• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    a shiny Dragonair (I wish I could just post it) is a personal favorite of mine... Shame the same charm and flare doesn't quote carry over when it evolves haha

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Oh wow... I didn't actually notice that there were new shiny colours for everything each generation (okay I know nothing :D)

But compare that to...

It's really amazing. :O And the pose is a lot better than HGSS' too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pfft, Bulbapedia is broken then. :(

Not gunna bother looking for the other one, but just after googling, comparing this to generation 1, it's really pretty. :3

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

Oh wow... I didn't actually notice that there were new shiny colours for everything each generation (okay I know nothing :D)

But compare that to...

It's really amazing. :O And the pose is a lot better than HGSS' too.

For some sprites they change the tint. You should look up Gligar's sprites. They've kept it's shiny sprite the same color, but for the fourth gen regular sprite they changed it's color 3 times.

Anyways...back to gen five. I actually prefer Erufuun's shiny sprite over the over. And I'm not a huge fan of shiny mons.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    The colors go really well together. I think that's what adds to it's undeniable cuteness.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gyrados is by far the best shiny :P Come on... Red... RED!

I'm pretty sure there are better shinies in B/W than that (since it was shiny for four generations before). Denchura for example ^_____^

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    sorry to have to spam like this... But just trying to get to the 15 post haha I think Water Pokemon got the best of the shiny... Lapras is pretty darn cool

I'm pretty sure there are better shinies in B/W than that (since it was shiny for four generations before). Denchura for example ^_____^

Denchura.... Now I have to look it up :P haha *looks it up*... They slightly darker yellow? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    back to the 5th gen.... Abagoura looks more serious with his new pain job :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    sorry to have to spam like this... But just trying to get to the 15 post haha I think Water Pokemon got the best of the shiny... Lapras is pretty darn cool

Denchura.... Now I have to look it up :P haha *looks it up*... They slightly darker yellow? Or am I missing something?

Spam? If you're not referring to B/W shinies (of any generation), then it is spam, but since you are... it isn't. Either way, spam is bad and don't do it.

Nooo, it's kinda... dark blue sorta, a pretty shade of blue, because the normal colours for Denchura seem too royal compared to the shiny. XD

The Red Chain

Here are a few shinies that I absolutely adore beyond compare. Not all of them!
    Need more to talk about throughout the thread so I'll save my other favorites for mention later~

Zorua and Zoroark have some delicious shinies. The combination of dark brown and light blue on Zorua create one exotic beauty, and the gray and purple on Zoroark have always been a treasured eye-candy combo.

Another pair of dazzlers that I love. Pink has been a long time favorite color of mine and almost every shiny that is pink I fall in love with ; Chillarmy/Minccino being no exception.
    Chirachiino's color combo in shiny form is superior to it's normal colors. Yellow is another color that I really love to see. :3

Blue, green, AND pink?! .. There are no words to describe this masterpiece.. period.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

It would be if it's face wasn't quite as disturbing because of the "lips". ;___;

True. But at least they're not as bad as Jynx's lips.

Need more to talk about throughout the thread so I'll save my other favorites for mention later~

Zorua and Zoroark have some delicious shinies. The combination of dark brown and light blue on Zorua create one exotic beauty, and the gray and purple on Zoroark have always been a treasured eye-candy combo.

The blue seems kinda strong for Zorua.

Another pair of dazzlers that I love. Pink has been a long time favorite color of mine and almost every shiny that is pink I fall in love with ; Chillarmy/Minccino being no exception.
    Chirachiino's color combo in shiny form is superior to it's normal colors. Yellow is another color that I really love to see. :3

I like them both, but Chillaccino to a lesser extent.

Blue, green, AND pink?! .. There are no words to describe this masterpiece.. period.

Eh...somehow the paler colors make it seem less vibrant to me.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years

The blue on Zorua is a bit bright, its colors don't blend as well as Zoroarks. On the other hand, Zoroark is awesomely evil with that Purple and Gray.
    I love Chillarmy's colors, but I don't really like Chillaccino's lighter fur for some reason. :/
    Doredia's just... awesome.

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ] Sazandora doesn't look as epic as before. :(
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ] Goruugu's looking pretty nice. Looks way more ghostly. Why couldn't shiny and regular form switch?
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]Lovin' its grey, black, and red combo.

Last edited:

solarowl

Years
    I dislike most shiny Pokemon for some reason. ._.

But, I do like Hitomoshi! The neon-blue flame is epic!
    I forgot about Hitomoshi, >_<
    Hitomoshi's flame is such an awesome blue and its eyes bright green are just epic.

Years
    Hmm.. I just check out Hitomoshi's evolutions as well.
    Ranpuraa's shiny form isn't impressive. Shandera on the other hand looks much better but still doesn't beat Hitomoshi. :c
    Blue flame > Yellowish orange flame. =D

I'll try my best to get a shiny Hitomoshi when I get the games. :]

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

Hey, derp is adorable no matter what color it is, okay. ;__;

it would be cool if the coloring was the same as a master ball. :(

Meh. It's pre-vo is cuter.

The blue on Zorua is a bit bright, its colors don't blend as well as Zoroarks. On the other hand, Zoroark is awesomely evil with that Purple and Gray.
    I love Chillarmy's colors, but I don't really like Chillaccino's lighter fur for some reason. :/
    Doredia's just... awesome.

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ] Sazandora doesn't look as epic as before. :(
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ] Goruugu's looking pretty nice. Looks way more ghostly. Why couldn't shiny and regular form switch?
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]Lovin' its grey and black combo.

The green on Sazandora definitely makes it look meaner & I totally agree with you on Goruugu, Ononokus is like the new shiny Charizard.

I dislike most shiny Pokemon for some reason. ._.

But, I do like Hitomoshi! The neon-blue flame is epic!

It's perfect for a ghost type. Nicely done.

Ranpuraa's shiny form isn't impressive. Shandera on the other hand looks much better but still doesn't beat Hitomoshi. :c

Ranpuraa's purple flame doesn't look bad, but orange flames are overrated. Perhaps a green or PINK! flame would have been better for Shandera.

solarowl

Years

lol. I already bred a shiny Hitomoshi. :D
    Along with a few other shinies from Gen V.
    I think Shandera's body shouldn't be Orange with its flames. Maybe if its body were a different color, I would like it more.

Back