• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    You know the typings have to do with the atmosphere, right? From the beginning I've heard rumors of a connection to the sky, no, atmosphere. Team Plasma would fit right in because it is a super-heated soup of ionic particles. Zekrom is Dragon/Electric, symbolizing low pressure/sinking air/lower atmosphere, and Reshiram is Dragon/Fire, symbolizing high pressure/rising air/upper atmosphere. The activity of the atmosphere acts like the teardrop parts of a Yin-Yang symbol, constantly spinning.

Maybe the rumored Dragon/Ice type symbolizes the outermost layer of the atmosphere, which is freezing...

How come no one has noticed the sky theme rumors... Hiun City's name (bad luck/cloudblown winds), the windmills, sky arrow bridge, the airport... Oh yes and I saw the idea of a sky theme as possibility on Pokebeach when one of the very first scans was revealed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    here something to think about with the version differences (white forest/black city) its possible there will be 4 games with ice/dragon and poison/dragon as mascots and even more new stuff

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    Um it's been 4 generations of trilogy games... I doubt that would change...

Back on topic I don't like the rumors about no Gyms. Personally I liked the challenge presented by them, and it allows Trainers to exercise their abilities against specific movetypes and Pokemon types. O.O what will I do without you, Gyms?

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
    I'm sure we've all heard about Kangaskid (We all would love it *hint hint Nintendo*). But considering the current Yin-Yang motif going on, I've heard rumors of Absol getting a baby form and an evo (Knowing me, I'd be all over that :3), due to its Yin-Yang motif... and I haz no objections xD

That aside, there will apparently be a new legendary revealed on Pokemon Sunday this week, and I've heard rumors of it being the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin/etc.etc.etc. of Black and White. That being said, it will be a pokemon obtained probably by event, have a base stat total of 600 (being distributed evenly between each type of stat; 100 each), It will be around 2'00'' or under (most likely retaining a bipedal, fairy or sprite-looking, or even small animal appearence like the aforementioned). Although these are all rumors, it's still a possibility :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Back on topic I don't like the rumors about no Gyms. Personally I liked the challenge presented by them, and it allows Trainers to exercise their abilities against specific movetypes and Pokemon types. O.O what will I do without you, Gyms?

Wait no gyms? I must've missed this rumour. o_o I really really really think that's unlikely. Gyms are apart of Pokemon and they need to stay D:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    If there are three Pokemon that I would like to see gain an evolution, it's Dunsparce, Luvdisc and Qwilfish.
    This.

I remember hoping for a Dunsparce Evolution in Ruby/Sapphire..

Qwilfish evo would be awesome too.

Filler Pokemon get no love :<

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    There better be gyms! Skip this ying yang stuff, I wanna be the champion! /endrantthought.

Personally, I was hoping Tauros would get that evolution but I'm pretty fine if it doesn't. I really don't know who I would like to get an (pre-)evolution.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You know the typings have to do with the atmosphere, right? From the beginning I've heard rumors of a connection to the sky, no, atmosphere. Team Plasma would fit right in because it is a super-heated soup of ionic particles. Zekrom is Dragon/Electric, symbolizing low pressure/sinking air/lower atmosphere, and Reshiram is Dragon/Fire, symbolizing high pressure/rising air/upper atmosphere. The activity of the atmosphere acts like the teardrop parts of a Yin-Yang symbol, constantly spinning.

Maybe the rumored Dragon/Ice type symbolizes the outermost layer of the atmosphere, which is freezing...

How come no one has noticed the sky theme rumors... Hiun City's name (bad luck/cloudblown winds), the windmills, sky arrow bridge, the airport... Oh yes and I saw the idea of a sky theme as possibility on Pokebeach when one of the very first scans was revealed.

Pokebeach wrote about the Sky theme that had been appearing a couple of months ago... it's really cool but I don't see how Black City and White Forest would tie into this.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, I can imagine the gyms being some sort of a side-thing; I dunno, something not as mandatory anymore?

By this you mean an alternate way to get to the E4? (Assuming that will exist.)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Or maybe not having the plot be so reliant on getting the badges? Like how the game's story tends to come to a standstill until the next badge is received?

If that's the case, then I would enjoy that immensely. I like Gym Battles, and the Badges are necessary (with the HMs being tied to them, if that still holds true, for example), but I don't like them being the prominent feature of the storyline. So that when the title of Champion is gained, the game's story doesn't seem to end.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...or perhaps the plot could be affected by the order of gym badges obtained. If you get the water badge before the fire badge (for example), then you can go to different cities, but if it's the other way around, other cities, and the plot is altered that way all the way through and then when it gets up to Zekrom/Reshiram, it won't let you fight it until you have a certain amount of badges. Thus, it'd make you able to explore the region at your own pace and still play a part in completing the main storyline eventually.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno, it's sort of weird. D:

I still can't help thinking the gyms will be related to the legendaries, but yeah.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Um, like battling the champion after defeating the legendaries, proving to the champion you are worthy of battle. Idk that's the only way I can see that the gyms can't directly be involved.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh, I meant that's the only way I could see it happening, sorry.

As for helping, not really sure whether their advice would help that much though. How else does the champion battle you then?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I meant in-game advice usually isn't useful. XD;

Yeah but what's the reason for battling the champion? If gym badges aren't involved...

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
    Or maybe not having the plot be so reliant on getting the badges? Like how the game's story tends to come to a standstill until the next badge is received?

I know D: It's always such a pain to just have to go from Home -> Route -> Gym -> Route -> Gym -> etc. etc. etc. until we finally get to the legendaries... I mean sure, the villainous teams are constant obstacles, but for the paths that have nothing going on, a side-quest is needed D:

I've heard this before on this site and many other sites; but I think side-quests will be implemented in Black and White, even after the legendaries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back