked better, I'd definitely like her more. But whoever said she looks like Mario hit it dead-on. A skinny female Mario. The blimp-hat and ugly overalls just don't do a thing for me--and yes, I realize the overalls are supposed to be stylish, I've seen girls that wear the "fashionable" overalls, but I don't think the "fashionable" overalls are cute in real life, either.

When I first saw her, I was all ready to give up on her all together and just go with the male character, but realized I wouldn't have to stare at that hideous stock art throughout the game. I'll at least wait until we see her overworld sprite to determine if it looks as bad as the stock art does. If not, maybe I'll play as her and just avoid ever looking at her trainer card. Ever. If it does look about the same, I'll just have to "crossdress" as Gold for the duration of the game. :P

Well they managed to make Dawn and Lucas actually visually decent in D/P (and espicially in PT) as opposed to their ugly art...so...

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    I dont think Dawn's art is ugly... T.T my opinions are always diffrent from other peoples, its sad. Even if there was no Krys or female in the GSC games, I still wouldn't like this girl's esign though Dawn's was better.

Edit: When was Johto not technologically advanced? They have cities and stuff dont they? Just because of the Milktank farm? *confused* And even if they are least advancesd, they aren't evactly fit the new girl's clothes.

Back