• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Not only do I like some of her looks, but I also like the way she poses. It's unique and different from the rest I think.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • The way she poses? OMG! Thank you! I kept looking at the girl to figure out what it was that I didn't like about her besides the hair (since the hat is awesome and clothes are ok)... and now I realize its the way she poses. The pose makes her look like more of a "girly" person. How she's standing with her body a little to the side and all... I like the new Gold's pose XD.
    NOTE: Why is it that everyone keeps INSISTING that the only reason people don't like the girl is because she's replacing Krys?? I have never ever played the original Gold, Silver, OR Crystal Versions and I don't like her. It's not that I MISS Krys, its just that I think Krys' design is better (well, mostly her top, hair and shoes. I would like if they kept that part of Krys and put the new girl's shorts and AWESOME hat). If you don't fully understand someone's reasons please don't insult their opinion because I think its a little bit rude... ^^ no offence to anyone, this wasn't meant to sound mean and sorry if it did. XD

exteradude

When Gold and Silver came out, there was no female option. Pokemon Crystal eventually introcuced Kris, the first female character option in the series.

Think about it this way. Kris wasn't in G/S, but was introduced in Crystal Version. This theory may be a tad on the "woah, wait, what?" side, but...

What if the female character in HG/SS is a character that will be changed to Kris if Nintendo creates a remake of Crystal? [Remember - IF. Not when, this is a neutral proposition so don't flame me about this."

So that would mean that... whoever that new girl is... will represent herself as an add-in to Gold/Silver [Because they never had a Female Option], and Kris could be introduced into a remake of crystal?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes the way she poses makes her look girly a little bit. The way she looks kind of reminds me of a farm girl and the touch of her pose makes it look even more better for some reason. I don't see how she is so girly as I found Dawn a bit girly more than this new girl.

exteradude

I agree - Dawn is 10x girlier. Why would a girl walk up a large snowy mountain WHILE WEARING A SKIRT? Shorts seem a little better. Just a tiny bit.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'll get every son of a ... if they want to ram Soul in the head. I like Soul... nah, I'm her fanboy...?

exteradude

Personally, I like both. The both of them are original in their own ways.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Crystal has her style, and "Soul" I shall call her or "Heart" whichever, has her own style. I like them both, and I wouldn't have minded which way they went when adding in the female protaganist.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Personally, I like both. The both of them are original in their own ways.

I agree. Also, the new girl has this unique style. I don't know how many people would agree, but in my opinion I think her outfit brings back the nostalgia feel for the Johto region. After all, the Johto is kind of like a country region.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Country or not, the new female looks great paired up with Gold. I mean they look like they are complete opposites, but then they look like they can be mates for life. I don't know, but Nintendo or GameFream did a good job with her in my opinion.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • o.O didn't you all just establish that Johto was more industrialized?? *is verrrry confused* wth? Is Johto Country or Industrialized? Personally, I think its some of each (like the US-or even a state in it has parts w/ lots of cities and parts w/ less)

exteradude

Kind of both. There are the massive, beautiful farmlands that surround the outskirts, and the wonderful, towering buildings of the big city. [Goldenrod FTW, by the way.]

Having both of these types of places and tying them up perfectly with each-other is one great thing about Gold and Silver.

I do love how the characters dress farm-like. You look at them and you get this nostalgic warm feeling.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They say Johto has a more western effect, but with the new graphics it makes it seem more industrialized. Anyway, the question that drifts in my head is...How did they think up this new girl?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They say Johto has a more western effect, but with the new graphics it makes it seem more industrialized. Anyway, the question that drifts in my head is...How did they think up this new girl?

Well maybe they wanted to add a country looking girl this time. To tell you the truth Crystal was a bit more stylish to be in a country like the Johto region.

I like the way how the overalls could match the Johto region so perfectly.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    She looks like a country bumpkin who got inspred by Super Mario. I hate her but it certainly is fresh. It just adds to the whole Johto being a bit boring though. I cant get "farmer" out of my head.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    D8 *Collapses on the ground, crying* WHY, KRIS, WHY? ;~; I miss Kris... Replaced with this... this... abomination....

... Okay, so she's not completely atrocious. She just looks like a REALLY ditzy schoolgirl.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    I can tell why half of you guys don't really like her.

Yea, she may seem like the new Dawn. But, give her a chance.

Give them credit. She's pretty cute.

Years
  • They say Johto has a more western effect, but with the new graphics it makes it seem more industrialized. Anyway, the question that drifts in my head is...How did they think up this new girl?

Maybe this picture gave them the idea...?

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/NrllAless/blog/mine/cameron-diaz-overalls.jpg

^Her overalls are somewhat similar to the New Girl's...

Maybe they made the sprite first, then they drew the concept art? I kinda wish we could see the sprite to see if people like it better than the artwork, but I don't mind waiting.

Personally, I think the overalls would fit in.

These are the original trainer sprites:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy/pokegs/sheet/9100

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I'm SURE her OW sprite will look so much
    better than the art. Her big-%%% hat will be
    covering her whole body, anyways..

And also, I don't know what language any of you
    are speaking.. Marina and Chris looked
    PERFECTLY JOHTO. This girl looks like she
    parachuted out of the "5th Gen Airlines!".

Who cares if Johto is Neutralized, Centralized,
    Industrialized, Realized, Farmified, Countryriffic,
    or Deep Fried None of that really matter due to the
    fact that she looks nothing like a Johto heroin!
    Marina fit the part perfectly. The signature goggles..
    that cap... the blue hair that falls up, not down..
    Not only did she look like she was FROM Johto,
    she looked like she WAS Johto. They
    were a perfectly blended couple.. And now, when they
    add in that Soul/Heart/Spade/Diamond girl.. They
    added her in, just when they decide she's also going
    to be an NPC when you choose the boy!?!?

Why must be lose either way..
    We choose the girl, we play her through the whole story
    and get jealous of Gold's better looks..
    We choose the boy, we experience the torcher of having
    to play along with her, and get taunted and tormented
    by the fact that this girl could have been Kris/Marina..

Why Game Freak? Why!?

It's not that she looks bad or anything.. Well yes,
    she does look weird compared to the other Girls..
    but she isn't THAT awful. It just seems like she's
    from Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh or something.. T_T

Back