• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
    Obviously its more challenging, but I like teh luck, otherwise you could catch a groudon with a regular pokeball and there would be no need for all those different types of pokeballs, which i like! but i wouldnt completely hate it if they did that i guess...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've done that on some games before, and for a while it is kind of fun, but after a while it gets seriously annoying. Pressing random things like right, up, right, down, down, down, left would not be a fun way of catching pokemon for me...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Not alot of people have luck or as much luck as anyone else. So they better fix that. For example not alot of people can catch a legi even with an Ultra ball and that legi's in bad condition. While others can catch legi's or even other Pokemon with a pokeball. It took me 45 Ultra balls and 1 Pokeball to catch a Zapdos and I caught Zapdos with a Pokeball.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Not alot of people have luck or as much luck as anyone else. So they better fix that. For example not alot of people can catch a legi even with an Ultra ball and that legi's in bad condition. While others can catch legi's or even other Pokemon with a pokeball. It took me 45 Ultra balls and 1 Pokeball to catch a Zapdos and I caught Zapdos with a Pokeball.

There is no such thing as luck, just variables in programming.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Agreeing with Zone. Sometimes, people forget that deep down inside, Pokemon is just a bunch of numbers and math.

So you can't catch a Sleeping Lugia with only 1 HP even with 50 Ultra Balls. Boo-hoo-hoo. By now, you should have realized that luck plays an incredibly important part in Pokemon even since the days of R/B/Y. Critical hits, special effects, missing, Pokemon encounters, all are luck based and Nintendo would be hard pressed to change a formula that has been implemented for so long.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Dark Venusaur said:
    who likes the graphics of Diamond/Pearl so far?

I personally found them rather dissapointing... Not that I don't think the overworld style wasn't a neat idea, but the overworld sprites (I'm not talking about the buildings and such, I'm talking about the people) just look horrible in my opinion <.< They just don't look as neat as the R/S/E sprites...

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
    True. They dont look as nice as I had hoped for either. I cant tell if the boy with the cap had spiked hair in the back or not...I think he does.... And the girl's graphics...are a bit murky... But cool! There are lampposts!!! ^^

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    i think the ability to become a gym leader would be a good one... people could challenge you on wi-fi & you could have your own badges... it could be like a new battle frontier & when one player defeats another player they can get their badge... but not until after you defeat trhe elite four & all side quests yada yada yada

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    I personally found them rather dissapointing... Not that I don't think the overworld style wasn't a neat idea, but the overworld sprites (I'm not talking about the buildings and such, I'm talking about the people) just look horrible in my opinion <.< They just don't look as neat as the R/S/E sprites...
    I know what you are trying to say. I thought that since they made a big deal about this game and the graphics look decent, but I guess they are pretty okay. But we should be happy that atleast they sented us the pictures.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    New information on D/P from Serebii:

* The Region is called Shinou. The Starting Town is Futaba Town
    * Due for Release in Japan in Autumn 2006
    * Munchlax knows the attack Swallow. Manyula knows Revenge
    * Munchlax can have either the Thick Fat or PickUp abilities. Manyula has the Pressure Ability
    * Diamond & Pearl is compatible with Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen & Emerald after you have done a certain task in the game, most likely defeat the Elite Four

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Its great how Munchlax may have pickup. But I think that Snorlax should have Pickup also. So does that mean that Snorlax in D/P won't have Immunity (prevents poisoning)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    i hope they spread legendary pokemon through out the game and not cram them all in towards the end at levels like 45 and 50 like they did ruby and sapphire and etc. etc. i mean wouldnt it be pretty cool if say after you got your 4th badge or so and you gotta go through one of those famously long caves or etc. ( example: rock cave in red blue ) and instead of going through all of that just fighting trainers and getting bombarded every few steps by wild pokemon one of them countless chambers lead to a lv. 25 or 30 or so legendary

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Its great how Munchlax may have pickup. But I think that Snorlax should have Pickup also. So does that mean that Snorlax in D/P won't have Immunity (prevents poisoning)

Snorlax will probably have the same ability as the GBA games (Immunity), Pokemon can evolve into ones with different abilities.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Zone said:
    Snorlax will probably have the same ability as the GBA games (Immunity), Pokemon can evolve into ones with different abilities.

What I was thinking was that Munchlax with Thick Fat keep it upon evolution (as Snorlax can have Thick Fat or Immunity), whilst Munchlax with Pick Up get it replaced with Immunity.

I think it's interesting to note that Futaba is Japanese for bud or sprout. Hmm... Sprout Town, anyone?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I think the ability to become a gym leader would be a good one... people could challenge you on wi-fi & you could have your own badges... it could be like a new battle frontier & when one player defeats another player they can get their badge... but not until after you defeat trhe elite four & all side quests yada yada yada
    I strongly disagree... the time zones alone would cause such a huge problem x_x Just imagine challenging a gymleader and having to wait 5 hours (or more) just so you could have one puny battle, besides, we'd probaly just have a bunch of sucky gymleaders with a Mewtwo with Brick Break or something like that, which brings us to another important point, Ubers/Legendaries, would they be banned or would people be free to use any Pokémon they want?
    Not that a good player couldn't beat an average player with an Uber team efrotlessly, but...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back