• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    OMG SHINEH ZEKROM.

Incase you don't know, Gamefreak has decided to be smart with us and make it impossible for Zekrom and Reshiram too be shiny when you encounter them in N's castle. So instead in order to actually have a 1 in god many chance of actually encountering the shiny form of one of them, you need to have a full party, and, get this, ALL your boxes need to be full . -_- So that you can then see the legendary at Dragonspiral Tower I believe.

So, simply put, are any of you going to go through this hassle to get a LEGIT shiny box legend? Come on, its not that hard, only 700 odd spaces to fill in those boxes...

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I've read about this before.

I was going to atempt it, however I wasn't really sure if it was legit or not. I don't really want to waste time catching so many pokemon because some twelve year old started some stupid rumor.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Yeah I only heard about this forever after I caught Reshiram so never even bothered thinking about it. Even if I had heard about it I wouldn't have done it. I don't care for shiny leg. that much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The question is, is it legit? I've never seen a video of a non-hacked game catching it or even encountering it, and have heard mixed stories. IIRC, serebii says one thing and smogon another. So, you go ahead and try and let us know :P

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Hate to break it to you, but having full boxes only makes it reappear in Dragonspiral Tower. It DOES NOT LET IT BE SHINY.

I repeat.

THE SHINY CHECK IS STILL ON.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Anything to do with filling the boxes and as a result have a Pokemon appear sounds like a whole bunch of crap. I don't believe it one bit.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Anything to do with filling the boxes and as a result have a Pokemon appear sounds like a whole bunch of crap. I don't believe it one bit.

No, it makes it so you don't have to catch your legend in N's castle. Then it will appear in Dragonspiral Tower.

Pretty sure this is legit, but i'm too lazy to try it :3

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    I sounds fake to me. And how could you catch it if your boxes and party are full?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    The Zekrom at the Dragon Spiral Tower still has the shiny check. This has been proven and confirmed by official sources.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    All you need to do is make it faint, to send it to Dragonspiral.
    Like Ayame said, it's not removing the checks that disable it being shiny.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    No, it makes it so you don't have to catch your legend in N's castle. Then it will appear in Dragonspiral Tower.

Pretty sure this is legit, but i'm too lazy to try it :3

It's not, like Victini, Zekrom and Resharim always have the shiny check, no matter where you catch them, unless you use cheats or it comes from a possible future event, they will never be shiny.

I sounds fake to me. And how could you catch it if your boxes and party are full?

If your party and PC boxes are all full Resharim or Zekrom simply don't appear, so you do not fight them, and then have to go to the Dragonspiral Tower to give your shot at catching it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Incase you don't know, Gamefreak has decided to be smart with us and make it impossible for Zekrom and Reshiram too be shiny when you encounter them in N's castle. So instead in order to actually have a 1 in god many chance of actually encountering the shiny form of one of them, you need to have a full party, and, get this, ALL your boxes need to be full . -_- So that you can then see the legendary at Dragonspiral Tower I believe.

So, simply put, are any of you going to go through this hassle to get a LEGIT shiny box legend? Come on, its not that hard, only 700 odd spaces to fill in those boxes...

I'll let yall continue to debate whether you can defy the shiny check by a rumour or not in the shiny discussion thread ^_____^; Either way, as others said, I believe it to be fake, but if you really believe it to be real...

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Can you run into shiny pokemon at any time or do you have to reach a certain point in the game?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Can you run into shiny pokemon at any time or do you have to reach a certain point in the game?

You can run into shinies at any point in the game.
    Some people have even encountered shinies before they even get pokéballs.

UltiMoth

The Ultimate Ulgamoth
    Years
    how!? is that really possible?

It's possible. You just need to keep soft-resetting until you can get a shiny starter.

I still haven't encountered any shinies yet in Black. I haven't SRed for any, and I'm just going by luck now, so we'll see.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I found a shiny Vanillite yesterday when I was training my starter

That's great since I only had about 16 hours on Black

Maggazone

Shiny Collector
    Years
    The first shiny I encountered was a shiny Boldore, it was actually just an accident because I wasn't looking for one. I also later in the game found a shiny Axew but I was looking for that one because Axew, Fraxure and Haxorus look awesome in shiny form :)

Back