• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Chain

Wait, why are you saying this? I dun see any new pics...

Official Rumours Thread
    Official Rumours Thread

They mean this pic. ^^
    Yeah I don't think that is an evolution.. it's still much too small, and as Derk said, it wouldn't just suddenly stand on two legs.... I don't think. :x

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Omg, this gives me a little more hope for the Follow Me Feature... I needed that.

The Red Chain

also, voltorb > electrode werent much of an evo. neither was mankey>primeape.
    But there's a major difference : That's generation 1.. this is generation 5. XD;
    Another major difference is that is looks exactly like Meguroko, but standing on two legs.
    Primeape and Electrode at least looked somewhat different, despite it not being by much.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Omg, this gives me a little more hope for the Follow Me Feature... I needed that.
    I hate when people say this. There have been people standing next to their Pokemon since Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. This is not new at all. :|
    They mean this pic. ^^
    Yeah I don't think that is an evolution.. it's still much too small, and as Derk said, it wouldn't just suddenly stand on two legs.... I don't think. :x

Because a fish turning into a giant sea dragon (or giant sea serpent in Milotic's case) makes sense.
    Because Beldum, a giant floating eye, turning into a giant metal spider makes sense.

It's Pokemon. Evolutions don't have to make sense.

And it's very possible for something to stand on two legs after evolving. Humans anyone? Quilava to Typhlosion anyone?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    In real life a creature evolves to be better at something.

In Pokemon creatures evolve to be better at battling. Meguroko could start being bipedal if it needed to be for better battling, or for survival reasons.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Maybe because it's standing still. Groundhogs stand upright when the look around, yet walk on 4 legs when they walk. This would add yet more realism if it is part of the follow me feature.

The Red Chain

Because Beldum, a giant floating eye, turning into a giant metal spider makes sense.

It's Pokemon. Evolutions don't have to make sense.
    In my defense, that one makes sense.
    Two Beldum combine to make Metang. Two Metang combine to make Metagross.

How on earth does a crocodile suddenly stand up though without much obvious difference to it?
    Even Slowbro makes more sense than that. The Shellder adds weight and balance to it's backside, allowing it to stand on it's hind legs.

Maybe it's an optical illusion and Meguroko is still on all fours.
    Also a possibility.

Also, Quilava always could stand on two legs. It just preferred four.

Cyndaquil did too, so it isn't like in the final stage they just all of a sudden stood up like this potential evo of Meguroko's does.
    Pokemon is illogical all the time apparently, so have it your way. :D

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    In my defense, that one makes sense.
    Two Beldum combine to make Metang. Two Metang combine to make Metagross.

How on earth does a crocodile suddenly stand up though without much difference to it?
    Even Slowbro makes more sense than that. The Shellder adds weight and balance to it's backside, allowing it to stand on it's hind legs.

Maybe it's an optical illusion and Meguroko is still on all fours.
    Also a possibility.

You've only seen the front of small, blurry-ish, icon. How can you say it has no features that make sense? :|

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    * Shimama evolves into Zeboruto (Zebolt) which is an Electric/Dark pokemon

* Darumakka evolves into Darumanki (darumonkey) which evolves into Hihidaruma [Doesn't seem like a 3 stage pokemon IMO]

* Kibago -> Onokkusu -> Ononokusu Which is a pure dragon line

* One of the new pokemon seen in the video posted the other day is Meguroko's evo. Not sure if this is the recent Octopus/Green thing video or that brown pokemon in the entrance to the Pokemon Musical

* OhaSuta will air a new pokemon next week

* Next month's CoroCoro issue will focus on Doryuuzu, Desukan, Emonga, Basurao, Tabunne, Darumakka, Aoika, and Wakoiasu. [Those last two are not pokemon we've heard of before]

* Doryuuzu is Ground/Steel. Its 'Drill Liner' attack has a base power of 95 and the ****-tastic accuracy of 85% [The rumor didn't SPECIFICALLY say ****-tastic]

* Desukan is Ground/Ghost. Rumor says there is only 1 in the game and you encounter it north of Hiun City in the desert. Apparently there is an underground pass you must go through and Desukan blocks it. [Sudowoodo much?] When it's lid is open it looks like a transparent mummy-ish ghost inside.

* Other pokemon that they didn't know the name of include a rabbit, purple poodle-like pokemon, parrot that looked like a grass type, an elephant, a peacock, polar bear, gourd[?], koala, psychic/water dolphin, and finally a cat with brown eyes.

