• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Lol, this would never happen XD

A fanmade name of THEIR branding and creations could never get royalties.

Also they probably have English names already decided, and have done for a while.

Also MistahDude, I liked how you repeated what I said in my post and made it look like it was you that said it U__U

Get used to it thats PokeCommunity for you... I will nickname him Smugleaf regardless so yeah doesn't matter

Years
    Unless the final evo of Smugleaf or whatever the hell it is named is cool, i wont be picking him. Mijumaru Ftw. and i usually hate Water starters. :p

But if it is a snake, Poison seems the most likely choice for a second type, since most snake species are venomous

The Red Chain

A fanmade name of THEIR branding and creations could never get royalties.
    Of course it wouldn't happen. :D Buut, I wanted to give a more logical reason to the Smugleaf thing rather than just "what a stupid name, they wouldn't name Tsutaja that".
    Unless the final evo of Smugleaf or whatever the hell it is named is cool, i wont be picking him.
    SMUGLEAF evolved into PROUDTREE!
    ... couldn't resist. :D;;

Regarding the Heiguru rumor : Wooguru looks like a Pokemon that wouldn't evolve to me. It's already a rather large bird, and looks Staraptor-powerful enough to begin with. I'm unsure on that one.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Of course it wouldn't happen. :D Buut, I wanted to give a more logical reason to the Smugleaf thing rather than just "what a stupid name, they wouldn't name Tsutaja that".
    SMUGLEAF evolved into PROUDTREE!
    ... couldn't resist. :D;;

Regarding the Heiguru rumor : Wooguru looks like a Pokemon that wouldn't evolve to me. It's already a rather large bird, and looks Staraptor-powerful enough to begin with. I'm unsure on that one.

Most people speculated Heiguru as being a prevo rather than an evo for your same reasoning.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Whats Heiguru? Never heard of it...

Its part of a rumor that was posted on Pokejungle:
    Heiguru

Honor Pokemon
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Abilities: Keen Eye or Invigorate
    Attacks: Sand-Attack, Peck, Leer
    Speculation: Could be related to Wargle just because of the similar name endings and their species of pokemon are very similar (Honor vs Valor).

Invigorate is also known as Encourage just in case you didn't know. Heiguru would mean Soldier Eagle and Wooguru means War Eagle.

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
    Years
    Another new rumor Sabonea_Masukippa posted over at Serebii. Probably fake, but interesting nonetheless.

Sabonea_Masukippa said:
    839 :名無しさん、君に決めた!:2010/08/28(Sat) 16:29:43 ID:Yn6uKwvt0
    Continuing from the other day:
    Eletusk [Lit.: Eretasuku - from Elephant/electricty & tusk)
    Elephant Pokemon
    Electric/Ground
    2.3m 198kg
    Volt Absorb or Lightning Rod
    Attacks: Wild Bolt, Thunder Fang, Horn Attack, Uproar
    Defense was the highest [stat].
    The end of its tusks is shaped like a lightning bolt.

839 :名無しさん、君に決めた!:2010/08/28(土) 16:29:43 ID:Yn6uKwvt0
    一昨日の続き

エレタスク
    ポケモン
    電気地面
    2.3メートル 198.0kg
    ちくでん または ひらいしん
    技:ワイルドボルト、かみなりのキバ 、つのでつく、さわぐ
    防御は一番高かった。
    牙の先は稲妻の姿になっている。

Believe/discuss at own risk.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    What I'm thinking is that there might eventually, if they make it that far, a type for each basic animal there is. So like for apes/monkeys/primates etc, we already have lots as displayed in MistahDude's avvie +Yanappu. So this means Pokemon could last for a very, very long while.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What I'm thinking is that there might eventually, if they make it that far, a type for each basic animal there is. So like for apes/monkeys/primates etc, we already have lots as displayed in MistahDude's avvie +Yanappu. So this means Pokemon could last for a very, very long while.
    Well not all types match all animals some don't...though if that was true we will see all eevee's
    Well the Electric/Ground Elephant is a must in my list of pokemon I want to see :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Well not all types match all animals some don't...though if that was true we will see all eevee's
    Well the Electric/Ground Elephant is a must in my list of pokemon I want to see :)

It basically sounds like an electric donphan. If it could do everything Donphan could do and stuff like Thunder Wave it would no doubt replace it on teams.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back