• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    its the interenet people already know what ur tryn to say. when pokemon pearl/diamond come out i want it to be hard... get all of the mumbo jumbo outta the way 1st becos it sux wen u have to stop what u wanna do cos u have to go back and help sum1 else then stop and go find this person or that person.

i believe that the safari zone should be in in with unlimited time.. so u have to use all ur balls before you go and in the park u should have areas of levels instead of pokeon at level 28 or higher, kinda beats the point of raising a pokemon by urself.

pokemon should be rares ones in diferent areas, it should be like pokemon G/S/C cos u can battle (sure it was a bug contest ) but u can get my drift. each area has a certain element (or type)

as for starters id like a dragon to be aseat 1 i dnt care even a ghost type but it has to be a harder version so u get stuck and stumpt before u get in

night and day yeah we should so what if kids are up late u tell them to go to be theyre gunna play it anyway lol

the graphics are 3d but i think the battling should be 3d too

ive notic people have gone off the micrphone theory lol i thik it would be awesome for pokemon to listen to voice command and yes it can be turned off lol imagine tell ur charizard to use flamethrower and ur on the bus lol

well thats me i guess im looking forward to the release i will be ordering from america cos im an auzzie and well i dnt wanna wait an extra 6mnths lol

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Oh okay bluestorm, but I wish like I said before that they get rid of the old triangle. I really do wish that you have to pay for the amount of steps but when time is up you can ask to pay again, so you don't lose your spot.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    I seriously hope that the green used in those D/P screenshots isn't the actual color used in the games, since that is a very bright green. Looks rather unnatural; while I don't hate it, I far prefer the color used in the R/S games. Though it seems like the color contrast is rather high on those shots, so it possibly could be different.

As for the starter triangle, I doubt they'd change it not only because it's "tradition", but also because there's no other type triangle (that I'm aware of) that works in the same exact way when it comes to resistances and weaknesses - that is, each type is weak to one type in the triangle and resists another. I was thinking about it some time before, and I realized that the only other triangle that comes the closest to how things currently work is Rock/Flying/Fighting - however, since all starters (except for Pikachu) seem to start with normal-type attacks, a rock-type starter would already have a distinct (and rather unfair) advantage at the very beginning of the game. So that's out as well.

Any other triangles either feature an immunity somewhere instead of a resistance, or are "incomplete" (one or more types don't resist any of the other types).

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
    Agreed. Thank you for going through all that trouble. Anyway, they will probly never have a different starter triangle unless they create a new type such as light or wood type. Although, if made a new triangle in D/P, I would exalt them for creativity! :)

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    pokemon beyblade champion said:
    anyone has a pokemon diamond or perl rom can he\she give me by however you want

1. Asking for roms isn't allowed.
    2. Diamond and Pearl aren't even out yet.
    3. There is currently no working DS emulator.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    I'd like to see some more Pokemon based off extinct animals. Maybe a wolly mammoth, saber tooth tiger or dinosaurs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back