• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    JESUS....

Of course that's just your opinion about her though.

OH HERE WE GO....
    Why is it any time you say something "sucks/"rules" around someone who disagrees, they try to validate their taste in w/e by reminding you that you still only speak for yourself, as if their opinions are in jeopardy of being monopolized by your own. Everyone already knows it's his opinion by virtue of the fact that HE said it.
    -Maddox

I have seen this issue ever since the new updated art for the character cropped up and quite frankly, it needs to end. Everyone around here has been (basically) harassed by others who "disagree" with their opinions on a female choice. Hell, there's a complaint thread and people are still getting harassed over any and all issues they have with the game (Personally im quite annoyed at Flash trying to constantly rebuke every opinion I have had with these games thus far). This thread is titled " [Official New Girl Thread] Love? Hate? Wanna ram face in with an 8 wheel truck?", not "[Official New Girl Thread] Rebuke and annoy the hell out of everyone that does not like the design".

If a thread is asking anonymous users their opinions on anything, I shouldn't have to be pressured into typing "thats just my opinion" in order to ensure that everyone knows im not stating my opinion as a fact. People should have the common sense to ACKNOWLEDGE its our opinions. If everyone has to spell it out for you, then god help you. No we can't assume you know we aren't stating it as opinions, but for god's sake, everyone acts like anything you post is fact. Im sorry is this gamefaqs?

You can have your own opinions, you can disagree. But for god's sake, everyone that states that they do not like the designs or w/e in this game are not people to look down upon. People are actually confronting everyone that says one negative friggin thing with this game, its beyond belief. If a person doesn't like graphical tiles, then let him be. Calling him a fanboy or nostalgia whore based on ONE SENTENCE is god awful, and THAT should be frowned upon.

*sigh* I dont apologize for my outburst, because this is sickining for the fact that no one can come here, voice an overall simplistic viewpoint on anything without being opposed on every damn occasion. I dont want to believe that everyone is THIS insecure about anything in a video game.

Last edited:

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    That's a no-no.
    Blue hair ftw

and Crystal has black hair in the manga

The Red Chain

Since when does the manga matter to the games?

It doesn't, it's just that the inspiration for the new girl's design could have possibly come from Crystal in the manga. [Well, her hair at least.]

Last edited:
    Years
    While I don't really like her, and I would have prefered that they just gave Krys a slight makeover like with Gold, she seems to fit in with the other 4th gen trainers. And besides, my opinion might change. I used to hate Lucas/Diamond and Dawn/Pearl, but now I think they're awesome.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    lol fair point:

Spoiler:

I am SO glad that Soul's super-cuter! But they barely look similar... Strawberry Shortcake looks a little too creepy...
    Then again, now that I look at it, Soul's eyes almost seem like they're peering into your soul... Coincidental???

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what, the more I think about it, it is true how the manga does bring in ideas for the games. I think that Soul could have been formed by the many different aspects of May, Kris, and Dawn. I like her more or less, but I think she carries her own weight on her shoulders, but still oustands no less.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is true, in some parts of Europe she just may have that look. It is simply a matter of looking outside the box.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To me her overalls and the hat just match so well. The bow was such a nice touch that went along with the shirt under the overalls. To me I like how she is, and at least she has clothes that match.

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    Britain + Belgium =/= the rest of europe

you do know that there's more in europe than britain and belgium right?

Yes i am aware of other countries.

Spoiler:

and some other territories which I cannot pull from the top of my head, I'm only 14 XD

I live in the UK, we have a geographical teaching system that teaches us about what's outside of our own country....

I justified my opinions, and i have seen a lot of tourism in places such as Canterbury, Dover and London and know many people from many different regions of the world, and not many wear overalls. Hell, i'm even studying leisure and tourism at school. I'm talking the majority, not the minority.

Like my opinion or not, it does not matter. i have a right to that opinion. I'm not saying that you think I'm wrong or right, i'm saying its my opinion ok?

I think it'll look better and different when it's in the game though, and Pokemon-Gameified...
    I also think if her clothing was gold/silver, it would look so much better, and fit in with the game better.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For all we really know, seeing as Pokémon is more based of of Japan, then perhaps they got the overall thought from a current trend in Japan at the moment that we may or may not know about.

dragpyre

Years
    It's based off regions in japan, so I believe.

I still think the colours of the hero/heroine's clothes should be Gold/Silver.

That would just go so well

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For me, personally, if the female turned out Gold and Silver, I don't think I would have fancied her as much as I do now. I would think it would be a bit overdone for the game.

dragpyre

Years
    I don't mean like "in your face" colours, just subtle stuff that would blend in with the game more.

The pink phone is quite ugly in my opinion, though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The phone she has on her bag is the new look of the PokeGear. =D

Anyway, a mild use of Gold and Silver for Heart or Soul [whichever you would like to call her] would be okay, but it seems like what's done is done...For now.

dragpyre

Years
    They could pull back the release date though just to make minor adjustments.

Imagine if the ideas for the new games on PC was the basis Nintendo uses XD.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well seeing as the game is still being worked on, the female might have a slight chance of adjustments, but I wouldn't put my bet on it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Adding some adjustments to the girl would be cool, but they won't do it. I actually am getting used to her and at least for me, the socks are not that noticeable because they actually match her outfit.

Back