• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    They're both sepentine in nature, and the sprites are postured the exact same way. Same body shape, same everything except the colors were tweaked.

Actually, they aren't. The poses are different, look at the tail, direction of head, etc. Small details like the thickness of the body are different as well, especially the 'front' section below the head.

on the second, Notice the fingers, they're the same as rhyperiors.

Similar fingers, not the same. Other Pokémon also have similar fingers, such as Metang.

Same with the 3rd as the 1st. the sprites are identical in posture. looks like dialga's body with a narwal horn. all these are, are good examples of spriting, nothing more.

Not identical at all, the 'new' one has much of a seal-like structure to its legs, especially how they are splayed out how Dialgas are not. The tail joins at a different position too.

There are always similarities between Pokémon, poses are often recycled since these are ANIME art not SPRITE art anyway.

I even stated in my post that I don't think they are real anyway, despite all the above. I think the odd colouration of the water evolutions (2nd and 3rd) as well as Pokabu's evolution seeming more cartoony than normal as more important factors.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I posted this on PokeJungle and I'll post it here too:

Ok, here's me 2¢:

Tsutarja's evos:
    Ok, right. Second stage is cool, expected. I see the possibility of the Final Stage though they took the smugness out. Tsutarja is meant to be a snake so it works. Though the colour scheme, the white face if anything, is way off, it's meant to be yellow. I like what they did here though, very creative. However, it does greatly resemble Milotic. Typing-wise, I'll say Grass/Psychic. It looks elegant and graceful, royal as someone mentioned earlier. I don't mind if it's real, I was expecting it to be similar to the Treecko line where the Final Stage shares resemblance to the Baby Stage. This resemblance isn't so hot.

Pokabu's evos:
    These are actually my favourite of the lot. They seem real and make sense. The Second Stage was unexpected but it looks cool and probable. They kept the Pokabu cuteness which is always good. Oh crap it looks /Fighting. The Final Stage is good as well, surprising. I'm thinking it'd be /Rock or /Steel so don't fret those who thing it's a /Fighting. It does resemble Rhyperior a whole lot which could mean it's fake. Anyway, it's my favourite and most likely out of the lot.

Mijumaru's evos:
    Ok who actually created this Pokemon? First they give it an ugly orange nose, next they mess up it's highly anticipated Second Stage evo by dabbing it in blue paint, finally they force it to walk on all fours! No, no, no, no! They messed up big time! *in a Britney from BBUSA 12 voice* What?! The Second Stage even has a pink nose. The whole evolution doesn't make sense. Ok Marhstomp went from bipedal to quadrupedal, but it was quadrupedal before. I just don't get it, so I'll stop there. The Final Stage would make sense if it actually looked like the rest on the family somehow. I see the whiskers and shell though.

But here's the thing people, these could well be real. We're not Game Freak so all these Fan-Art we've gotten used to are not how the company thinks. This is why I scared to believe that these are absolutely real. I'm still going for Tsutarja, but Pokabu's the only line that makes sense while looking good at the same time.

Also, I've noticed how Second Stage starter forms get overlooked. So to avoid this, I'm thinking maybe GF are making the Second Stage typings different from the Final Stages. So we have more choice…

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    ???! Where r they, it is just a link to serebii, but serebii didnt reveal any starter evo yet :/
    U messing with us? x(

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

wait what's that white-

they seem fake but Pokabu's evo's look freaking awesome, Tsuutaja isn't as bad and Mijumaru wtf?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I think that Mijumaru's evolutions are plausible, but Tsutarja and Pokabu's evolutions just look too similar to their basic stages. Pokabu's evolutions didn't change much at all, and Tsutarja's second evolution looks just like a bigger and more overgrown Tsutarja.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    What the hell... Okay, the mid-stage evolutions definitely look real and plausible, but all the final-stage ones do not, especially Mijumaru? What the hell is that thing?

