• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hm...so we get an electric version of Mamoswine. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Now to see if it's actually as good as it's ol' ancestor in battle. o:

The funny part is, despite it being Electric/Ground, it's still weak to Ground, it's own type. xD

that'strue, still weak to ice and water i think, since water is neutral to electric. ^^ but we finally have something able to get STAB from both EQ and electric moves, which is cool. It'll have nice type coverage too.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    i think that heracross needs an evo and it'll be good!
    if you want to know if its real.....go to google like me!
    im outa here!

Years
    Well, I guess you have a point there, but it's best not to jump the boat too much as of yet. But then again, now that I think about it, Water-types won't be too much of a threat, because this elephant is well, electric of course. Ice types, I'm not exactly so sure about and it might have trouble in that area, and I don't know if it's attack stat is going to be high enough to cause any OHKO EQs or anything of that nature.

But hey, if Mamoswine's attack is high, then who's to say that it's more modern relative won't share high attack, also? I expect there to at least be some similarities between the two.

I agree, that's what im hoping for in thunderphant. If its ground, i think it would be reasonable to say it could learn stone edge like mamo does, so it can take ice types, but its just a guess. Hopefully, it will be in the base 130 Attack range so it has some punch, like mamoswine.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    im outa here!

No dude, I'm sorry, no heracross evo, its powerful enough!
    And on the idea of rumours.... I do like this electric elephant, sounds like a good type combo.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    im outa here!

Google it? What for, to find a fakemon? XD I highly doubt Heracross will evolve and I'm not sure why anyone would want one.

Also, I'm confused by your "It'll be good!" statement... last time I checked, Heracross is good. One of the best Bug Pokemon out there, in fact.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Official Rumours Thread

Possible new Pokemon.

Looks fake to me.

Also to everyone, Riine, the supposed leader of Team Plasma, is confirmed fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm thinking fake. I'd be surprised if it turned out to be real. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I honestly think that's fake. From the look of it, it doesn't even look like a complete pokémon. Plus based on the female team organization leader leading to be false, it's hard to call this real. Like Forever, I too would be a little surprised if that turned out real. >_>;

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hah, Electrophant has the most horrible STAB attack type combo, both completely negated by Gliscor and resisted by Rotom, two of the best physical walls in today's metagame (it's an elephant, obv. physical). I dunno about after BW, but their wonderful typings and resistances should keep them in the game easily. :P

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Hah, Electrophant has the most horrible STAB attack type combo, both completely negated by Gliscor and resisted by Rotom, two of the best physical walls in today's metagame (it's an elephant, obv. physical). I dunno about after BW, but their wonderful typings and resistances should keep them in the game easily. :P

Elephants don't have to be physical just because they are usually massive.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    And the rumor stated that Defense was its highest stat.

Most likely it will become a great defensive wall, with its ability to set up status conditions and high defense.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Ah, mm. Electric/Ground...it's a decent defensive typing. Not too good at weathering the most common special types (Ice, Water), but it resists Steel and Rock and can hopefully tank other hits okay. It shouldn't be too bad, I guess, depending on its other stats. Can't think for the life of me what kind of good defensive moves it could get; I can't think of a currently-existent healing move (bar Rest) it'd logically be able to learn, unless it's a very lazy elephant.

Crippling stuff with Thunder Wave might be useful, too.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Official Rumours Thread

Originally posted by PokéJungle Network
    Hey Loyal PokéJunglers!

Wow, it's been a record breaking day! Five posts in one day! The PokéCommunity on 2ch has really been buzzing with rumors and other little tidbits and with all of that talk this picture came up. There's no name as of yet and no information on it at all really. So there's a very VERY high possibility that it's a fake. I personally think it is, it's to messy to be a legitimate Pokémon. It kinda looks like a possible mijumaru evolution. :S

So, with that what do you guys think? Fake? Real? Put your opinions down below!

Here's hoping we get some confirmed info very soon –ozymandis

P.S. just another friendly warning to everyone once again that with this new Generation of Pokémon there have been an out break of Fakemons so don't take everything as the truth until it's been confirmed. But you guys allready know that right?

Mod edit: Include at least 4 words in your post - don't just quote.
    sorry sorry sorry sorry XD

Last edited:
    Years
    It difficult to figure out what it's based on, so far it looks sort of like a squid to me.
    It looks fake to me, we're close to the release date, I heard that they won't give out information on new Pokémon anymore but that could be just a silly rumour.
    Also, an edit from PJ:
    Pokéjungle said:
    P.P.S-Hey guys, Kriffix here. Sorry to be such a party pooper as always, and try not to hate me, but I think this could be another fake

This pic could simply be a Mijumaru that was using shellblade (or shell-based attack) that happened to be caught right in the frame where it was being thrown/coming back to it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back