• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    i want to know quite badly which one will have sleazel & his evolution... cause i must have that one...

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Godfather said:
    For Screenshots n info on Pokemon Pearl and Diamond.. i found that this was the most helpful site.. pokemonelite2000.com/diamondpearl.html

this is the information for anyone living in Australia...
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Developer: Game Freak
    Platform: Nintendo DS · Genre: RPG
    Release Date: 12/31/06 · Origin: Japan

Platform
    Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are for the Nintendo DS.

Game Summary
    The game will take place in the new region of Shino, and the starter town will be Futaba Town. It also confirmed that you'll be able to trade your Pokemon from the GBA Games (Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon FireRed, Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon Emerald) to Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl.

This is some good stuff Godfather and i got some more news (unless people have already posted this in which case it will be completely useless but its good to have an update anyway) Alright first ill tell you that the night-day cycle is returning! YAAAAAY!!! (i was majorly ticked when i found it was lost from R,S and E) there will be a pokedex shaped like a DS and as for the pokemon ive found.....

babies
    mime jr (pre-evolved mr mime)
    tamanta (pre-evolved mantine)
    other new forms for existing pokemon
    weavile(evolved sneasal) many of you know this scince alot of you have this pokemon for an avatar
    new pokemon
    lucario
    perappu

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    x24 said:
    ummm... weve known that for a while
    hehe... sorry about that one, im still new and i thought i should help get things out. (I did'nt see much about that info on the thread anyway) and if it was well, let me be banished to the pokemon tower for eternity-_-;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    tyranisneasel said:
    Hey everyone, Serebii just posted the "legendaries" of D/P, and possibly the three starters! However, the pictures aren't very clear.

...I didn't see anything that said those three were the starters...

And since we now know that online trading will be available, I'll bring this back up; are we going to set up a special forum on here to set up trades?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Just make a new forum like was done to separate all the D/P discussions from the other DS games...

Or just PM each other to death.

Years
    That was fun... I remember I caught a Hoothoot early on in Silver, and I had it til the end of the game as a Noctowl! It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I thought of some new Psyhic attacks for the game ^^

1) time freeze - renders everyone on the pitch (apart from the pokemon who cast it) to be immoblized for 3-4 turns and during those turns the pokemon who cast it could still use its attacks. But gets a boost from the 'psyhic' energy.

2) Telepathy - A pokemon can get into the mind of another and chose which attack to use and on which oppenet, maybe even u could attack from there. The body of the pokemon is vulnerable though

3) Telekinis (Sp) - When a pokemon is using an attack like 'Fire Blast' the pshyic pokemon can use this to send it right back and do some damage.

4) Predictions - Wouldnt it be cool if a pshic pokemon could see what would happen like 3 turns in advance but it has a backfire actions can change it, and the 'future' it saw may not come true.

Just some thoughts really.

- Lone Eevee

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2013
    cool attacks lone eevee
    i think there are new attacks already right and i think there are still more to come:)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Lone Eevee said:
    I thought of some new Psyhic attacks for the game ^^

1) time freeze - renders everyone on the pitch (apart from the pokemon who cast it) to be immoblized for 3-4 turns and during those turns the pokemon who cast it could still use its attacks. But gets a boost from the 'psyhic' energy.

2) Telepathy - A pokemon can get into the mind of another and chose which attack to use and on which oppenet, maybe even u could attack from there. The body of the pokemon is vulnerable though

3) Telekinis (Sp) - When a pokemon is using an attack like 'Fire Blast' the pshyic pokemon can use this to send it right back and do some damage.

4) Predictions - Wouldnt it be cool if a pshic pokemon could see what would happen like 3 turns in advance but it has a backfire actions can change it, and the 'future' it saw may not come true.

Just some thoughts really.

- Lone Eevee

First one: No, I don't think so. That's too powerful.

Second one: ...That could work, I guess...but maybe make it just that turn and at random instead of you being able to pick which one (like when your pokemon won't listen to you).

Third one: Like Mirror Coat, you mean? Or actually matching the type of the attack?

Fourth one: Nah...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back