• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm not sure what they can come up with after Gen 5, but Pokemon is certainly loosing its touch. It'll die out by 2020 =)

Erm, on topic. I don;t like the starter evo rumor because Tsutarja should be Grass/Dark.

Post 999, one more until a Century!
    Which one the one of it being Grass/Ground?
    I thought Sceptile should have been Grass/Dark or Grass/Dragon but it didn't happen either :(

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The /Poison one. I really don't want Tsutarja to be /Poison. I want it to be /Dark. I'm happy with Pokabu being /Steel :)

1000th Post :)

Years
    It's difficult to tell what Tsuta would have for it's second type. The most obvious answer is probably Grass/Dragon, though it makes it seem to be quite 'ubered' to me.
    For the Jogatto rumour Pokémon, it says it's a trick Pokémon and comes out of a box, i'm definitely going to see this Pokémon based off of a 'jack in a box.'
    Jogatto – Trick Pokemon – Steel > Poster said it looks like a box that Giaru/Gear comes out of, looks kind of antique-ish

Years
    That's true but for a starter to get dragon as his/her second type is pretty cheap. Since the other starter's can no longer do normal effective damage to it anymore(assuming they have and use moves that are not very effective to dragon)

Years
    That's true but for a starter to get dragon as his/her second type is pretty cheap. Since the other starter's can no longer do normal effective damage to it anymore(assuming they have and use moves that are not very effective to dragon)

Hopefully Mijumaru's second type will be ice, and if Tsutaja is grass/dragon that's a 4x weak, so it will be kept in check.

Years
    This video explains very well that Mijumaru will probably turn into a Water/Fighting samurai:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH4Bt9SpNm4
    It could also be Water/Steel as samurai's wear armor though...Another Water/Steel...that would make Piplup the new torchic as they have a starter with their combo next gen...ironically both flightless birds...

Years
    But there's a certain problem with that...if that logic is followed, then why isn't Ninjask a dark type? Surely ninjas need to keep hidden at all times and most are assassins, so that would give it the dark characteristics. Same goes to Scizor, really. Nothing about Scizor's ninja-ness gave it a steel-type, at least, not that I know of. :(
    Well I guess they wanted it to give it flying as Ninja's can fly and are swift :/?

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    But there's a certain problem with that...if that logic is followed, then why isn't Ninjask a dark type? Surely ninjas need to keep hidden at all times and most are assassins, so that would give it the dark characteristics. Same goes to Scizor, really. Nothing about Scizor's ninja-ness gave it a steel-type, at least, not that I know of. :(

Yeah, except for the fact that Scizor is... MADE OF ****ING METAL.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Ninjask isn't a Dark type because:

1. It learns very little (if any) dark type moves.
    2. It would make much more sense for it to be bug/flying. Because it flies. And it's a bug?

Anyway, to actually be on topic..

I heard that Tabunne is a Miltank/Tauros pre-evo. Anyone have any reliable sources saying the same, or saying that it's not?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thank you for summarising, Derk. I agree. /read all posts but it was too early to comprehend exact discussion

And! Tabuune doesn't really seem like their pre-evo, to me, at least.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

Everyone's missing the point of what I'm talking about and is taking things completely just at face value.

What I'm saying is that Mijimaru would be more likely to be water/fighting than water/steel, and it's unlikely that we'll have another Empoleon or something this time around. Steel really has little to do with ninjas/samurais, bar the armor fact. Even then, if I recall correctly, not ALL samurais wear armour. I was just thinking that, if mijimaru's final evo were to have steel/water as MRAS says, then why isnt ninjas the same way? I realize samurais and ninjas are two completely different people(and now that I think about it, it wears "armour" of some sort, so why isn't it steel type?), but I'm just attempting to apply this in a logical manner.

....Of course, logic =/= Pokemon, so I'll cease my rambling now.
    Maybe you were just explaining it badly? More than likely, if everyone is missing it, the fault is on your end, not ours.

Anyone who thinks Mijimaru is steel type is stupid. :( It might become one, who knows? It's possible. If you just saw Piplup and not it's evolutions, you wouldn't think it would become a steel type.

Years
    Maybe you were just explaining it badly? More than likely, if everyone is missing it, the fault is on your end, not ours.

Anyone who thinks Mijimaru is steel type is stupid. :( It might become one, who knows? It's possible. If you just saw Piplup and not it's evolutions, you wouldn't think it would become a steel type.
    Someone said it might be Water/Fighting because Mijimaru's second form because it has armor, though that could also mean mean it could be part using that logic Water/Steel, though I'm hoping for Water/fighting :)

Everyone's missing the point of what I'm talking about and is taking things completely just at face value(If I'm using this term right).

What I'm saying is that Mijimaru would be more likely to be water/fighting than water/steel, and it's unlikely that we'll have another Empoleon or something this time around. Steel really has little to do with ninjas/samurais, bar the armor fact. Even then, if I recall correctly, not ALL samurais wear armour. I was just thinking that, if mijimaru's final evo were to have steel/water as MRAS says, then why isnt ninjas the same way? I realize samurais and ninjas are two completely different people(and now that I think about it, it wears "armour" of some sort, so why isn't it steel type?), but I'm just attempting to apply this in a logical manner.

....Of course, logic =/= Pokemon, so I'll cease my rambling now.
    Well it the person who said it could be Water/Fighting pointed out the Armor and I just used that same logic and said that it could also be Water/Steel, thought again I hope it's Water/Fight :)

Last edited:
    Years
    This video explains very well that Mijumaru will probably turn into a Water/Fighting samurai:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH4Bt9SpNm4

If you at it, the second-stage evo has fur on its head that resembles a Samurai's top not, and it has "armor" around its waste, combined with the shell blade move, im pretty much convinced. :) it looks pretty awesome now that that guy cleaned up the image

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    We already have the beta art for Mijimaru's evolution. It was shown with the art for the bat Pokemon, which turned out to be real, Dento, which turned out to be real, Kibago, which turned out to be real, and Iris, which also turned out to be real.

I forget where the image is. But it exists!

Edit: FOUND IT

Official Rumours Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    We already have the beta art for Mijimaru's evolution. It was shown with the art for the bat Pokemon, which turned out to be real, Dento, which turned out to be real, Kibago, which turned out to be real, and Iris, which also turned out to be real.

Dento is NOT on there. But you are right about the other things being on here and turning out to be true.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back