2ch rumours... lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    * Shimama evolves into Zeboruto (Zebolt) which is an Electric/Dark pokemon

* Darumakka evolves into Darumanki (darumonkey) which evolves into Hihidaruma [Doesn't seem like a 3 stage pokemon IMO]

* Kibago -> Onokkusu -> Ononokusu Which is a pure dragon line

* One of the new pokemon seen in the video posted the other day is Meguroko's evo. Not sure if this is the recent Octopus/Green thing video or that brown pokemon in the entrance to the Pokemon Musical

* OhaSuta will air a new pokemon next week

* Next month's CoroCoro issue will focus on Doryuuzu, Desukan, Emonga, Basurao, Tabunne, Darumakka, Aoika, and Wakoiasu. [Those last two are not pokemon we've heard of before]

* Doryuuzu is Ground/Steel. Its 'Drill Liner' attack has a base power of 95 and the ****-tastic accuracy of 85% [The rumor didn't SPECIFICALLY say ****-tastic]

* Desukan is Ground/Ghost. Rumor says there is only 1 in the game and you encounter it north of Hiun City in the desert. Apparently there is an underground pass you must go through and Desukan blocks it. [Sudowoodo much?] When it's lid is open it looks like a transparent mummy-ish ghost inside.

* Other pokemon that they didn't know the name of include a rabbit, purple poodle-like pokemon, parrot that looked like a grass type, an elephant, a peacock, polar bear, gourd[?], koala, psychic/water dolphin, and finally a cat with brown eyes.

2ch rumours... lol.
    I hope the rumor on the Psychic/Water dolphin is real, I was hoping for one since the start of this gen of that specific type actually :)
    Well we always have a Grass/flying pokemon since gen 2 so parrot could be real...

The Red Chain

You've only seen the front of small, blurry-ish, icon. How can you say it has no features that make sense? :|
    Oh excuse me, I thought this thread was to discuss what is presented to us. :/
    The presentation is a small, blurry overworld.. so what do you expect me to say?
    Not in the mood to argue about something as silly as Pokemon, so can we just move on and leave it at that? >.>;

Kibago -> Onokkusu -> Ononokusu Which is a pure dragon line

I'm still not entirely sure about this one, but I don't deny the possibility of it. XD
    I mean they just look so different... but drastic changes are pretty fun.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Peacock? Koala? Dolphin? Pleeeeease be true. Though some of these rumours sound similar, oh well.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    The following quote is from PokeJungle.net. The resident translator has thought of why Dento is probably a grass type leader:

Official Rumours Thread

Hey guys, resident translator Kriffix here!

Reasons that Dent is likely a Grass-type user and most likely has a Tsutaaja, from most solid to weakest.

+He shouts out for his Pokémon to use Solarbeam in the Video released yesterday.

+The background used when he declares an attack is green.

+Said background is identical to when Tsutaaja attacks in a previous video.

+The spotlight that shines down upon him is green.

+His hair, eyes and bow tie are also green!

Remember, if this is for real then you heard it on PokéJungle first!

I personally am pretty convinced on this one. But what I think is not what's important here. I want to know how you wonderful PokéJunglers out there feel! What do you guys think?

Am I crazy or am I right on this one?

…or both.

Kriffix

PS- It's worth keeping in mind that even if he gets a Tsutaaja in the anime, this may not reflect the games!

PPS- Even his shadow is green! Over exposure to radiation or grass user?

Because of the pictures we saw of Dento's gym I am guessing he will not have a specific type. He could just have a Red pokemon, a Blue Pokemon and a Green Pokemon.

The Red Chain

Let's just hope Swana doesn't take the place of the Peacock idea, despite how beautiful it may be. D;
    I'm definitely down for the dolphin. :3 Been wanting one since 2nd gen. <3 I was kinda disappointed when I found that Lanturn wasn't actually a dolphin like I thought it was in those early years. ;;

Psychic would only make it even more appealing to me. <33

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

The names I underlined and bolded caught my attention. Wakoiasu sounds like that fake pebble pokemon and Aoika could be that weird plant owl pokemon. I do not know Japanese so I don't know if I am right or not, but this just happened to catch my attention.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Most of the rumours sound pretty weird and unorthodox(a poodle and an elephant? I can understand mamoswine, but a literal elephant? eh..), but I'm really cool with the psychic/water dolphin. :D

And yay peacocks! So beautiful. ♥
    Uh you forgot about Donphan...it's a real Elephant too...
    Once again, Yay for the Peacock,and Dolphin, I wanted the grass starter to be a Peacock but Tsutarja is petty cool, and now that we do have a Peacock pokemon if this is real would make me happy. I wonder if my prediction for a Psychic/Water dolphin could be true :cheeky:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back