I'm not believing anything until they're confirmed, period. Please don't let it be true dear Arceus or I will seriously have a seizure. Tsutaja's final evo is alright I guess but I expected a bit more, I dunno. As for Pokabu and Mijumaru... ewww. And why are all the final evos smaller than the mid-stage ones, lol? Must be a proportion/low quality image thing.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    well, the grass and water mid-stage evos were in beta art if you look at new pokemon on serebii.net
    i think the final fire one looks a big like magmortar and rhyperior put together.
    The water one is FREAKIN AWSUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    The Smugleaf and Wotter lines are nice, but just as I anticipated, the Boarbeque line is absolute garbage. That's assuming that this is real though.
    OMG THAT IS THE BEST NAME EVER!!!!
    i love the name Boarbeque. I hope that is its name. and the middle one isnt that bad, the last one is absolute crud

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    These look fake to me.
    But Mijumaru's evos look awesome! Pokabu's look stupid to me and Tsutarja's evos look okay,but still cool.
    But I won't get too excited until they confirm if these are real.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Pokabu turns into a sumo wrestler? lol, another Fire/Fighting. XD

Also, WTF is Mijumaru's final evolution? It looks to have more in common with walruses than otters. D:

Tsutaaja's final evo looks abit too...elegant for something that I anticipated to be more rough and powerful.

All-in-all though, I like the fire line the most in this generation. :D

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    ???! Where r they, it is just a link to serebii, but serebii didnt reveal any starter evo yet :/
    U messing with us? x(

Lol, ahah i found it :X
    The fnal evos r pretty much a fake, i think that some1 that leaked the info for new pokemon said that tsutajas final evo will be a green cobra, this one just doesnt look like its final evo :/ and mijumaru is too big of a change between 2nd form and final evo.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    i dont like pokabu's evolutions at all if they are real. the water and grass ones look ok.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    New Rumors from PokéJungle!
    IV right? I think that's where we're at. Anyways these are JUST RUMORS… ok? As in I don't want people saying "omg pokejunglez is so unreliable because he postz stuffs that isn't true?!!?!". I always say, and always will say, do not take these as fact unless we get some proof.

'N's real name is "North" (Nousu) and he is leader of Team Plasma. (Didn't we already decide that wasn't going to happen?)
    Elite 4 Fara: Normal/Flying
    Elite 4 Shuten: Fighting/Steel
    Elite 4 Kageha: Ghost/Dark [Kage = shadow]
    Elite 4 Murou: Dragon
    Champion South (Sausu): Mixed types (Also he is apparently N's brother)
    There are apparently some rumored names of starters but I can't find them on 2ch yet so until I have something that I know didn't originate from the western world I'll refrain from posting.

<3 pokejungle

ps- These rumors are from yesterday but I'm very iffy on them so I didn't bother posting them right away. But since my commentors are already discussing them I might as well put it up :p

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    DIS IS A DISASTUH

Seriously, I am willing to believe anything but their real-ness. What people are saying about their fakeitude makes sense to me, but maybe I just don't want to believe that they're real, because seriously, this is just... no. Even Tsutaja, my one true love, has turned into some silly ornate snakething. What? I expected something much better and much bigger. I'm not liking this, not at all.

PLEASE ARCEUS LET THESE BE FAKE. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

"I shoulda left my phone at home 'cause dis is a disastuh..."

=___=

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    The elephant has volt absorb probably so it can use it's Electric attribute to it's advantage. It's pretty odd though, I agree, because ground is completely invulnerable against lightning attacks.

it would seem kind of useless for a ground type to have volt absorb in my opinion

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    The Tsutaja and Mijumaru middle stages are clearly edits from the anime scetches, the rest are most likely fake, and I can tell they most likely are, seriously, they look more like Spectrobes than Pokemon, not to mention that the Mijumaru mid stage is blue and light blue, not blue and white like Mijumaru is.

The (most likely fake) Pokabu evolutions are fake, and by their wrestler look, they could be part fighting type like Blaziken and Infernape before them (sheesh, I was expecting a Fire/Ground type for the Pokabu evolutions)

The Tsutaja final evolution actually looks good, and a LOT more snake like than what Tsutajas description says, if it is real, I will most likely use it on my team, though it does look pretty sinister.....

Mijumaru however...... WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR ADORABLE LITTLE SEA OTTER!? This is a Sea Lion, not a Sea Otter, it looks more like Ryzadrake from Spectrobes 2 without the wings than Mijumaru, they completely killed Mijumaru, I really hope this one is fake, beause it looks more like a Pokemon of it's own than a Mijumaru evolution.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back